Prospect Info: LW - Nikita Prishchepov - 2024 #217

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I guess the upside is that he's been playing in the Q for three years, so unlike a lot of Russians he's clearly comfortable in North America and wants to be here. If he was still overseas, this would be an even money bet that he never even comes over. Maybe we can get him on the Eagles and see what he does.

Reactions: LTCPain75

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
1719698238121.png

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I actually liked Prishchepov's game last year where he warranted some hype and maybe should have been a late-round selection. I might be misremembering him with somebody else, but he's a bottom-six energy player with a high motor that doesn't shy away from the physical game. Loves going to the front of the net and battling around there. Reminds me of Ville Nieminen who was probably drafted for a similar role, definitely a Bednar type of player.

Reactions: McMetal and lowol

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Net-front presence. Words rarely heard in these parts. Seems like a lost art really.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Just stay watching 4 points in 5 games is a pretty decent start for any AHL rookie.

Has anyone watched games? How has he looked?
He looks solid. There looks to be a lack of pure talent, but he works hard and plays how coaches like. The Eagles are trying to find their actual top 6, but he’s getting a run as a top 6 center. Thats all to say, he’s having the best start you can hope for in his situation.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
He looks solid. There looks to be a lack of pure talent, but he works hard and plays how coaches like. The Eagles are trying to find their actual top 6, but he’s getting a run as a top 6 center. Thats all to say, he’s having the best start you can hope for in his situation.

I appreciate the info, that’s great to hear!

As someone who has watched only a few highlights, is he projecting out to be a center and could he be our next Ivan?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I appreciate the info, that’s great to hear!

As someone who has watched only a few highlights, is he projecting out to be a center and could he be our next Ivan?
It’s probably early to say much. I think he’s looked solid as a center, so that’s good. He’s another effort guy like Ivan and LOC. Which the key for these guys isn’t the first games or first 40. But 60-70-150. Gotta keep the motor going.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
It’s probably early to say much. I think he’s looked solid as a center, so that’s good. He’s another effort guy like Ivan and LOC. Which the key for these guys isn’t the first games or first 40. But 60-70-150. Gotta keep the motor going.

Totally agree, very rare you get a Cogliano motor. Hopefully both him and Ivan can keep it up and continue to develop. If we can start/continue to develop cheap fourth liners it helps extend our window ever so slightly.

Now if we could develop a couple top 6 that would be great, but that could be more of a drafting issue.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Very encouraging start of the season. I really liked him in pre-season. Let's see where this goes.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I can definitely see what the scouts liked in him. He's an aggressive forechecker and he has a real talent for winning board battles, which are both great qualities to have in a 4th liner. And if he can be one of those guys like LOC whose offense isn't great at lower levels but translates well to the pros, that should be enough to earn him a steady NHL job eventually.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
He really seems like the type who wouldn't dominate at the lower levels; because he doesn't have high end shot, size, skating, etc. But good forechecking, motor and ability to play in a system is huge for pros.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad