MacKinnon and Rantanen or Matthews and Marner?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which duo?

• Total voters

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
I "LOL'd" at your previous post because it was ridiculous. And I never called anyone dumb. I said that I would not be dumb by comparing seasons 1-5 to seasons 4-8. And I'm right.

And yes, some of us Leaf fans lash out at the zillions of posters in here that pile on the Leafs/Leaf fans. Since it's so obvious, there's not much point in trying anything else, as y'all are hardly EVER fair in your comments.

But I made my points about Matthews vs. McKinnon, and backed them up with some facts. Same with Marner. Have a nice day.
That’s not what you said for the dumb comments, you claimed the method I used was dumb. Why are you not being honest about that? Y’all? Again if you’re piling me in with the leaf haters then find one post that shows it, otherwise it’s clear you’re the one with bias here. I call leaf players good/great often. A lot more often then you comment positively about an opposing teams player that’s for sure.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Are people watching the games this year?

Matthews hasn't just taken a step. He's taken a giant leap. He's arguably the best forward in the league this year. Some may say McDavid but if you look at their underlying real world statistics and not things like power play points Matthews is ahead.
Power plays are definitely not real

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Matthews hasn't just taken a step. He's taken a giant leap. He's arguably the best forward in the league this year. Some may say McDavid but if you look at their underlying real world statistics and not things like power play points Matthews is ahead.

You mean like 5on5 points?
McDavid - 32
Matthews - 20

Or primary 5on5 points?
McDavid - 26
Matthews - 18

Or maybe you meant 5on5 points/60?
McDavid - 3.37
Matthews - 2.46

You'll have to be clearer about which of these "real world statistics" you're referring to.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
While he’s not prime Bergeron, MacKinnon’s defensive game has come a long way. He’s only been on the ice for 7 goals against this season.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011

Please just stop... So now Matthews is better than McDavid? :D Strong Maple syrup? As it is now - McDavid is the BEST PLAYER in the NHL by far. No contest. I think very high of Matthews, but I`m not on drugs.

1.McDavid

MacKinnon, Draisaitl, Matthews, Barkov

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Both are good combos. I’m preferential to Mack’s physical play and more rounded talent over Matthews.

Rants due to size and offensively I find him to be more rounded than Marner with his shooting ability and sneaky good passing ability.

HotPie

Dec 3, 2007
While he’s not prime Bergeron, MacKinnon’s defensive game has come a long way. He’s only been on the ice for 7 goals against this season.

To be honest, I don't think either player is bringing Bergeron-like Selke level defense, and I don't think we should focus on that aspect of their games. Neither of them are defensive liabilities. Their primary contribution is offensive production.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Papi 4 Hart

Nov 9, 2018
You mean like 5on5 points?
McDavid - 32
Matthews - 20

Or primary 5on5 points?
McDavid - 26
Matthews - 18

Or maybe you meant 5on5 points/60?
McDavid - 3.37
Matthews - 2.46

You'll have to be clearer about which of these "real world statistics" you're referring to.

Wow matthews only has 2 secondary 5 on 5 points thats crazy.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The difference in AAV between Matthews+Marner and Mackinnon+Rantanen is 7M. 7M is more than Nathan Mackinnon even makes.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
The difference in AAV between Matthews+Marner and Mackinnon+Rantanen is 7M. 7M is more than Nathan Mackinnon even makes.

We know. He should be making more, signed long term before he broke out, had he broken out a year earlier he easily would've commanded 10M+.

Eradic Dvorak

Mar 22, 2021
Nordegg
This is a good discussion.
Mackinnon = puck carrier with speed and a good shot. Injury prone.
Marner = puck carrier with decent speed, amazing hands.
Mathews = top 3 deadliest shots, injury prone.
Rantanen = deadly shot injury prone.

Pretty even if the duos having ratings out of 10al and total 40.
Chemistry Aves 8/10 Leafs 7/10
Speed 8/10 6/10
2 way play 6.5/10 7.5/10
Goal Threat 7.5/10 8/10
Total 30/40 28.5/40

Aves are the better duo and cost less.

Bonus duo. McDavid and Draisaitl
Chemistry 8.5/10
Speed 9/10
2 way play 7.5/10
Goal threat 9/10
Total 34/40

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
Honestly i’d add Suzuki and Kotkaniemi to this

close call really, practically the same tier

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
Matt and marn are too expensive, you cant build a great team around them when you have cap hit. Such a shame

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Mack > AM > Marner > Rantanen. I put too close to call because gap between Mack and AM is small and so is gap between Marner and Rantanen.

If cap hit was included then easily Avs but that was a bit of luck involved.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Nate is a freak in the playoffs so this makes him quite a bit better than Matthews. If Nate goes on another superman tear this playoffs, the gap will only increase.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad