LW Julius Miettinen - Everett Silvertips, WHL (2024, 40th, SEA)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Big, strong, good skater, great at face-offs, NHL teams like those types.

19 points, +10, 36 sog, in his last 8 games
in his last 5 games, 47/70 at face-offs (67%)

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Hey Canadian WHL fans.
How Everett Silvertips is supposed to go and play in WHL playoffs?

Just asking to get know is there any chance to get Miettinen U18 WJC's in Espoo later this month.
If we ( Finland ) wanna win a medal we have to get most if not all our top 2006 born players
into team because our 2007 age group is not that good.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Hey Canadian WHL fans.
How Everett Silvertips is supposed to go and play in WHL playoffs?

Just asking to get know is there any chance to get Miettinen U18 WJC's in Espoo later this month.
If we ( Finland ) wanna win a medal we have to get most if not all our top 2006 born players
into team because our 2007 age group is not that good.
should beat Vancouver in round 1 but in tough round 2 vs Portland, probably lose but might win

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
There’s a few players who are starting to get a lot of noise, as draft season has arrived. Mietinnen started his first year in NA slowly, but he adjusted pretty quickly and just got better and better as the year went on.

Most would have him mocked 45-60 but hearing he’s starting to fall into the 20-35 range for more than just a couple of teams. It would’ve been nice to have seen him playing for Finland at the U18s but with the WHL playoffs where they were as they finalized the team, it just wasn’t in the cards.

Nobody should be surprised however, if his name is called somewhere around 25OA let’s say. 6’3” pivots with pretty heavy upside aren’t laying around in this draft. If a team thinks he translates to C at the next level, think we can guarantee he goes in the 1st Rd. If they only think he’ll be a LW, which he’s played a lot this season, maybe he still goes around 45-50. I’ve heard teams think he’ll be playing C next season in Everett, so we’ll see.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
There’s a few players who are starting to get a lot of noise, as draft season has arrived. Mietinnen started his first year in NA slowly, but he adjusted pretty quickly and just got better and better as the year went on.

Most would have him mocked 45-60 but hearing he’s starting to fall into the 20-35 range for more than just a couple of teams. It would’ve been nice to have seen him playing for Finland at the U18s but with the WHL playoffs where they were as they finalized the team, it just wasn’t in the cards.

Nobody should be surprised however, if his name is called somewhere around 25OA let’s say. 6’3” pivots with pretty heavy upside aren’t laying around in this draft. If a team thinks he translates to C at the next level, think we can guarantee he goes in the 1st Rd. If they only think he’ll be a LW, which he’s played a lot this season, maybe he still goes around 45-50. I’ve heard teams think he’ll be playing C next season in Everett, so we’ll see.
He already played C this season. He was a full time center.

He’s 19th on my list.

He’s a monster in front of the net. Tomas Holmstrom vibes.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Yup he's been a big riser for me and still has some untapped potential offensively. Hopefully goes back to the WHL next year to focus on his offense vs playing pro whether it's Europe or AHL. Physically is ready though.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Yup he's been a big riser for me and still has some untapped potential offensively. Hopefully goes back to the WHL next year to focus on his offense vs playing pro whether it's Europe or AHL. Physically is ready though.
I think Tarin Smith is a big time breakout candidate for next season in the Dub. He missed all of last year with a shoulder injury so this was basically his rookie season. The growth in his game was pretty incredible. As he adds some strength to his frame, I think he’s going to become a problem for the WHL. Between Miettinen and Smith, both essentially rookies this past season, think Everett could have another good year if they can replace some of the players likely to graduate.

I’m an Utah fan so I don’t have much hope for Miettinen falling to 38th. But I’ve got a big red circle around Smith’s name for that spot.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
I think Tarin Smith is a big time breakout candidate for next season in the Dub. He missed all of last year with a shoulder injury so this was basically his rookie season. The growth in his game was pretty incredible. As he adds some strength to his frame, I think he’s going to become a problem for the WHL. Between Miettinen and Smith, both essentially rookies this past season, think Everett could have another good year if they can replace some of the players likely to graduate.

I’m an Utah fan so I don’t have much hope for Miettinen falling to 38th. But I’ve got a big red circle around Smith’s name for that spot.
Oh Everett and Medicine Hat are going to be the powerhouses of the WHL for the next 3 or more years with what they have. Everett has a good young core and will be adding Dupont to it plus most likely 2 more top 3 picks from the Zellweger trade. I've been watching Tarin for a long time and was unfortunate he dealt with injuries last year but had a unreal year this year with the growth and confidence over the year. Unreal skater with size and bite, should go 2nd round and has the makings of a NHLer.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Love his game.

Because he’s always going to the net. Always in the right spot to tip pucks and grab rebounds. A complete nuisance for the opposition. Aways takes away the goalies eyes. Gets the other team off their game. Never stops battling. Always in the hard areas.
Sounds a bit like Homer back in the days? In a good way. Finland could need such a player.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Oh Everett and Medicine Hat are going to be the powerhouses of the WHL for the next 3 or more years with what they have. Everett has a good young core and will be adding Dupont to it plus most likely 2 more top 3 picks from the Zellweger trade. I've been watching Tarin for a long time and was unfortunate he dealt with injuries last year but had an unreal year this year with the growth and confidence over the year. Unreal skater with size and bite, should go 2nd round and has the makings of a NHLer.
I’ve got Smith late 1st on my list. kind Of a hot take. I know.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I agree with you guys here. Miettinen is a mid 1st rounder in my book despite only Craig Button listing him in that area. I wouldn't even be surprised if he actually ends up going there. Big smooth skating Centers tend to go earlier than anticipated.

I like forwards who are both smart and high energy. I identified four of them in this year's draft. Julius Miettinen, Marek Vanacker, Simon Zether and to a certain degree Miguel Marques as well. Love the way those kids play with such high intensity shift after shift all season long, at times even through injuries. They're also visibly better than anybody else at anticipating plays both with and without possession. Something that is very difficult to learn or teach.

Last edited:

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Seems to be dropping on many lists, even late 2nd rnd. Perfectly fine by me, he's in my list of hopefuls for the Van pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad