Managerial Thread - 24/25 Season - Brighton Hove and Lolbion

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I could see them wanting a 1 year extension so he’s not a lame duck going into any potential end of season games next year, but the problem there is I doubt he signs a 1 year extension and instead demands 2-3 years.

Curious, why do you think they’d fear a lame duck manager?

EDIT: Apart from fearing the players decide they don’t want to play for him.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Curious, why do you think they’d fear a lame duck manager?

EDIT: Apart from fearing the players decide they don’t want to play for him.
Given the locker room issues, I think it’s an entirely reasonable fear that if next season plays out like this he’s a lame duck going into an FA cup final and players are just gonna ignore any game plan he comes up with/have issues training well.

Obviously that says a lot (not positive) about the players themselves, but I don’t know how anyone could watch United and not be afraid of that happening.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Given the locker room issues, I think it’s an entirely reasonable fear that if next season plays out like this he’s a lame duck going into an FA cup final and players are just gonna ignore any game plan he comes up with/have issues training well.

Obviously that says a lot (not positive) about the players themselves, but I don’t know how anyone could watch United and not be afraid of that happening.
I watch United and I’m not afraid. In fact I’m quite hopeful it happens.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Would be much more interested in Pep if his next job was in the NBA

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Solid move for him. I think Leicester is a club he will thrive at personally.
I think he's a good manager who came into a toxic situation in Chelsea. If he had joined at the time Poch did, he would likely have had more success. Trying to manage 45 egos and constant turmoil was above his head though.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I think he's a good manager who came into a toxic situation in Chelsea. If he had joined at the time Poch did, he would likely have had more success. Trying to manage 45 egos and constant turmoil was above his head though.
For sure. It was also just a huge contrast to the club culture he had at Brighton. Probably came a little too soon for him.

Leicester feels like a natural fit all around.

Reactions: Blender

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Apparently Potter isn’t taking the Leicester job. Cooper is

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

I remember how hyped I was when he became the BuLi's youngest player ever...on the plus side, I've finally aged into my blood pressure & girls no longer get mad at me for waking up before 6 :laugh:

That attitude might be why he wasn’t called up by Nagelsman

Like I said, it's hard to bring Mats along unless you're going to start him...and I'm not sure he had enough left in the tank to start. He had some great games down the stretch...and some games where he looked like he was gassed.

Reactions: Power Man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad