GDT: Mambo Sauce vs. Chowder

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ArmadilloThumb

Apr 20, 2018
Pleased with Cristall, Miroshnichenko (loved how he kept after the puck after the fall/giveaway), Wilson, CMM (he finished, albeit on a easy one, and I see a lot of drive and quiet determination drive there) and love little Pro (poise out there, and that shot!!). Roy will be a rock.

Like how Carbs kept Bear and Shep in there... coaches want to see certain things and gave them a long leash. Both seemed to settle and improve. Bear did a nice job QBing the PP in the 3rd.

I don't have much for HHA.

Reactions: DWGie26 and qc14

qc14

Jul 1, 2024
Would like to see next game:
Ovi-Strome-Mangiapane
Vrana-McMichael-Cristall
Suzdalev-Rybynski-Dube
Duhaime-Dowd-Trineyev

Chychrun-Carlson
AA-McIlrath
Massie/Lievermann-Iorio

With Stevenson and Gibson splitting. I want to see: McMichael to get a run at center, Vrana and Cristall in higher level minutes, Trineyev with a call-up audition on the 4th line, reward Rybynski and Dube for good play so far, where do McIlrath/AA/Iorio stand

My next round of cuts, probably on Wednesday after NJD:
F - Frank, Limoges, Parascak, I. Protas, Suzdalev, Smallman, Sutter, Philp, Funk, Trineyev
D - Massie, Lievermann, Priskie, Day, McDonald
G - Gibson

wickedwitch

Mar 21, 2010
How'd Jimi look tonight? Better than game 1 I hope.
Fewer defensive breakdowns, so that's good. And his line also had one really great shift which they didn't have last game. But he's still not where he should be.

He's rightfully earned leeway because of his play last season. I would like if he didn't need that leeway to make the team.

Reactions: Calicaps

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Don't like Shep being the 3rd string goalie. I think the Caps need to go another direction in that regard. Shep is gonna steal starts from Stevenson in Hershey, which I personally think is not a good thing for Stevenson's development.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Just to follow up on Shep. I watched highlights. Shep is going down early on some shots and giving bad rebounds. The 1st goal gloving it up in air and putting it in his own net was just poor technique. The puck was a bit wobbling in the air, you catch it in your webbing first while closing your glove on it and then turn your glove(catching surface face) towards you. What Shep did was put his glove forward and trap it downward.

Overall, I felt 3 of the 4 goals on him were stoppable shots if he played his angles better. Shep got away with some stuff at the AHL level, that NHL shooters will just embarrass you on. I'm beginning to wonder if Todd Nelson's system in Hershey sheltered some of Shep's weaknesses? At times he plays small, and he's not a big goalie to take up space. Frankly, I see him having a setback being the 3rd goalie option.

Martin Jones is a FA right now and only age 34. I would trust him more as a 3rd option than Shep. I figure Hershey is probably gonna try to win a 3rd straight Calder Cup, which means Shep will be sticking around. I think a good deal of teams would have already cut ties with Shep with what he's showing in preseason.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Just to follow up on Shep. I watched highlights. Shep is going down early on some shots and giving bad rebounds. The 1st goal gloving it up in air and putting it in his own net was just poor technique. The puck was a bit wobbling in the air, you catch it in your webbing first while closing your glove on it and then turn your glove(catching surface face) towards you. What Shep did was put his glove forward and trap it downward.

Overall, I felt 3 of the 4 goals on him were stoppable shots if he played his angles better. Shep got away with some stuff at the AHL level, that NHL shooters will just embarrass you on. I'm beginning to wonder if Todd Nelson's system in Hershey sheltered some of Shep's weaknesses? At times he plays small, and he's not a big goalie to take up space. Frankly, I see him having a setback being the 3rd goalie option.

Martin Jones is a FA right now and only age 34. I would trust him more as a 3rd option than Shep. I figure Hershey is probably gonna try to win a 3rd straight Calder Cup, which means Shep will be sticking around. I think a good deal of teams would have already cut ties with Shep with what he's showing in preseason.
You want to cut our star AHL goalie because of 1 1/2 NHL preseason games? Have you lost your mind?

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
You want to cut our star AHL goalie because of 1 1/2 NHL preseason games? Have you lost your mind?
I mean, that star AHL goalie is holding up the goalie pipeline. Many would tell you Stephenson has a much higher season then Sheppard who's also put up bonker stats in his limited time.

He's not gonna get cut, and I see no world where they trade him really, but this was the year he needed to make the jump. Them going out and getting Logan Thompson says all that needed to be said about how the view Sheppard as an NHL level prospect. Now all he's really doing, again, is holding up the pipeline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad