Lupul vs Subban

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KingBuzzo

A custom title.
Nov 3, 2010
Toronto
Subban's move was gutless. Maybe now I can understand what Richards was talking about. I always liked Subban, I still think he's a great player. But things like that will not get you far.

malton

Feb 17, 2009
This. Great fight as fights between non-scrappers go. Pretty even but I'd say Subban won, simply because he landed more punches from what I saw. It was close though.

Oh come on. Take the homer glasses off. Nobody in the thread is saying Lupul is a bad fighter or bashing him, give Subban a break. Watch the video. If anything, as they both began to take their helmets off, they skated towards each other. The reaction of both was to stop what they were doing and throw a punch, Subban just happened to get his towards Lupul first. Give it a rest.

This.

The whining in this thread is pretty pathetic. It was a decent tilt with no real bombs landed.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
Subban doesn't fight: What a *****

Subban fights: Fight somebody tougher you *****

Fight somebody tougher? They're saying he shouldn't have jumped when he was taking his helmet off. Jeez, read for once.

PK's a great player, loved watching him in Belleville, but his mouth is writing cheques he can't cash and he is going to get his BIG TIME...and I mean huge, when you have a list of players looking for your head, it's not them, it's you.

malton

Feb 17, 2009
Subban pulls an Avery and tries to jump the guy when he is taking his shield off and still can't land a punch let alone win the fight.

not even close. lupul dropped the gloves first and skated right at subban. to compare him to avery is plain ignorance and foolish on your part.

KristoLeblanc*

Subban will get nothing.

The hate on HF is ridiculous.

They care about him more than his own team. Lupul got his ass handed. End of story.

Analyzer*

It looked like both were going to take their helmets off, then Lupul came in first, but since he couldn't get his helmet off (failed I guess) he tried to back away, but Pk got his off and was ready to go.

wahoowa

All in the Game
Dec 3, 2008
Washington, DC
Subban will get nothing.

The hate on HF is ridiculous.

They care about him more than his own team. Lupul got his ass handed. End of story.

Uh, no. I'd give the edge to Subban but he didn't pummel Lupul or anything. Please.

Subban jumped him early, but I don't think it was anything intentional. He's not too experienced of a fighter so I'd chalk it up to that.

Montreal fans, not everyone hates Subban because they want him on their team. He's a chirper, he's going to get on everyone's nerves as a natural consequence. Certainly a good player but he's got quite the mouth on him.

Good on Lupes to try to establish himself in Toronto. Hope the best to him, seems like a real nice dude.

hotshot26

Aug 2, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
Subban did start throwing before Lupul got his helmet off but why the heck did Joffrey skate right into PK while trying to take off his helmet? Looked like they were both taking them off then Lupul got to close so Subban started throwing. Just an odd beginning to a fight but a great showing from two non-fighters. :yo:

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Lupul tries to be a man and take off his helmet, not only does Subban not take off his helmet too, but actually sucker punches him while Lupul's hands are busy with his helmet. Definitely like Subban's game in terms of actual hockey, but he's a huge pu$$y, runs away from the vast majority of scraps, and leads with sucker punches in the few times he actually throws down. Good fight between two non-fighters after Subban's sucker punch though.

Phousse

Jul 28, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Are you guys just trolling now? The CBC video clearly shows that Subban was going for his strap, but Lupul skated right up to him and so his first reaction was to punch because he didn't know why the hell Lupul would be that close. Hate the guy all you want, but don't just flat-out make stuff up.

Last edited:

hosehead

Mar 17, 2003
toronto
Visit site
You saw wrong...the youtube will prove it once it's up.

Not trying to make a big deal out of it because it was a good scrap. But Lupul got jumped when he was in the process of unsnapping.

Both reached to take of their helmets but watch how Lupul is moving towards Suppan, whats PK supposed to do ? I'd say its Lupul's inexperience as a fighter.. guys always back away when they're trying to get their helmets off.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I don't understand this strange, almost perverted obsession people have with Subban having to fight. He has never been a fighter, at any level. He's not a big guy either. Lupul is in his weight class and on par with his fighting experience. You guys act like he's expected to fight Orr or something.

The worst are Boston fans who expect him to fight Lucic, who has 40 lbs and 4" on him and has been a fighter at every level. It's almost as stupid as when these Bruin fans say Lucic shouldn't fight heavies because apparently a giant who has dozens of career fights is a "middleweight".

flowerpower13*

Looked like Subban hit him when Lupul was in the process of taking his helmet off.

I watched Boston-MTL game and PIT-ISL game and people are actually worrying about a bit of timing taking their helmet off?!!?

Boston players were jumping all MTL players and hitting them while they were down. That, we should be worried about.:shakehead

DaSystem

Dec 7, 2007
Toronto
Ok, let's put it this way. You are about to fight but you are holding a beer can and you want to safely place it on the ground, but you do so by approaching the other guy and leaning down to put the can on the floor, the other guy doesn't know what the **** you are doing and whacks you over the head as a result. Who's the idiot in this situation?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad