LW Florian Xhekaj - Hamilton Bulldogs, OHL (2023, 101st, MTL)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Brother of Montreal Canadiens undrafted free agent Arber Xhekaj - I would describe him as more of a power forward. Like his brother he went undrafted in the OHL draft, both the Priority Selection and also the U18 draft. He also went unselected in his first year of NHL draft eligiblity, unsurprisingly given he was playing junior B.

Like his brother he can be known to be a bit of a dirty player, he definitely plays on the line. He gives it his all every shift. High IQ kid.
He’ll need a lot to go right to make the NHL like Arber but his brother has definitely laid a path in front of him with his play.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Brother of Montreal Canadiens undrafted free agent Arber Xhekaj - I would describe him as more of a power forward. Like his brother he went undrafted in the OHL draft, both the Priority Selection and also the U18 draft. He also went unselected in his first year of NHL draft eligiblity, unsurprisingly given he was playing junior B.

Like his brother he can be known to be a bit of a dirty player, he definitely plays on the line. He gives it his all every shift. High IQ kid.
He’ll need a lot to go right to make the NHL like Arber but his brother has definitely laid a path in front of him with his play.
How’s his skating?

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Any update on this guy? Anyone see him play got an opinion?
Yes, saw several Bulldogs games this year. Florian isn’t quite as big as Arber, but he’s got skill, skates well and hits a tonne and often. I hope my Flyers draft him, it looks he’s going to play in the NHL.

Reactions: Kegs and Mrfenn92

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I watched him play numerous times this past season with Hamilton. He has size and toughness and hits. I haven’t seen him fight but if he is anything like his brother I have to assume he can throw them. He has some skill too but not a huge amount. I remember watching two of his goals this year and both were by the net scoring garbage goals. Yes that is a skill in my mind because the majority of goals in the NHL are still garbage goals where someone went to the net.

I think that he has limited NHL upside but can project as a 4th liner. With his brother being a late bloomer I’m sure teams will look at that and hope that he will follow in Arber’s footsteps.

I can see a team picking him in the 3rd or 4th round.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Why not wait for the 7th round to make a legacy pick?

Maybe this post will look dumb in a few years, but the guy is 19 and couldnt produce in the OHL

Reactions: Szechwan

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Why not wait for the 7th round to make a legacy pick?

Maybe this post will look dumb in a few years, but the guy is 19 and couldnt produce in the OHL
Just because people on hf think a player will be there in the 7th doesn't mean they will be.

Arber drafted by anyone when he was 19 would have had the fan base crying that it was a terrible pick.

Even though he was 18/19 it was his first year in the OHL.

The probability of drafting an NHL who plays 100 games at this point is low.

Reactions: Nevins and viceroy

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Just because people on hf think a player will be there in the 7th doesn't mean they will be.

Arber drafted by anyone when he was 19 would have had the fan base crying that it was a terrible pick.

Even though he was 18/19 it was his first year in the OHL.

The probability of drafting an NHL who plays 100 games at this point is low.

Like I said, my post might look dumb in the future. Its also a 4th, so its not like that pick is an expected contributor.

But, it just smells of nepotism and I have a hard time believing that he was high on any non mtl list.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
now 6'4 and a late bloomer like his brother. his junior coach already stating his skating and hands are better. "He looks like a complete different player on the ice"
This could end up being a good pick

Reactions: Sagikev and viceroy

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
now 6'4 and a late bloomer like his brother. his junior coach already stating his skating and hands are better. "He looks like a complete different player on the ice"
This could end up being a good pick
His older brother is 6'4 235 lbs. If he ends up filling up like him and making it to the NHL on the Habs bottom 6, that duo could end up being terrifying.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3