LW Michael “Mikey” DeAngelo - Green Bay Gamblers, USHL (2023 undrafted)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

This guy was the best forward for team USA at the 2021 Hlinka.
Don’t know if there is any relation to Tony.

Can anyone tell me more about him?

USHL Rights: Dubuque Fighting Saints

NCAA Commitment: Michigan State

Last edited:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Usually EP is good at putting up family on the players page, so I'd lean towards no, but I don't know for sure.
He appears to be from the Chicago area (Tony is from South Jersey/Philly), so I'd say it is unlikely he's closely related. Michael and Anthony have to be two of the most common Italian first names, and DeAngelo is a very common Italian last name.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Haven’t seen that much, but looked to be a goal scorer with good puck skills. I didn’t think he was that great, but he had some tools.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Usually EP is good at putting up family on the players page, so I'd lean towards no, but I don't know for sure.

They could have 'relations' between a potential 7th rounder in 2025 and a guy who played one season of Canadian university hockey and flunked out. If it isn't there there's a 99.9999999% chance it's not the case.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
6 points in 38 games this season. My notes from this season on him.

DeAngelo: Has some puck skills and shooting ability. Good motor. Doesn’t skate too well, and an undersized winger.
I'll add that he'll probably have better numbers and be picked in 2023, but I don't think he looks like more than a late-round prospect.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Didn't get picked. Thought he had a good season actually and should've been picked, but I kind of see why he wasn't picked. He was a guy that had a lot of hype early on, but didn't have a skillset that matched. Still could get drafted in upcoming years or be an UDFA signing.

Had 35 points in 52 games, and headed to Michigan State for next season.

My scouting report from his USHL season.

I like his game more than last season. I think his skating looks better. I thought it was bad last season, but this season it’s better than that. It’s close to NHL average, if it’s not average. He has good puck skills, a good shot, and a good motor too. A better playmaker also than I initially thought. He’s a little undersized and the skating isn’t a selling point, but there’s some potential there. Initially I would’ve pegged like a late round range for this year and even that I thought might be a little high, but I’m now thinking he’s firmly at least a late rounder, and I wouldn’t have a huge problem either with someone picking him round 4 or 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad