LW Alexander Perevalov - Avangard Omsk, KHL (2022, 71st, CAR)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
This kid doesn't have any weakness. Won't be surprised, if he turns out to be everything people think about Miroshnichenko.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
They won't go top10 I think. While I don't know much about other nations' prospects, I doubt the draft would feature no other top talents.

Between Yurov and Miroshnichenko I am in the Yurov camp. It think he is just a little more skilled and thinks the game a little better. You notice the "a little". That is why I totally get the people who like Miroshnichenko more. They are a little bit different in style, but there is no huge gap between the two. Miroshnichenko is often compared to Kovalchuk. And I think it is a good one comparison. Perevalov is clearly the third in the group. Not by a huge margin, but my guess is he might end up a late first, early second round pick.

Who do Yurov and Perevalov compare to?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Who do Yurov and Perevalov compare to?
Yurov is a very versatile big winger. High IQ player with no apparent weakness. He might be not the fastest, not have the best shot ever, but he is good at everything and thinks the game very well so he would drive a line every time I see him play.

The "problem" I see with Perevalov is his weight. He is a monster for a 17 year old winger. He is an inch shorter than Yurov, but has 12 pounds more to push his peers around. Makes me think his numbers are still impressive, but might be inflated a bit while he is pushing 160-170lbs kids around in a junior league.

Also not to forget that FWIW Yurov just easily had 2PPG in the same league in 6GP when sent to the MHL, while Perevalov sits at 1.38 at this point. He is still easily the top 17 year old among league regulars, but Russia's top guys all already play a level or two above.

Yurov I would flatteringly compare to Kucherov. It does not mean he will reach Kuch's level. That is his utter ceiling probably. But his ability to read the play and do everything well is what brings me to this comparison.

Perevalov is more of a physical skill guy. Fast, great shot, goalscorer instinct. It might again come off strange, but I'd say Afinogenov is a comparable.

That said, I'd like to see some from Perevalov against men before a real verdict. I know it's his draft year, but I would want to evaluate him after half the next season.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Alexander Perevalov started his draft season helping Russia to a gold medal at the Hlinka-Gretzky Cup. He put up three goals and two assists for five points in the five-game tournament. He is playing in the Lokomotiv Yaroslavl system. Perevalov’s contract runs through the end of the 2023-24 season. He spent most of this past season in the MHL, Russia’s under-20 league. He scored 25 goals and 25 assists for 50 points in 42 games. Perevalov added three goals and an assist for four points in nine playoff games. He also earned a callup to the KHL. As a young player Perevalov didn’t get a lot of ice time though. He was held scoreless in five KHL games.

Reactions: Bridgeburner96

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Arguably even more importantly, he is playing himself into a legit top-6 forward for Kunlun, his TOI rose with every game so far and he was penciled on the 1st line today (in theory, at least). And he was on the ice with 1 minute left to play and the team down a goal.

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
After an impressive start he lost a proper roster role at Kunlun, so Lokomotiv are recalling him from the loan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad