LW Colby Barlow - Owen Sound Attack, OHL (2023, 18th, WPG)

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
I just read an article on Colby Barlow of the minor bantam AAA Toronto Marlies scored 22 goals in 7 games at the Chicago tournament. My wife used to work with his dad and he has a pretty unique story.

Do you have a link?

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Update on the kid, he was drafted 8th overall in the 2021 OHL draft by the Owen Sound Attack.
He has played primarily centre through his youth and has been getting reps at wing in the OHL so far.
He is eligible for the 2023 NHL draft and is pacing similarly to Mason McTavish in his first OHL season so far. 11 goals and 3 assists for 14 points.

Should definitely be in consideration as a first rounder if he continues to progress like he has.

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
Update on the kid, he was drafted 8th overall in the 2021 OHL draft by the Owen Sound Attack.
He has played primarily centre through his youth and has been getting reps at wing in the OHL so far.
He is eligible for the 2023 NHL draft and is pacing similarly to Mason McTavish in his first OHL season so far. 11 goals and 3 assists for 14 points.

Should definitely be in consideration as a first rounder if he continues to progress like he has.

Now up to 19 goals and 26 points, top rookie goal scorer in the OHL, he is pacing close to McTavish's numbers.

Reactions: hn777 and Dominance

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
McTavish had a far better supporting cast than Barlow does this season too. From the Owen Sound games that I have watched this season, Barlow has been the only player that has stood out for me.

Perhaps, he's playing with Cedric Guindon and Servac Petrovsky now, who are 5th and 8th in rookie scoring, but you are right in the extent that the Attack are not 'going for it' like Peterborough was, so the talent is a year behind where they are.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
A goal versus Windsor half way thru the game for the 17 year old.

GPGAPTS+/-PIMPPGSHGSOGFOW

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
27 goals already. Keep an eye on him I think he will be a top 10-15 prospect in next year’s draft. He will score 50 next year playing with Guindon and Petrovsky.

Reactions: hn777 and Dominance

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Now by some measure the best U17 scorer in the OHL. So much to like about his game. Great shot, hockey IQ, already blessed with a pro frame. Has been absolutely electric the last few weeks with 14 points in his last 10 games. Only reason for the lack of discussion at the moment is he plays for the Attack.

JMac13

Jan 10, 2011
Funny that this guy is gonna be picked in the 20s.. likely goes top 10 in 2022.
The Hlinka has been my first serious viewings of him and wow am I ever impressed. If he continues what he's doing now to a full season in the OHL I think he's got a really good shot at scoring 50 goals. I know there are a ton of good players available this year but if he does that I wouldn't be shocked if he cracks the top 10. He has everything you want - size, skating, hands, vision, defensive awareness, etc.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
The Hlinka has been my first serious viewings of him and wow am I ever impressed. If he continues what he's doing now to a full season in the OHL I think he's got a really good shot at scoring 50 goals. I know there are a ton of good players available this year but if he does that I wouldn't be shocked if he cracks the top 10. He has everything you want - size, skating, hands, vision, defensive awareness, etc.
Barlow has all the tools to be an impact player at the next level. Some team will become enamoured with his package of skills and professional approach and take him much higher than is expected. And they will be rewarded for their prescience.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He looks like a tremendous athlete. 6'0 and nearly 200 pounds already. Incredibly powerful and a great skater. Has some skill and physicality too. Looked like a complimentary player to me though on that Hlinka team. He wasn't creating much offense. A lot of his offense came off the rush or due to the plays his teammates were making.

bootzycollins

Feb 18, 2022
Barlow is one of the kids I'll have my eye on closely this year. Physically, just so much more mature than most of his competition - a lock to pile up goals and go top 10 in this year's draft.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
1665813799871.png

Also, his look for this season, the dude award goes to..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad