News Article: Maatta re-signed, 6 years, $4.083M/yr

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
The Piece = Rob Scuderi
The Breast = Kris Letang?

Going by what's been spouted over the years.

The cartilage = Dupuis
The blood and guts = Kunitz
The heart = Crosby
The conscience = Orpik
The Soul = Malkin
The Piece = Scuderi
The glue = Fleury
The coffee = Adams
The breast = Letang

They're building some kind of one boobed monster that is incredibly weak and fragile.

nhindian

Jul 4, 2009
Whoa. That's some crazy extravagance. Someone on the Pens should sit the kid down with a financial advisor and give him the money talk. Everyone knows bedding is the gateway drug of excessive spending. :laugh:

Someone call Cris Carter and get him a fall guy before this gets out of hand.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
did someone say breast?

Seems like this conversation has my name all over it.

(cuz i'm a boob)

OaPXDlW.gif

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
So much for getting to work on his skating this summer.

he still can. granlund was there for 16 days. koivu was 11. even guy like armia was less than 40 (can't remember exactly how many might have been way less). and it's not so taxing on most days that you can't workout after the day is over though there might not always be enough time/energy to do skating. määttä will probably spend there more time than koivu and granlund as he's not as big star but still, won't be that much.

i think it has gotten a little tighter lately but still, it's mostly a joke for an ''army''. athletes have privileges there. great athletes have lots of the.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The mandatory service in Finland is pretty damn light and doesn't last too long...my Finnish friends all talk about their service time like it was six months in a fraternity.

Last edited:

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
Arguably the greatest sniper in history was in the Finnish army. He has the most confirmed kills of any sniper by a mile. Also, he didn't use optics, just "open" iron sights.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Arguably the greatest sniper in history was in the Finnish army. He has the most confirmed kills of any sniper by a mile. Also, he didn't use optics, just "open" iron sights.

Ah yes, the White Death. Like 500-some kills in 3 month.

But in all fairness, the Russians were charging the Finns without snow camo in straight lines through open fields. I probably could have hit double digits myself and I suck.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Honestly, Maatta's offseason should start with a couple weeks off the ice completely, so the army training might time out well. After that he needs a entire team of skating instructors and strength/conditioning coaches working with him 24/7 to help him train properly for next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad