Proposal: Lundell for Hayton plus picks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
The Panthers will have some salary problems with trying to keep the team together. What's the chance we can get Lundell from them?
Hayton will resign for 5 per year and Lundell will be 6.5ish. Maybe have to include some picks? Panthers need picks.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I'd imagine if that's the only difference in AAV they'd much rather keep the guy they just won the cup with.

I think you'd have a real hard decision if it were someone that would sign for a very low amount and could conceivably play 3C and that's Lundell's demands.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
The Panthers will have some salary problems with trying to keep the team together. What's the chance we can get Lundell from them?
Hayton will resign for 5 per year and Lundell will be 6.5ish. Maybe have to include some picks? Panthers need picks.
Not sure why you would think that, he can't even go to arbitration.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Was thinking the priority would be Reinhart, Bennett and OEL. I believe Hayton would thrive with the Panthers. He might resign for 4 mill. Hayton, plus a second?

Not sure why you would think that, he can't even go to arbitration.
Just how silly these salaries have been. With the increase in cap salaries will get even more stupid.

• Haha
Reactions: Dog

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Why would Florida ever trade Lundell for Hayton?

Probably more likely they trade Sam Bennett than Lundell...
Trading Sam Bennett would be idiotic. Of course so would trading Lundell. If you need the cap space Knight is a good place to start. Bennett wins you playoff series despite pedestrian regular season stretches.

Reactions: Heldig

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Why would OEL be a priority?
In the playoffs he was the go to Dman. He was on the ice for the end of periods and was on the first power play unit. Odds are Montour replacement

Don't see how they are going to resign Montour as well.edit to change brain fart

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Trading Sam Bennett would be idiotic. Of course so would trading Lundell. If you need the cap space Knight is a good place to start. Bennett wins you playoff series despite pedestrian regular season stretches.

Cats need cap space to re-sign the actual foundational pieces of their line-up. They can succeed without Bennett.

In the playoffs he was the go to Dman. He was on the ice for the end of periods and was on the first power play unit. Odds are Montador replacement:)

Don't see how they are going to resign Montador as well.

Montador has been dead for years.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Lundell is a great player, understand why you wouldnt want to trade him. Just trying to see how the Panthers keep the band together and we get Lundell ;)

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Lundell is type of guy that helps top teams stay top teams
Hayton hasn't shown near as much yet
wishful thinking from Utah fans

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Cats need cap space to re-sign the actual foundational pieces of their line-up. They can succeed without Bennett.

Montador has been dead for years.
I don't think they are the same team without Bennett. Guys like him in a 7 game series win you series. Bennett is a foundational piece of their lineup. Led the playoffs in hits again and his hits aren't bumps, they hurt guys. Scored at a 30 goal pace again in the playoffs. Pins teams in their own end. He's the epitome of a guy you win with in the playoffs. He's every bit as valuable as Tkachuk in the playoffs.

I mean you're a Sabres fan right? The reason you guys haven't seen the dance in 13 years if because you have lots of skill, but no Sam Bennett's. Florida just won a cup with a team whose identity is basically Sam Bennett. Greasy, 2 way, physical and enough offense to get it done.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Hayton was on a 7 goal pace this season. 5 million?
He was injured most of this season. He has been our first line center for the last couple of years. Playing above his head. Would be a good 2 or great 3 center.
Last year he had 19 goals

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I don't think they are the same team without Bennett. Guys like him in a 7 game series win you series. Bennett is a foundational piece of their lineup. Led the playoffs in hits again and his hits aren't bumps, they hurt guys. Scored at a 30 goal pace again in the playoffs. Pins teams in their own end. He's the epitome of a guy you win with in the playoffs. He's every bit as valuable as Tkachuk in the playoffs.
That's the type of rational that gets you a Bryan Bickell contract.

MakeCgyGreatAgain

Feb 3, 2003
Calgary, AB
In the playoffs he was the go to Dman. He was on the ice for the end of periods and was on the first power play unit. Odds are Montour replacement

Don't see how they are going to resign Montour as well.edit to change brain fart
Better change that to Montour. Montador has passed away.

Edit: NVM you got it.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Sam Bennett is a good player and a personal favorite of mine.

Florida investing in him after this season will be a contract they regret.
Do you think they'd regret a 3 years 5.75M contract? I don't think they would. There's a price for a player like Bennett that makes sense. You can't pay him like he's Barkov because he isn't Barkov. You pay him like a middle 6 C with bite and you won't regret it. Guys who you regret signing almost always have the same thing in common. They were average to below average skaters. Bennett is a good skater. He'll age just fine.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Do you think they'd regret a 3 years 5.75M contract? I don't think they would. There's a price for a player like Bennett that makes sense. You can't pay him like he's Barkov because he isn't Barkov. You pay him like a middle 6 C with bite and you won't regret it. Guys who you regret signing almost always have the same thing in common. They were average to below average skaters. Bennett is a good skater. He'll age just fine.

If Bennett signs for 3 x 5.75, he should fire his agent.

But yes, I would 100% sign Bennett if he takes that deal. I see him going more for 7x7 if not more.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
If Bennett signs for 3 x 5.75, he should fire his agent.

But yes, I would 100% sign Bennett if he takes that deal. I see him going more for 7x7 if not more.
Ah, that's our disconnect. I don't think he gets anywhere close to that deal. I think he likes his situation and stays in Florida. 7X7 is a contract any team would regret almost certainly. I think it's a 3-5 year deal between 5 and 6M.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He was injured most of this season. He has been our first line center for the last couple of years. Playing above his head. Would be a good 2 or great 3 center.
Last year he had 19 goals
Ah, injury issues will boost his value.

• Haha
Reactions: Gurglesons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad