Speculation: Malkin to the Canadiens

LeonDraisaitl

Jan 5, 2015
Saskatchewan
Meh its quite possible. His camp indicated years back he loved Montreal. I think the habs are as likely as any other non pittsburgh team
Just looking at his current career status and maybe a couple more years as a good player makes me think even though he might like Montreal there is nothing there for a mid 30’s player presumably looking to win.

On the other side of things I agree with the habs fans here, with next years draft why already make your low chances at 1st or 2nd overall way lower by adding veterans looking to win.

I don’t know if I see the fit on either side, letang obviously made sense being French but yeah

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Wrong. If the deal was decent the habs would be all over it. He would instantly become the leading scorer there and perhaps their best player. If malkin called the habs and said I'd take 3 years at 6.5 to 7 , Montreal would be sending the private jet. Make no mistake
Montreal won't be signing Malkin.

Last edited:

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Either we have cap space because Price is on the LTIR so it doesn't make sense to sign Malkin.

Or Price plays and we have no cap space for Malkin.

Anyway we're at least 2-3 years away to being competitive

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Better than 1/32 odds sunshine. There is mutual interest
Stop believing the made up stories from the so called insiders it's not happening Hughes already made a statement that he won't be signing any of the more expensive unrestricted free agents.

Last edited:

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Stop believing the made up stories from the so called insiders it's not happening Hughes already made a statement that he won't be signing any of the more expensive unrestricted free agents.
Stop believing everything you read in the local Montreal papers.....who said it would be overly expensive?? There is a fair chance that either malkin or Letang sign there.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Stop believing everything you read in the local Montreal papers.....who said it would be overly expensive?? There is a fair chance that either malkin or Letang sign there.
If Letang , Malkin are willing to sign contracts not considered overly expensive they will remain in Pittsburgh.

Last edited:

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
If Letang , Malkin are willing to sign contracts not considered overly expensive they will remain in Pittsburgh.
Wrong... what one temas sees as affordable is expensive by another. Both players have a say in where they go ( if they do) . Letang will probably be signed by if not Montreal will be his landing spot. Views on malkin are mixed. But one thing for sure is he isn't getting 9.5. This process along with hextall , new ownership and an aging team might sway both players in testing the waters. Again it was malkin own camp who said Montreal or Florida...the insiders just confirmed it pal

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Wrong... what one temas sees as affordable is expensive by another. Both players have a say in where they go ( if they do) . Letang will probably be signed by if not Montreal will be his landing spot. Views on malkin are mixed. But one thing for sure is he isn't getting 9.5. This process along with hextall , new ownership and an aging team might sway both players in testing the waters. Again it was malkin own camp who said Montreal or Florida...the insiders just confirmed it pal
Believe fantasy signings if you like Montreal won't be signing Letang or Malkin .
Pittsburgh is a better team with over 23,000,000 in cap space and will still likely be a playoff team they lost to the NYR in game 7 overtime playing their # 3 goalie the majority of the series.
Montreal are not a playoff team and likely won't be next season either . Letang , Malkin if they do leave Pittsburgh they will sign with a contending team if not they are just chasing the money and don't care about winning.
Montreal Canadiens will draft Shane Wright 1st overall that will be the biggest acquisition Gorton , Hughes make before next season .

Last edited:

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
Malkin and Letang will either sign where they are offered the most money (don't think the Canadiens can do that), or where they think they have the best chance of winning (I'd like to think Montreal is the place, but I doubt that's happening in the immediate future).

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad