Lundell and Rodrigues

Catscountry40

Feb 4, 2021
These two ares are out biggest weak spot and are the main cause of why PM has to shuffle lines.
in the last 15 games:

Lundell: 1 goal and 4 points
Rodrigues 2 goals and 4 points

It gets worse as you go back to 20 and 25 games, but chose 15 becuase that has ben our "slump'' time and Lundell has skated with top guys for most of that time.....still nothing.

So much of PM moving guys up and down seem to get them with players that can help them produce and nothing seems to be working.

While at time looks like they are getting some chances and some good forecheck time they simply can not finish.

The question is do we even waste Rino or Tarasenko on third line when the results will be same. Goes for Rodrigues in the first as well.

Last edited:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Erod is frustrating cause he knows where to be to get a rebound or skate to a high danger spot, and then shoot the puck right to the goaltender.

The only positive I see from Lundell is his next contract will be cheap, cause right now he's just a defensive forward. Still young, so maybe it'll click in the upcoming years.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Erod is frustrating cause he knows where to be to get a rebound or skate to a high danger spot, and then shoot the puck right to the goaltender.

The only positive I see from Lundell is his next contract will be cheap, cause right now he's just a defensive forward. Still young, so maybe it'll click in the upcoming years.

Just watching Lundell play, it’s still very clear that he has the winner drive.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Lundell needs to improve his skating. His biggest saving grace right now is his age, which is also why giving up on him now could come back to bite us.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Lundell at the moment is, as the kids would say, mid. He’s just there. He skates well, he’s fairly smart and fairly good defensively, just just ok at everything but no one thing really stands out about his game. He’s just not a bad player, but he doesn’t drive play, his board game isn’t anything special, his shots ok but hardly ever scores. He’s just there. He’s essentially a defensively responsible 4th line center right now imo. Loustarinen’s work along the boards is one of if not the best on the team and Erod has good speed and is a good play driver. Lundell’s definitely the most disappointing in the top-9 for me. If we had say one more impact player in that spot I’d feel way more confident in the post season.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
lundell has been very respectable minus the scoring and playmaking... its odd really.. he looked so good last few years.. i think he can turn it around

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
lundell has been very respectable minus the scoring and playmaking... its odd really.. he looked so good last few years.. i think he can turn it around
He had a great rebound opportunity against despicable toronno that would have 100% been a goal if he was able to elevate the puck just a foot or so.

Catscountry40

Feb 4, 2021
cant have amazing talent everywhere, but yeah our 3rd line unless we do some more shuffling is pretty weak.
But it is to the point of why waste TARA and RINO on that line when I won't produce any ways. You saw what Tarasenko looks like with Barkov last night. It was lethal. Putting him on the third so Lundell can produce at .25 PPG rate is not worth it right now.

Catscountry40

Feb 4, 2021
We should have shipped him a for a d-MAN. This season in our best shot and Lousty would have been fine 3rd line C. It his actually his better position. Keeping him might cost us a cup.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Gonna try and be a little optimistic for Lundell.

He's vastly improved his faceoffs, nearing 53% when 5 on 5. He's also been more physical.
His offense has flattened of course but his defense has climbed 2nd half of the year.

I do remember some saying in his draft year, the offense of his game at NHL level would be the weak point.

Really curious if they start to wonder if he's better as LW and allows him to improve/focus more on offense but we'd only see a noticeable increase if he was on 2nd line and not sure he's even ready for that jump in competition?

Catscountry40

Feb 4, 2021
A lot of what Lundell will be, which if fine but ma it is killing us right now. They have to produce when you get a slower stretch out of big dogs.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
i think its just mainly our scoring depth absolutely blows, anything past our usual 1-2nd lines arent scoring often.

Look at Dallas right now (vegas last year, blues the year before), crazy amount of 20 goal scores and i think not one 30 goal scorer, plus the rest deep in the 10s. They could essentially run 3 lines that could score at will which is a nightmare for defenses. We got 5 20+ guys and then the dropoff is really sharp, if those guys arent doin anything were getting shutout.

On the other hand, most of our guys are defensively sound so usually are able to lock down most lines, give and take i guess.

Our scoring from the defense would need a bump too, OEL had a monster start then has been crickets since. Montour is still wildly off. Ekky can be our saving grace when hes actually on the ice.
But it is to the point of why waste TARA and RINO on that line when I won't produce any ways. You saw what Tarasenko looks like with Barkov last night. It was lethal. Putting him on the third so Lundell can produce at .25 PPG rate is not worth it right now.
Tank is balls on that line, totally fine running him on the first with reino on the 3rd
Goals per line would be:
1st erod-barkov-tank 54 goals
2nd swaggy-bennett-chucky 73 goals
3rd luostar-lundell-reino 73 goals (evens out but reinos 52 makes it lopsided as hell)

Debated putting cousins on the 2nd, swaggy on the 3rd, and luostar on the 4th line, but the 3rd line then has like 94 goals which seems silly, but hell it solves our depth lol

Reactions: ShootIt

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Lundell has room to improve

Rodrigues' finishing is just about hopeless. The track record is there and is established.

1712085825659.png

Eichel
Crosby
MacKinnon
Barkov

And thats the goal scoring you put out? That is horrific.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Lundell has room to improve

Rodrigues' finishing is just about hopeless. The track record is there and is established.

View attachment 845080

Eichel
Crosby
MacKinnon
Barkov

And thats the goal scoring you put out? That is horrific.

He's just not good. Never hit 20 in his career, probably won't. He doesn't have the skill to be playing a top six role on a consistent basis.

Reactions: ShootIt

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
He's just not good. Never hit 20 in his career, probably won't. He doesn't have the skill to be playing a top six role on a consistent basis.

Minor nitpick, but I'm not sure what Zito saw in him to give him a 4 year deal.
Got to hope he doesn't lose his speed over the next few years.

Reactions: 16Skippy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad