LW Maxime Comtois (2017, 50th, ANA)

kroypuck

Mar 23, 2018
What happens when Gibbons comes back from injury and Ritchie signs a contract?

That's a good question. But the way he's playing right now I think it would be especially hard to replace him with Ritchie. I guess it'll all come down to whether he makes it past the 9 game mark.

Oct 18, 2011
What happens when Gibbons comes back from injury and Ritchie signs a contract?
Well that depends on how he plays. He showed alot of improvement over the course of the pre-season. Gibbons is probably ticketed for the 4th line. Comtois I think will be moved around. Right now Getzlaf has no set linemates, Rakell is likely one, but RAkell could also play with Kase and Henrique or Steel and someone else. Injuries have opened up opportunities.

The only pairs i'm sure of is Kase and Henrique, everyone else is up in the air

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I think there is a good chance he will be back in the Q because as the season starts the competition will be much harder than in the rookie tournament (where he scored the most points in a dominating performance by the Ducks, as if he would be our best prospect).
But damn, I didn`t expect him to be this good already this year. He performed very well in the last years WJCs btw - he can be the team leader for Canada this year as he`ll be still young enough to play.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
He's earned a spot on the roster to open the season. I don't think, however, that the Ducks will want to burn a year of his ELC unless he really outperforms expectations. My guess is he is back in the Q by early November. And that would be the right move for his development.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Kase is out now too, Comtois will be getting more than a 9 game stint I imagine + he's decent. Always exceeding expectations.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He's earned a spot on the roster to open the season. I don't think, however, that the Ducks will want to burn a year of his ELC unless he really outperforms expectations. My guess is he is back in the Q by early November. And that would be the right move for his development.
That`s what most Ducks fans expect anyway but now with another injury (Kase) I dunno man.
But it will all depend on how he plays - we`ll see, starting already tonight. Hockey`s here, cheers everybody!

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I think his junior days are behind him. He looked solid in every game that he played and has a good frame and size for the game.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I wanted to the Sens to take him late in the 1st where they took Bowers. Would have been great to have him and Formenton,

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I don't think he stays long this year, although playing good, another year of development will do him good.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I think he stays long with his talent and size......and an injured Ducks team.
He only made the team cause of the injuries. When some come back before his 9 games are up, he’s one of the first ones gone unless he shows a higher level of skating that I haven’t seen from him yet.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
He only made the team cause of the injuries. When some come back before his 9 games are up, he’s one of the first ones gone unless he shows a higher level of skating that I haven’t seen from him yet.

So it had nothing with him having a decent pre season? :dunno:

Reactions: Exit Dose

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
So it had nothing with him having a decent pre season? :dunno:

To be fair, we're missing Perry, Kase, Eaves, Ritchie, and Gibbons from our wings right now. He still may have made it since imo he outplayed Terry, but injuries are absolutely a factor here.

I still think he's down after 9 games unless he really shines.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
You can’t tell me he would be on that team if even just Kesler, Perry and Kase were healthy

He might have gotten a 9 game look with those players in the lineup. Comtois is a LW while Kesler is a C and Perry and Kase are RW. It is a lot more uncertain he would have be there, but not completely out of the question. If Kesler were healthy, Steel and Lundestrom would likely be gone and Perry and Kase healthy would mean Sherwood gone and maybe Terry in the minors for the 9 games that Comtois played. Now if it was Perry/Eaves, Kase, and Ritchie with the team, that makes it a lot more crowded for him. Either way, he deserves at least a short look on the pro team.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
That is absolutely not true. His play in the preseason would have got him that. The person that may be true for is Lundestrom.

Reactions: bags07

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah bud, I'm sure you watched the Ducks' preseason with meticulous interest.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
My whole point is just that I think he gets 9 and goes down once injuries diminish and the shelves get restocked. I love Comtois, his skill is undeniable.
If he is good enough to play in the NHL and makes the team better, then there are players that can be shed to make room.

Reactions: lakai17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad