Prospect Info: LW - Trevor Connelly | 2024 - 1st Round - 19th OA

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Just read up on him.

For once, I look forward to the Knights yeeting a 1st rounder the shit away from the roster.
I'm willing to give him a chance, seems to have gotten the needed guidance from the age of 16, when the reports seem to have stopped. Sounds like he was an ignorant kid with anger issues.

If he hadn't worked on his issues I doubt the US NT would've invited him to the U18s.

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
I'm willing to give him a chance, seems to have gotten the needed guidance from the age of 16, when the reports seem to have stopped. Sounds like he was an ignorant kid with anger issues.

If he hadn't worked on his issues I doubt the US NT would've invited him to the U18s.

While I understand to a degree, he will have a lot of ground to catch up before eclipsing the range of “baggage with talent” that made it so a guy like Tony DeAngelo was only palatable to 1/16th of the league.

Other guys in the first round projections have better odds at maintaining value. He’ll have a harder time measuring up to that with his baggage.

As 1st rounders for the Knights seem to be trade chips more often than they’re kept around, that knock on character makes him harder to move for value, at the same time that the seemingly inclusive/good character nature of already assembled rosters also reinforces the pick as a head-scratcher.

I just think the Knights could have drafted in Round 1 without belaboring efforts on a jackass they have to ‘fix’ in such a way. Easier to move on a player if he doesn’t work out when they aren’t barking up Mitchell Miller’s tree. Because f*** that guy.

IMG_5252.jpeg

Could have made moves to get this guy in the 3rd-5th round when it’s “Steve Dangle’s Magic Beans.”

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
While I understand to a degree, he will have a lot of ground to catch up before eclipsing the range of “baggage with talent” that made it so a guy like Tony DeAngelo was only palatable to 1/16th of the league.

Other guys in the first round projections have better odds at maintaining value. He’ll have a harder time measuring up to that with his baggage.

As 1st rounders for the Knights seem to be trade chips more often than they’re kept around, that knock on character makes him harder to move for value, at the same time that the seemingly inclusive/good character nature of already assembled rosters also reinforces the pick as a head-scratcher.

I just think the Knights could have drafted in Round 1 without belaboring efforts on a jackass they have to ‘fix’ in such a way. Easier to move on a player if he doesn’t work out when they aren’t barking up Mitchell Miller’s tree. Because f*** that guy.

View attachment 890379

Could have made moves to get this guy in the 3rd-5th round when it’s “Steve Dangle’s Magic Beans.”
He has already had 2 years of "catch up" since the picture was taken. I'd argue 2 years is a lot when it comes to kids.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00