LW Landon Hafele - Dallas Stars Elite, T1EHL (2026 Draft)

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
As the 2007 USA crop is coming into focus, thought the plaudits Hafele is receiving at the USNTDP eval camp deserved some attention as he’s a rapidly rising player. Alaskan kid who played this year on a loaded Dallas Stars Elite U16 squad featuring Cullen Potter. He’s also a Spokane Chiefs draft pick.

Both Puck Preps and Neutral Zone have been raving about his play as one of the best players in camp. He’s probably not in the Potter/Mooney/Murtagh/Fondrk level of pure talent for the 07’s right now but his size and tools (specifically his shot) and voracious work rate give him and incredibly projectable ceiling and he’s a late birthdate so not draft eligible till 2026.

I think he’s one to watch as a sleeper from the 07 USA group and as @GermanSpitfire would say, it’ll be interesting to track his progress moving forward! Also love when we get a good prospect out of Alaska!

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Skating, motor, physicality, defense. That's his game. Can chip in a few points, but he's a defensive minded player. Likely bottom 6 or bust. I think he probably gets drafted, but I'm not expecting anything too high. Anyone remember Trevor Janicke? That's my comparison for Hafele.

All the way in on the Alaska component to this. Him and Mac Swanson hopefully can join Swayman in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad