LW Jan Mysak - Hamilton Bulldogs, OHL (2020, 48th, MTL, traded to ANA)

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
I feel strongly about Mysak being a top 10 prospect in this upcoming draft. Going over to Hamilton is the best thing he could do for his stock and he's seizing the opportunity.
I don't think so. He will be early 2nd rounder, not that impressive.

singlesliceofcheese

May 9, 2018
Nah, I think he'll squeeze into the latter portion of the first round. If he was still playing in Czechia, then maybe, but now that he's come over to NA and has proven to be a decent scorer, I doubt he'll drop passed it.

PuckProspects

Jul 23, 2018

It's going to be interesting to see where he ends up going in the draft. I've seen top 15 and 2nd round. I'm thinking between 20-31

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
This is someone I want Ottawa to take a swing at with the NYI 1st. Should get 2 pretty safe picks in the top 6, might as well swing for the fences with the other 1st. Jan Mysak could be a home run.

Reactions: Plekatorz

Alex Taxman

FSHockey
Jul 11, 2019
www.futurescopehockey.com
Thanks for the mark up. You are obviously very high on him. What would you say is part of his game that may have trouble translating to the nhl?
The picture you painted made it confusing when you compared him to Ryan Kesler. Is he a tough as nails type player?

There's really no glaring holes, I guess I can say he's probably not going to be a high level playmaker in the NHL. The Ryan Kesler comparison comes from the speed/stride, tendencies with the puck, and the ability to be a top penalty killer while scoring 60+ points. He's definitely not going to fight you for looking at him the wrong way if that's what you're asking.

Reactions: nally

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Would it be correct to say that he is good defensively in the open ice and neutral zone, not so much along the boards? Intriguing prospect. If he can play C in the NHL then he should be picked in the top 20 at least.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Drafted 20th overall by the Hamilton Bulldogs in the 2019 CHL Import Draft, Jan Mysak opted to remain in the Czech Republic to start the season. He played in 26 games with HC Litvinov in the top Czech men’s league. Mysak put up five goals and four assists for nine points in the Extraliga. It is difficult for young players to get opportunities and produce in a men’s league. Those nine points were the most by any under-20-year-old in the Czech league this season. The 17-year-old forward also made the Czech team for the World Juniors. He scored one goal and one assist in five games at the tournament.

Following the World Juniors, Mysak made his way to North America, joining the OHL’s Bulldogs. After settling in with his new club, he put up 15 goals and 10 assists for 25 points in 22 games before the league was shut down due to Covid-19. Last season, Mysak scored three points in five games at the 2019 IIHF Under-18 World Championships. He also added two points at the Under-17 World Hockey Challenge. Mysak scored two goals in four games at this summer’s Hlinka-Gretzky Cup.

Jan Mysak Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #30 - Last Word on Hockey

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I wonder if he goes back to the Czech Republic or stays playing in the OHL.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Interesting that Central Scouting had him at 28th in the final rankings. Would put him somewhere in early to middle second round.

Wonder if that had been the case had he stayed in Europe? Was ninth amongst European skaters in the mid-term rankings.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Interesting that Central Scouting had him at 28th in the final rankings. Would put him somewhere in early to middle second round.

Wonder if that had been the case had he stayed in Europe? Was ninth amongst European skaters in the mid-term rankings.
Mysak was pretty underrated from the start. I would have had him as a top 5 Euro, even at the mid-season mark.

McGilliScout

Apr 12, 2020
Mysak was pretty underrated from the start. I would have had him as a top 5 Euro, even at the mid-season mark.

I have Raymond, Stutzle, Gunler, Holtz, Askarov, Lundell and Amirov ahead of Mysak but all have legitimate arguments as top 15 picks. This kid is good.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017

One of those things like how Pasternak slipped through. 2 different sets of eyes, not enough views, no crosschecker.

A 1st round matchup against Ottawa would’ve lit his rocket.

Reactions: themelkman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad