Value of: Make Wallinder and Willander Happen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
Either direction. What would it take to get the two in the same org that both love their Swedes?

Wallinder was an all situations top pairing D in the SHL last year against men, now getting used to NA hockey in the AHL but pretty well insulated by two other Swedish LD in Edvinsson and Johansson ahead of him.

Willander is having a great freshman year in the NCAA and had a very solid WJC.

Neither org would want to give them up so the price would have to be very solid. Both great skaters. Wallinder has the size, Willander has the competitiveness edge.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
Either direction. What would it take to get the two in the same org that both love their Swedes?

Wallinder was an all situations top pairing D in the SHL last year against men, now getting used to NA hockey in the AHL but pretty well insulated by two other Swedish LD in Edvinsson and Johansson ahead of him.

Willander is having a great freshman year in the NCAA and had a very solid WJC.

Neither org would want to give them up so the price would have to be very solid. Both great skaters. Wallinder has the size, Willander has the competitiveness edge.
How about they unite in Calgary. 😁

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
It'd take significantly less for VAN to get Wallinder than DET to get Willander.

And the price for DET to get Willander wouldn't be worth it at all considering their right side is Seider long term and a hopefully panning out of ASP who is the same draft year.

Reactions: oceanchild

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
It'd take significantly less for VAN to get Wallinder than DET to get Willander.

And the price for DET to get Willander wouldn't be worth it at all considering their right side is Seider long term and a hopefully panning out of ASP who is the same draft year.
I think if wallinder was available, the blues would be all over it.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I think if wallinder was available, the blues would be all over it.

I would expect that if Detroit was moving Wallinder, it'd only be as the "Plus" in a package for a Top 6 C or top 4 D that fits the age range for their group. Only guy that really fits that in STL is Robert Thomas and there's about no chance in hell that's happening lol.

Essentially what I mean is, I don't see Detroit laterally flipping Wallinder for a pick, (That's a perpetual rebuild move) and I don't see them doing a prospect swap. Both of those would require them to have soured on Wallinder, and there's no indication of that.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
I would expect that if Detroit was moving Wallinder, it'd only be as the "Plus" in a package for a Top 6 C or top 4 D that fits the age range for their group. Only guy that really fits that in STL is Robert Thomas and there's about no chance in hell that's happening lol.

Essentially what I mean is, I don't see Detroit laterally flipping Wallinder for a pick, (That's a perpetual rebuild move) and I don't see them doing a prospect swap. Both of those would require them to have soured on Wallinder, and there's no indication of that.
What about buchnevich at 50% with kevin hates at 50%
For
Wallinder kasper 1st. You guys resign buchy in off season.

Robert thomas is a 1c who has 62 pts in 55 games. That would cost a lot i mean a lot. Wallinder is top 4 dman at ceiling. But maybe faulk could be a possibility.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
What about buchnevich at 50% with kevin hates at 50%
For
Wallinder kasper 1st. You guys resign buchy in off season.

Robert thomas is a 1c who has 62 pts in 55 games. That would cost a lot i mean a lot. Wallinder is top 4 dman at ceiling. But maybe faulk could be a possibility.

Not to be rude, but this is awful for Detroit lol.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Not to be rude, but this is awful for Detroit lol.
Well what does detroit require. Buchy is top line winger who has played 2c. Hayes is a cost controled big body 3c. That price is the price for 1.5 years of buchnevich. I have had other detroit fans like it. Just curious

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Well what does detroit require. Buchy is top line winger who has played 2c. Hayes is a cost controled big body 3c. That price is the price for 1.5 years of buchnevich. I have had other detroit fans like it. Just curious

A Top 6 C or a Top 4D that fits their age range.

Buch is a great winger but not an ideal center and is about to be 29 and a UFA in 2025. Hayes is completely useless to us as he's a downgrade from Compher or Copp.

Either way we're definitely not trading Kasper + Wallinder + 1st for Buch given his age, position, and contract status. He has value for sure. I'd question if his value is that high, but he does have value... He just doesn't have that value to us, especially given that our winger depth already includes Raymond/Debrincat/Kane.

Last edited:
Reactions: slimnipsu

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
A Top 6 C or a Top 4D that fits their age range.

Buch is a great winger but not an ideal center and is about to be 29 and a UFA in 2025. Hayes is completely useless to us as he's a downgrade from Compher or Copp.

Either way we're definitely not trading Kasper + Wallinder + 1st for Buch given his age, position, and contract status. He has value for sure. I'd question if his value is that high, but he does have value... He just doesn't have that value to us, especially given that our winger depth already includes Raymond/Debrincat/Kane.
Understood. But i dont think kane will be there much longer.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Remains to be seen. I think it's a no-brainer to keep him if he wants to stay, but who knows if he might explore the market with more cap space available.

Even if he leaves, I'm gonna say no to weakening our LHD and center depth and dropping a 1st to add a middle age (Career wise) winger that's a year from UFA lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: redwings25

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Remains to be seen. I think it's a no-brainer to keep him if he wants to stay, but who knows if he might explore the market with more cap space available.

Even if he leaves, I'm gonna say no to weakening our LHD and center depth and dropping a 1st to add a middle age (Career wise) winger that's a year from UFA lol.
Np doubt you want to keep him. I saw with jaybo having the same hip surgery. It took an entire year before he was great again. Towards the end of this year and then next i think he is going to breal out again.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Np doubt you want to keep him. I saw with jaybo having the same hip surgery. It took an entire year before he was great again. Towards the end of this year and then next i think he is going to breal out again.
If it's up to me, I'd gladly throw Kane 2 years at $6M - $7M.

If he takes a cliff dive, oh well. We've got the cap.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
If it's up to me, I'd gladly throw Kane 2 years at $6M - $7M.

If he takes a cliff dive, oh well. We've got the cap.
He is a perimeter player with skating and finesse. Once he is fully healed i bet he gets 2ppg again. I think though buffulo is going to offer him more money or even go back to chicago when cap is back.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Send them both to Toronto so they can have Will, Wall, and Woll :laugh: (convince Woll to change his last name to Wollinder for added effect)

Should have made Jarko Ruutu - Tuomo Ruutu - Jordan Tootoo happen instead.
The 'Too Many Vowels' line

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022

Edvinsson - Seider
Wallinder - Willander
Albert Johansson - ASP

It’s beautiful

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Why?

All signs point to him choosing Detroit and he's thrived in the situation. If we make the playoffs I see him re-signing as an inevitability.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Why?

All signs point to him choosing Detroit and he's thrived in the situation. If we make the playoffs I see him re-signing as an inevitability.
I responded lower. I he took detroit as a prove it coming off surgery. He has always shown a desire for his hometown buffulo who has money to resign him. Also i am sure he would go back to chicago. But i am sure detroit could be right there. He may even go to another team. Depends does he want cup or final big payout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad