LW Alexander Suzdalev - Saskatoon Blades, WHL (2022, 70th, WSH)

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
He leads all WHL rookies in scoring by 18 points and is 5th overall in league scoring. Not too bad.
He plays with Bedard.

Do you remember Dany Roussin and Marc-Antoine Pouliot? I'll let you google them. ;)

Maybe he'll be a DeBrincat case, but I doubt it.

I'll take his current stats with a grain of salt, let's see how he does next year.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
He plays with Bedard.

Do you remember Dany Roussin and Marc-Antoine Pouliot? I'll let you google them. ;)

Maybe he'll be a DeBrincat case, but I doubt it.

I'll take his current stats with a grain of salt, let's see how he does next year.
Are you a Pats fan? Genuine question, not trying to be snarky. From what I have been reading and following he’s played with Bedard some but is mostly on their second line without him. It’s harder to follow ice time in the WHL so I’m actually curious if you are a fan and get to watch them consistently. Most of the lines up for their games, at least recently, haven’t had him with Bedard except for on the PP.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Are you a Pats fan? Genuine question, not trying to be snarky. From what I have been reading and following he’s played with Bedard some but is mostly on their second line without him. It’s harder to follow ice time in the WHL so I’m actually curious if you are a fan and get to watch them consistently. Most of the lines up for their games, at least recently, haven’t had him with Bedard except for on the PP.

Nope, I'm not a Pats fan!

I'd like to know then what is the % of his point production that is on the PP vs ES on the games where Bedard was not on his line? Do you have that info?

Not sure if it can be find somewhere.

Last edited:

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
He was on Bedard's line at the beginning of the season. After the WJC, he's been mostly on the 2nd line. Paddock wants to spread the offense around a bit because the Pats are pretty terrible. Suz is still on the 1st unit PP that gets almost the full 2 minutes.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Was there an injury involved or other factors as to why he didn't play for Hershey or Sweden's U20 team?

He seems to be fitting in well with Saskatoon.

He didn't play for Sweden's U20 team because of not playing any games and then when he finally did he wasn't playing up to the standard set by (most) forwards that made the team.

And AFAIK Hershey simply chose to not play him and the Caps handled that not very well. Kind of like Devils with Holtz at times.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
He didn't play for Sweden's U20 team because of not playing any games and then when he finally did he wasn't playing up to the standard set by (most) forwards that made the team.

And AFAIK Hershey simply chose to not play him and the Caps handled that not very well. Kind of like Devils with Holtz at times.

Thanks for the insight. It will be interesting to see where things go from here; including with the 2025 WJCs.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Was there an injury involved or other factors as to why he didn't play for Hershey or Sweden's U20 team?

He seems to be fitting in well with Saskatoon.

Washington thought he wouldn’t benefit from going back to Regina again and they planned on him playing in Hershey but Hershey signed a bunch of players and he got squeezed in a numbers game. Eventually they decided him practicing with Hershey but not getting games wasn’t ideal so they shipped him to Sweden but he had trouble it seems like acclimating to the team mid-season.

He had five points in his first two games for the Blades so it seems the adjustment back to the WHL is going well. He should have been in Regina the whole time.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Washington thought he wouldn’t benefit from going back to Regina again and they planned on him playing in Hershey but Hershey signed a bunch of players and he got squeezed in a numbers game. Eventually they decided him practicing with Hershey but not getting games wasn’t ideal so they shipped him to Sweden but he had trouble it seems like acclimating to the team mid-season.

He had five points in his first two games for the Blades so it seems the adjustment back to the WHL is going well. He should have been in Regina the whole time.
It's been 23 games now.

I don't feel he's been a great fit for the Blades. He's a good depth option and he's not a liability, he just feels like a solid player.

I don't feel he has a high ceiling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad