Lupul vs Subban

The Spaniard

Nov 3, 2010
Madrid
subbanlupul-o.gif
I have never seen a guy trying to take off his helmet while skating towards his opponent:laugh:

Lupul was obviously asking Subban to help him take off his helmet.
Instead of helping Lupul, Subban suckerpunched him !

Classless. :rolleyes:

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Can't really blame Subban given how close Lupul got to him. You acknowledge a fight and your adrenaline starts pumping, so didn't help Lupul when he started getting as close as he did - reactionary on Subbans part.

Only explanation, as a viewer, I can give to Lupul getting that close without throwing a punch is that he probably lost sight of Subban in the process of taking off his helmet. Likely didn't know he was as close as he was, which probably stunned him a bit when Subban started throwing them. Reason being there really is no advantage for Lupul in such a case if he was trying to do that on purpose .. unless he was planning on hitting him with his helmet. Doing that puts you in more of a disadvantage if anything. He likely thought they were going to swing stances and square off, but Subban didn't shift. Lupul should have just stood where he was when he dropped his mitts to take his bucket off instead of skating and doing it.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Impartial viewer here...Looked like they were both going to take off their helmets, and Lupul pivots and basically strides right towards Subban, so obviously he is going to start throwing if the guy is getting right in his face...I dont think he did anything wrong at all

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
Subban had a very similiar move against Bogosian.

Somebody, (hopefully Lucic) is going to get ahole of him one day and not let go.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Subban had a very similiar move against Bogosian.

Somebody, (hopefully Lucic) is going to get ahole of him one day and not let go.

Why is that...what has he done wrong? What does he do that he deserve's more than other players around the league like Lucic for example who continues to sucker punch people and back down from actual enforces only to fight people below his weight class?

What about Cooke, Avery, Burrows, Kaleta, Lapierre, these guys haven't gotten yet, so why should we expect PK to? Why does PK's name get thrown around in these kind of sentiments more than aforementioned players?

I find extemely fishy that he gets this much attention and bashing when there are many other players who are as dirty if not dirtier and have been doing it for much longer.

Another comparable to P.K is Marchand who continues to run his mouth on the ice delivering questionable hits, but yet hasn't defended himself...why is Marchand so low key?

This whole P.K situation is too fishy for it just to be about his on ice-play.

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
Cooke.Avery pick spots because they are dirty and malicious.

Subban picks his spots because he is scared.

Last edited:

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
It was acknowledged that they were about to start chucking fists, that was obvious enough for both players. Why then, would Lupul skate that close to him before his own helmet was off? Or why would he expect getting that close to subban before he himself was ready to start throwing down was a good idea? Sure, subban might have jumped the gun a bit, but given the situation, I'll take anxious over stupid any day of the week.

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
And what spot did Subban pick when fighting Lupul? Jealousy makes people turn into idiots! :laugh:

Lupul asks him to take of his bucket. Subban motions as if he agrees and then starts throwing punches. Subban knew what he was doing.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Cooke.Avery pick spots because they are dirty and malicious.

Subban picks his spots because he is scared.

So that is why he warrants more hate then the others? So the others are dirty and malicious and P.K Subban is worse because he picks his spots? You mean how Lucic picks his spots in refusing to fight Laraque and Moen, but going after other habs player who refuse to fight? Or sucker punching Kostitsyn after giving him a clean hit? Or when he sucker punched an Atlanta player because Lucic got his clock cleaned?

Was the difference between Marchand and Subban? Both are young, talkative and do questionable players. Why does Marchand get off the hook? Especially when Subban has answered back with 4 fights and Marchand with 0?

What's the difference there? Your response to these issues is vague and unclear. Elaborate on why Subban deserves more hate and scrutiny than the aforementioned players because it is unlear as to why get does he recieve far worse treatment.

There are a few reasons I can give you 1. Jealousy 2. he plays for the habs and 3. we all know why.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
I was reading the Leafs board, and other boards, and there were many people mentioning how he wouldn't fight the Bruin's tough guys, but would fight Lupul.

I don't think I'm the one who needs to learn to read.

PK av, PK signature, as if you're going to say anything bad about him.

I don't care what the Leafs board said, I'm talking about this thread anyways, and what they said in this thread was THAT!

As far as talking and doing shady things and not answering to them, he's walking that Avery territory, very close to being grouped in with him.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

I don't care what the Leafs board said, I'm talking about this thread anyways, and what they said in this thread was THAT!

As far as talking and doing shady things and not answering to them, he's walking that Avery territory, very close to being grouped in with him.

How so? Would you group Marchand in the same category as Avery? Marchand does very similar things on the ice as P.K, but fans are relatively quiet on that front(and yes I watch a lot of Bruins games, Marchand is not very different from P.K in terms of talking and actions).

And if he is only approaching Avery's level, why does he get more scrunity than Avery if he has not yet reached that level? Why more bashing than usual? Why more hate. Like you said, he's very close to being put in that grouping...so why the more hate if he isn't there yet?

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
How so? Would you group Marchand in the same category as Avery? Marchand does very similar things on the ice as P.K, but fans are relatively quiet on that front(and yes I watch a lot of Bruins games, Marchand is not very different from P.K in terms of talking and actions).

And if he is only approaching Avery's level, why does he get more scrunity than Avery if he has not yet reached that level? Why more bashing than usual? Why more hate. Like you said, he's very close to being put in that grouping...so why the more hate if he isn't there yet?

Talking about Marchand, yes I'd put him on the same ledge as PK, one more wrong move and back down and run away to enter that same category.

As far as why PK gets more than anybody else, it's because he's a Montreal Canadian. Not cause he's black, Canadian himself, a defenseman or anything like that. It's just the nature of the business, the Leafs and Habs will always be the most hated. Whether by other fans, or as stupid as it sounds, most hated by their own fans.

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008

Why does it matter where I quote people from, since all it is a bunch of people complaining over nothing.

How come most neutral fans have come to realize that Subban did nothing wrong, and only you Leafs and Bruins fans can't?

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
So that is why he warrants more hate then the others? So the others are dirty and malicious and P.K Subban is worse because he picks his spots? You mean how Lucic picks his spots in refusing to fight Laraque and Moen, but going after other habs player who refuse to fight? Or sucker punching Kostitsyn after giving him a clean hit? Or when he sucker punched an Atlanta player because Lucic got his clock cleaned?

Was the difference between Marchand and Subban? Both are young, talkative and do questionable players. Why does Marchand get off the hook? Especially when Subban has answered back with 4 fights and Marchand with 0?

What's the difference there? Your response to these issues is vague and unclear. Elaborate on why Subban deserves more hate and scrutiny than the aforementioned players because it is unlear as to why get does he recieve far worse treatment.

There are a few reasons I can give you 1. Jealousy 2. he plays for the habs and 3. we all know why.

1. not jealous.

2. yer damn right because he is a hab. I just went to the Knights game and im already getting ready for Tinordi to get his at the NHL level. its a rivalry.

3. i may be a drunk. but im not a red neck hick. race card is a cheap ploy.

4. as for Lucic. Colton Orr took him out, Leafs dont have to worry about him so I cant comment.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
1. not jealous.

2. yer damn right because he is a hab. I just went to the Knights game and im already getting ready for Tinordi to get his at the NHL level. its a rivalry.

3. i may be a drunk. but im not a red neck hick. race card is a cheap ploy.

I didn't say anything about race.

So P.K gets all this hate because he's a hab? Wow real mature people.

I "hate" Lucic because of the rivalry, but I still like the player and don't talk **** about him unless he does something unbelievably stupid like the sucker punch things, which he needs to get rid of, but aside from that I don't troll in every thread about him.

Grow up people and leave Subban alone because it's getting ridiculous now with the hate.

I still haven't been given a proper reason as to why he deserves the amount of hate he's been recieving.

RoyBoyCoy

Habs and Rugby
Feb 17, 2008
Lennoxville, QC
Just another example of people using anything to attack PK Subban. Everybody and their blind cousin can see that BOTH Subban and Lupul were taking off their helmet, but they ended up skating right into each other's face. So instead of taking off his helmet with his opponent 3 inches from his face, Subban starts to throw. And besides, the fight ended in a draw. It's not like his alleged "sucker-punch" KOed Lupul and put him out of the season. It turned out to be a great tilt from both guys.

PK did nothing wrong.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
Why does it matter where I quote people from, since all it is a bunch of people complaining over nothing.

How come most neutral fans have come to realize that Subban did nothing wrong, and only you Leafs and Bruins fans can't?

Not a Bruins fan, not a Leafs fan, you keep insinuating **** when you know nothing about. Why take opinions from other places, when you are in THIS thread, talk about the opinions expressed in THIS thread. I read this thread and comment on the topic and expressed opinions in this thread.

I say the same thing about Cooke, Avery, Ott, Tucker, Marchand, it's just that Subban has the biggest butt kissers I've ever seen, the rest of the fans of other teams, actually acknowledge that "yeah _____ is an a-hole, but I love to have him on my team". That's the main problem I'm found, other fans acknowledge it, but some Habs fans are so blind that Subban can do no wrong. WAKE UP!

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
I didn't say anything about race.

"3. we all know why."

sorry i just assumed. apprently WE ALL don't know why...

So P.K gets all this hate because he's a hab? Wow real mature people.

Yes. and he isnt respectable because of his fighting tactics. I cant comment on what he says on the ice because I cant hear it.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Yes. and he isnt respectable because of his fighting tactics. I cant comment on what he says on the ice because I cant hear it.

Okay then why does he deserve more hate than the other players who do far worse things than he does? Why doesn't Marchand have 20 hate threads?

what about Cooke, Avery, Kaleta, Lapierre, Burrows? Where's their threads of constant bashing? Why does P.K get most of the threads? Why do people look for reasons to hate more in P.K's case the other?

Explain.

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
Not a Bruins fan, not a Leafs fan, you keep insinuating **** when you know nothing about. Why take opinions from other places, when you are in THIS thread, talk about the opinions expressed in THIS thread. I read this thread and comment on the topic and expressed opinions in this thread.

I say the same thing about Cooke, Avery, Ott, Tucker, Marchand, it's just that Subban has the biggest butt kissers I've ever seen, the rest of the fans of other teams, actually acknowledge that "yeah _____ is an a-hole, but I love to have him on my team". That's the main problem I'm found, other fans acknowledge it, but some Habs fans are so blind that Subban can do no wrong. WAKE UP!

Why wouldn't I bring up stuff from other threads? It's all the same fans saying ****. I was saying what I've read.

The fact that you put Subban with guys like Avery, Cooke, Ott is a joke itself. What has he done that wrong? I would love to see them. You mean punching a guy who moved towards him?

I was on the same discussion. Fans said either: He couldn't fight somebody tougher? Or Why did he attack him while he was taking off his helmet.

Both are just dumb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad