Lucas Raymond

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Reliving this shit - what a rise to stardom! 6 goals and 11 points in his final 6 games. I have a hard time believing he isn't a consistent 80 player from here on out

And for all the complaints we get about lacking an "elite" player, this dude is about as close as it's gonna get. Not to mention he bust his ass to win puck battles and plays a responsible two-way game

Also how about the calls from Ken. Glad we can appreciate him and Mick for another season

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Watch the deals be done, but just waiting for them to come back over to sign in person and have the media blitz at LCA rather than via zoom.

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
If Seider future franchise defansman and should be paid whatever, Raymond is not. If he is giving Yzerman hard time don't be surprised if he is going to get traded, but first he needs to get signed.

Reactions: DamonDRW

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
If Seider future franchise defansman and should be paid whatever, Raymond is not. If he is giving Yzerman hard time don't be surprised if he is going to get traded, but first he needs to get signed.

Raymond isn't a future franchise defansman?

f*** I'm bummed about that

We should probably just trade him for making it so hard on Yzerman

Edit: I didn't actually read that last line after the initial part of your troll haha

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie

I don't see any reason Raymond would be giving Yzerman a hard time. Yzerman has stated pretty clearly he plans for Ray and Mo to be around for a long while. I suspect there is still potential moves in the works that will depend if he goes bridge or long term for either of these guys. May need that salary cap space accounted for first... or it's a RFA deal and they just take time.

Reactions: lilidk

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Not sure if this has been posted, but there's quotes from Seider, Raymond, and Yzerman that are all positive that they are on the same page and will get deals done.

Also note that other teams' RFA's haven't signed et either.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It's quite clear, that Seider will be signed long-term, and Yzerman is not gonna be fooled to overpay for some Raymond short hot streak.

He will bridge (3, 5, 6 years) Raymond to push him more. And we will probably benefit more about that decision.

People worry just too much about those damn caphits. You pay what players are worth, and on the next contract, if they have proved they are worth a lot more, you pay.

Is Pastrnak any problem for Boston? Hell no.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
It's quite clear, that Seider will be signed long-term, and Yzerman is not gonna be fooled to overpay for some Raymond short hot streak.

He will bridge (3, 5, 6 years) Raymond to push him more. And we will probably benefit more about that decision.

People worry just too much about those damn caphits. You pay what players are worth, and on the next contract, if they have proved they are worth a lot more, you pay.

Fun fact: Signing Raymond to Pasta's bridge would be a 6yr x $7.8M contract.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
With the CBA ending after the 2025/2026 season - I wouldn't be surprised to see both Raymond/Seider signing 2, or 3 yr deals...Get their big $$$ after that.

Yup - not concerned...We will also have a handful of veteran contracts expiring in 2 to 3 seasons so a bridge won't be an issue if they go that route.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
With the CBA ending after the 2025/2026 season - I wouldn't be surprised to see both Raymond/Seider signing 2, or 3 yr deals...Get their big $$$ after that.

Yup - not concerned...We will also have a handful of veteran contracts expiring in 2 to 3 seasons so a bridge won't be an issue if they go that route.
I mean, the players aren't going to get a bigger slice than 50%. Much safer to lock in before the new CBA. The rules of how the cash gets distributed isn't going to shift dramatically in the players' favor. And if there is any stoppage in play, again, better to have a deal in place.

Reactions: Realgud

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I mean, the players aren't going to get a bigger slice than 50%. Much safer to lock in before the new CBA. The rules of how the cash gets distributed isn't going to shift dramatically in the players' favor. And if there is any stoppage in play, again, better to have a deal in place.
Good point...I was thinking more along the lines of UFA age potentially getting lowered to 25, or 26 (highly unlikely) if the NHLPA agrees to limit the max contract from 8 and 7 yrs (depending if you re-sign with the team that hold your rights, or go full UFA ) down to 6 and 5 yrs respectively.

Reactions: Realgud

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

if there is a stoppage in play I will probably be consuming less hockey content afterwards.

Alright, back to Raymond talk.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
I’m anxious for them to get signed but remind myself that when it comes to contracts Yzerman often moves at the speed of Marc Staal.

• Haha
Reactions: RRhoads

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
But Pasta was over a point per game player on that time (before the contract), in lower-scoring league, which Raymond isn't even near.
1721933583053.png

??

1721933636947.png

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland

Actually, Pastrnak is a HUGE problem for Boston. With him they are a playoff team that looses in the first round. Without him, they need to rebuild. You can't trade the best goal scorer in the NHL but you also cannot hold on him for long.

Boston did a big mistake not trading him last season. He could have get them 2 1sts + excellent prospect.

Reactions: lilidk

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Reliving this shit - what a rise to stardom! 6 goals and 11 points in his final 6 games. I have a hard time believing he isn't a consistent 80 player from here on out

And for all the complaints we get about lacking an "elite" player, this dude is about as close as it's gonna get. Not to mention he bust his ass to win puck battles and plays a responsible two-way game

Also how about the calls from Ken. Glad we can appreciate him and Mick for another season

If anybody else on the team had consistently shown up in the last 6 weeks of the season we'd have made the playoffs. Raymond carried our asses all by himself.

Actually, Pastrnak is a HUGE problem for Boston. With him they are a playoff team that looses in the first round. Without him, they need to rebuild. You can't trade the best goal scorer in the NHL but you also cannot hold on him for long.

Boston did a big mistake not trading him last season. He could have get them 2 1sts + excellent prospect.

Uhh... As much as I love to shit on the Leafs you can't really call Pasta the best goal scorer in the NHL while Auston Matthews exists.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
If anybody else on the team had consistently shown up in the last 6 weeks of the season we'd have made the playoffs. Raymond carried our asses all by himself.
Agreed

Players that young who show what he did in that time considering the entire circumstance are extremely valuable. There's no reason to believe he's not going to continue shifting his play into another gear

I can't wait for the main board to start shitting on him for whatever contract he signs :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad