Value of: Luke Schenn

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

pickles555

Jun 5, 2023
I cant believe this guy keeps getting contracts and traded for. I guess it just goes to show if you are a big RHD who can skate at all you will get a lifetime job in the NHL.

He was a big part of the win over Tampa

Very under rated IMO

However, I wouldn't give him more than 1M

Reactions: Blaylock38

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I cant believe this guy keeps getting contracts and traded for. I guess it just goes to show if you are a big RHD who can skate at all you will get a lifetime job in the NHL.
He's a decent RHD for a usual 800k/year. Also arguably Toronto's 2nd best defenceman in the post season

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
No way he gets a longer term deal. He's a bottom pair defensemen, arguably fringe at that.

1.25x2 is my guess. Any longer or any more money I'd pass as a Leafs fan.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
He deserves at least $2M based on last year.

He was clearly the Leafs 2nd best D in the post season, and played most of the year on the top pairing (beside Hughes and Rielly)

If he really wanted to cash out I could see him landing $3M , someone will pay it for a big physical RHD who can play anywhere.

AHLdepth

Feb 17, 2020
If you haven't seen him lately, then you really have missed the rare example of a guy bringing it back from the brink of nothingness. He found a niche he could fill, worked hard at it, and has become later in his career a genuinely very useful piece. He absolutely deserves some security, and absolutely deserves a raise. Obviously not anything ridiculous, but 3/4 x 1.5/1.75 seems right, and I wouldn't think twice about some GM signing off on a bad deal that has his AAV starting with a 2.

The guy has made it reasonably clear that he just wants some stability going forward, and with this potentially being his last contract depending on the term, he's right to want to get all he can here.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Why?

He brings physicality and stability to a bottom pairing D. Most teams in the league would take him. In fact, most already have.

I wonder why he keeps getting traded. But more because I think a team would want him on a bottom pairing for a few years. He is a leader and doesn't back down from anyone.

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
I expect him to be offered the money that Holl was getting. Too much but better spent than on the Black Holl.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
IDK he was awesome for the Leafs. I would easily replace Holl with him at the same salary. A depth player who can add an element we lack, likely doesn't play all 82 games but is important in the games that matter.

Zur En Arrh

Apr 16, 2022
except he's not useless, he hits like a demon, can grind forechecks to a halt.

having said that he's a weird player where he shouldn't be making a lot but what he brings is really useful.. I'd give him 1.5 for three year s to stay...anything more is no thanks

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
6-years, $900k/yr.
LOL

Actually, why not? $900K cap hit for Schenn while he's still useful would be great. And once he's no longer useful, you can bury the whole deal in the minors. In fact any thing up to a $1.15M cap hit would be fully buryable.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Underrated. +9 with Canucks meanwhile OEL -24, Myers -16.
Yeah not some fancy X%/ stats but Christ…

Reactions: NuckLuck

NuckLuck

Jun 9, 2023
Every team should want him. Issue is now age. He is not very fast or mobile and has learned to play within himself, but every year that age and lack of mobility risk increases.

I’d love him back on the Canucks because of this leadership and toughness as a 3RD who can step up higher if needed but I do think he’s getting to the age where “load management” is needed

I’d sign him to 2x1.5 with a NMC so he doesn’t have to uproot his family again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad