LW Aydar Suniev - UMass, NCAA (2023, 80th, CGY)

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
2G, 1A tonight. Hit the 40th goal mark. Crazy to think that the Vees have 3 40 goal scorers on their team. Also, I've seen some reports about his "feet" or skating. These are coming people that have CLEARLY never watched him.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Around where is he supposed to be drafted? Start of 2nd round or a little later?

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Cautious with the BCHL nowadays, its getting weaker and weaker. The CJHL in general is losing a ton to US junior hockey.

That being said he’s still likely a late 2nd/3rd rounder

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I get this but it almost never works out in the end and I'm a huge Bobby Clarke and Reggie Leach fan..
Highly improbable but it would Be cool. For me mostly because I’m really high on both. Would be ecstatic if my isles landed both. Won’t be easy with lack of pucks plus pick placement.

I think Suniev is going to be or rather has the potential to be a lot better than people expect.

Reactions: Bubbles

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Someone is getting a steal with Suniev. Should be in the first half of Round 2.

This kid is going to be a really good college player. He has everything you look for in a prospect you can develop. In fact, he may slide right into the NHL after 2 years in college.

He uses his size, he creates in traffic, he finds the seams in transition, and he has nice hands. A Russian in the BCHL is a little strange, but he’s come a long way the last couple of years. There’s a lot to like with this kid and nothing says he won’t over perform many wingers who went in the first round. It’s going to be adjusting to the speed and strength at higher levels.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Upside a big fan of this pick!

Gotta disagree with the speed assessment here. I've watched him all season and just in this thread I've posed highlights where he blows past entire teams.

Also disagree with the writeup as he played the majority of the season on the 2nd line where he WAS the play driver. He only played with the Nadeau brothers on the PP and he deferred to them on the PP.

Reactions: UpsideHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad