LW Samuel Poulin - Sherbrooke Phoenix, QMJHL (2019, 21st, PIT)

KristichBabych

Jun 15, 2018
Is it possible that the Habs pick him before Lavoie(If they don't pick a def)? I think Lavoie have more upside, but Poulin seems to developp very well...The Habs need a power-forward to complete there prospect team(and they need a first pairing def, but they can draft it with 2 choices in the round 2)...For now, I would pick Lavoie first...They need size ans skill. So, Lavoie first and Poulin if he's gone...

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Is it possible that the Habs pick him before Lavoie(If they don't pick a def)? I think Lavoie have more upside, but Poulin seems to developp very well...The Habs need a power-forward to complete there prospect team(and they need a first pairing def, but they can draft it with 2 choices in the round 2)...For now, I would pick Lavoie first...They need size ans skill. So, Lavoie first and Poulin if he's gone...

I prefer way more Poulin then Lavoie

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
How has he looked at the World Juniors so far?
Powerful, makes an impact every shift, using his great skating to make turnovers. Showing off his powerful one-timer and net drive, while also dominating the faceoff circle when he’s been used there. One of the few Canadian players who was tuned in and not atrocious with and without the puck against Latvia.

Reactions: Lays and JLT

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
He played center a bit with the U-18s but I am not sure what his usage was in Sherbrooke. I see more of a winger too, but was just curious

I understand, it's just that his reads, the way he moves on the ice, where he positions himself to shoot or pass, they all scream ''I'm a winger''.

Heck, even his physical attributes seem more geared to being a winger.

Reactions: Get North

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm really excited from what I've read about him, it really seems like skating is his only weakness right now. A lot of scouting reports have said that he'd be a top-10 pick if he was a better skater, so that makes me excited to see what he can do if he focuses on that. If he can do what Tom Wilson did in his draft year, when he became a dramatically better skater over 1 season, I think he may be one of the biggest risers in redrafts on here in the future.

I just hope he improves his skating because the Penguins have been desperately lacking a Kunitz type of player since Kunitz fell off a cliff, and it seems like Poulin could be that and then some if he hits his ceiling.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Judging from what you guys are saying, I hope he doesn't get traded before he gets here.

We've heard a lot about the need to improve his skating - how true is that you, and what areas specifically needs work?

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
This was a great pick for the Pens. Some tweaks to his skating, and he’ll be the perfect player to support and do the heavy lifting for one of Crosby or Malkin as they begin to slow down two or three years from now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad