LW Cole Eiserman - USNTDP U18 (2024, 20th, NYI)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Such an opportunity, completely whiffed on.

The fall is not surprising but is still stupid. The lack of progression rightfully knocked him out of the top-10 but someone is getting ridiculous value now.

Absolutely. He is arguably the best shooter/scorer in the draft. Some team is going to be absolutely delighted to get him this late.

Reactions: Dominance

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
Absolutely. He is arguably the best shooter/scorer in the draft. Some team is going to be absolutely delighted to get him this late.
We are quite delighted. Totally against type for Lou, but exactly what we need (well, we need everything prospect wise, but a pure goal scorer is definitely high on the list).

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
So it’s another Bellows/Wahlstrom 2.0. Here we go again.

Maybe. It really depends on Eiserman's ability to develop a backup game and work on his deficiencies because he's about as useless as a pecker on the pope when he's not getting any points.

He's got talent but right now is too much of a one-touch player. I don't think he'll be an outright bust like Bellows and I think his shot is more elite than Wahlstrom. He's got a good knack for getting into scoring position as well.

If he can get with someone that's a pure playmaker and puck transporter then there's a chance he puts up numbers.

Reactions: CanuckCity

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Please tell me his knock isn’t his skating. We’ve already seen Bellows and Wahlstrom with “nhl ready shots” yet they can’t skate.
Wahlstrom’s problem is not his skating. Bellows on the other hand skates like he’s pinching a loaf.

So h
Maybe. It really depends on Eiserman's ability to develop a backup game and work on his deficiencies because he's about as useless as a pecker on the pope when he's not getting any points.

He's got talent but right now is too much of a one-touch player. I don't think he'll be an outright bust like Bellows and I think his shot is more elite than Wahlstrom. He's got a good knack for getting into scoring position as well.

If he can get with someone that's a pure playmaker and puck transporter then there's a chance he puts up numbers.
So his floor is Brandon Pirri? :sarcasm:

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014

The issue I have is all the issues with his laziness away from the puck. That doesn’t work in the NHL and guys fizzle out fast that way. We saw that with Wahlstrom even if a few people think he can figure it out finally (he can’t but still). Let him develop for 4 years in BU and figure out how to play away from the puck if he can score at will.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Wahlstrom’s problem is not his skating. Bellows on the other hand skates like he’s pinching a loaf.
Besides his inability to process the game at the NHL level, his skating is nowhere near it either. Just watch Wally’s edge work. It’s like he’s stuck in tracks.

Reactions: Taswell

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Glad he didn't go to SJ, obviously not surprised he dropped given the noise on this thread, but the upside value at 20 is huge for the Islanders if he can figure it out. Best of luck to him at BU.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
From eliteprospects.com. It's clear that he's very highly regarded. Look at these rankings.

05ac5c2c-0efe-4480-a409-59c7d0cc121c-1_all_25364.png

Attachments

• 1000005861.png
    1000005861.png
    352.6 KB · Views: 1

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Please tell me his knock isn’t his skating. We’ve already seen Bellows and Wahlstrom with “nhl ready shots” yet they can’t skate.
His skating looks better than either of those guys. Here is a good breakdown of his skill set.

I like the pick from where the Isles picked. The risk to reward ratio makes this a very good pick. It's hard to find natural goal scorers in this league, to potentially get an elite one if he pans out makes this pick hard to be critical of.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
His skating looks better than either of those guys. Here is a good breakdown of his skill set.

I like the pick from where the Isles picked. The risk to reward ratio makes this a very good pick. It's hard to find natural goal scorers in this league, to potentially get an elite one if he pans out makes this pick hard to be critical of.

It’s a high risk/reward based on how he dropped in the draft like you said. The guy I personally wanted went well ahead (Buium) of the Islanders spot at 20. What they need to do is let him develop instead of what they did with the last 2 “snipers” drafted. The NHL comparison to Wahlstrom is what scares. Wahlstrom is absolutely lost out there and has borderline sluggish speed.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
It’s a high risk/reward based on how he dropped in the draft like you said. The guy I personally wanted went well ahead (Buium) of the Islanders spot at 20. What they need to do is let him develop instead of what they did with the last 2 “snipers” drafted. The NHL comparison to Wahlstrom is what scares. Wahlstrom is absolutely lost out there and has borderline sluggish speed.
Islanders have had a fair bit luck with 1st rd droppers. Hopefully he is more like a Barzal or Dobson, and less like a Wahlstrom.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Islanders have had a fair bit luck with 1st rd droppers. Hopefully he is more like a Barzal or Dobson, and less like a Wahlstrom.
If Devils (and Islanders) legend Jay Pandolfo can teach him how to play away from the puck, he’ll be just fine. If not, it’s another repeat of a bust of a pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad