Managerial merry go round part II

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
So Mourinho apparently wants to leave United because Manchester City is too good to beat. :laugh: That dude is such a fraud.

Yeah there are far too many of these stories coming out to be just press making things up - between criticizing the fans, complaining about money (he spent 300m FFS) and everything else, he’s clearly beginning the act to destroy it all.

It was known. Wouldn’t be the end of the world if he goes to PSG after this season. Modern football and all. Who United hires scares me though.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
TT already tried selling out once and it ended badly for him. It's time for him to accept his hipster-favorite fate and take over Union, Gladbach or Werder for the next 4-5 years.

Only a locker room that has dealt with Mourinho for the past 2 years will be able to tolerate Tuchel's impossible personality

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
True enough...hopefully he hates Pogba for no reason, cause if TT turned Pogba into the player he was once hyped to become, that could really screw with our WC chances.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Ryan Giggs, he previously touted for (and "interested in" in the same sense thousands of wags with a Football Manager CV are) jobs such as Everton, Swansea and pretty much any Premier League vacancy of the past three years is going to head up a youth academy in, er, Vietnam: Ryan Giggs: Ex-Man Utd winger to sign deal with Vietnamese academy

A generation of hacks that grew up salivating over Fergie will be just devastated.

Reactions: Stray Wasp

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Ryan Giggs, he previously touted for (and "interested in" in the same sense thousands of wags with a Football Manager CV are) jobs such as Everton, Swansea and pretty much any Premier League vacancy of the past three years is going to head up a youth academy in, er, Vietnam: Ryan Giggs: Ex-Man Utd winger to sign deal with Vietnamese academy

A generation of hacks that grew up salivating over Fergie will be just devastated.

These patriotic journalists should highlight their solidarity with Giggs by a co-ordinated programme of self-immolations.

I propose Robbie Savage take the lead.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Not sure where else to put this but Chelsea are interested in bringing in Luis Campos as the new technical director.

Any thoughts @Evilo ?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yes I read that.
A few things :

- best scout in the business. By a wide margin I'd say. He built Monaco's golden year 4 years ago. Brought Lemar, Bakayoko, Silva, etc....
- rumor is that there is trouble between Bielsa and him, not so much between the two but between Bielsa and the guys Campos appointed.
- somehow doubt he signs with an unstable staff like Chelsea
- is extremely interested in building from scratch like Lille. I think he loves the Lille project.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Savage is currently the under-12s coach at some 9th tier vanity project that's having a few pounds flung at it: Jlloyd Samuel & Nathan Ellington: Ex-Premier League players line up for non-league Egerton FC

Interestingly, while I'd read about Samuel and Ellington playing non-league, the article in question made no mention of Savage. It appears tact is not dead after all.

Egerton FC will shortly possess a team of under-12s who can't play football, but know how to bob their heads like a mule while they run. Hopefully they will consider this a benefit.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Hmm..."Former Wales midfielder Robbie Savage is the club's under-12 coach."

I read this, and I wondered, 'what does this cryptic remark mean?'

Then I reread my own post, and I think I understand. A communication breakdown on my part.

When I wrote, 'the article in question', I was referring to the article I read about Samuel and Ellington, rather than the one Ceremony linked. But 'the article in question' isn't the right phrase to use the context I used it.

But in mitigation I ask, how can a fellow be expected to compose lucid phrases when Britain's finest footballing minds are being thwarted at every turn?

Even now, Sam Allardyce will be stomping around his house kicking his tasteless furniture because rather than give him a job Everton prefers publicly to stalk Marco Silva. Already, it's rumoured they've offered Watford £8.5 million compensation.

Imagine how much Silva will be worth once he's managed in the Premier League for a full twelve months.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Marc Wilmots out as Ivory Coast manager after failing to qualify for the World Cup, he lasted only 6 months, Ivory Coast will be on their 4th manager since the last World Cup

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
How much is Wales paying? How much is Sunderland?

Better odds for 2022:

Wales in Qatar or Sunderland in the Premier League?

It's extremely likely that Coleman will have moved on for better or worse by 2022.

Left Wales for...Sunderland? Career suicide if you ask me.

I don't know. Expectations must be extremely low there. Merely saving them from further relegation probably would help his reputation.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
How much is Wales paying? How much is Sunderland?

It's extremely likely that Coleman will have moved on for better or worse by 2022.

I don't know. Expectations must be extremely low there. Merely saving them from further relegation probably would help his reputation.
That in itself is a tall order.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad