Proposal: lucas raymond for leo carlsson

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Tbh I don’t see why either team does this. Why is Detroit subtracting one of the best young players on a team that missed the playoffs due to a tiebreaker? Why is Anaheim trading their best prospect for an older guy with an arguably lower ceiling when they finished 30th in the league this year

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
My thoughts are there should be some upside for both teams to even consider this.

This ain’t it. Leo isn’t going anywhere.
Unfortunately I think we’re going to get a lot of these threads involving zegras carlsson mctavish gauthier and potentially who we pick this year if it’s a forward

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't get where this is an insulting offer. Raymond is a terrific young player. I just don't think that it is a realistic scenario, for either team. Seems more like the OP wants to gauge the value of the players involved more than anything.

This non aligned poster thinks that it is an even swap, but also that there is no reason for it to be done for either team.

Zegras being traded... that i can see. Carlsson, not so much.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Just close this, this won't end well. Leo isn't getting traded for any realistic offer that a team would offer.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Thats not how this works. We get gaslit for 500 posts and then it gets bumped every week or so with proposals to an original 6 team for pennies.
Oh trust me, I get it. You're talking to a Jackets fan, we constantly get a "give us core players for depth pieces / long shot prospects" weekly.

Even worse then getting old threads bumped are constant new ones asking the same thing.

Although in this scenario I think Wings and Duck fans can agree neither team would do this.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I don't get where this is an insulting offer. Raymond is a terrific young player. I just don't think that it is a realistic scenario, for either team. Seems more like the OP wants to gauge the value of the players involved more than anything.

This non aligned poster thinks that it is an even swap, but also that there is no reason for it to be done for either team.

Zegras being traded... that i can see. Carlsson, not so much.

Yeah I see it as pointless more so than insulting. Obviously not a conversation that's taking place IRL right now, so I don't know why OP is wasting time thinking about it. Just inevitably going to create an unnecessary debate over these team's young players.

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
Both teams say no, but especially Detroit. They have a legit developed goal scorer on their hands. Anaheim isn't at the point in their rebuild where they can afford to lose Carlsson, even for someone like Raymond. It won't accelerate their timeline because they are very deficient at a number of places.

Reactions: wings95

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think Detroit actually says yes. Leo profiles as a franchise center. The upside is just too far above, even though Raymond is great. It would hurt for a year or two while Leo catches up but I don't think Yzerman says no to this.

Obviously it would be a no from Anaheim.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Both teams say no, but especially Detroit. They have a legit developed goal scorer on their hands. Anaheim isn't at the point in their rebuild where they can afford to lose Carlsson, even for someone like Raymond. It won't accelerate their timeline because they are very deficient at a number of places.

I think there is a world where redwings would want something like this, but it depends on how high they are on kasper/danielson as potential top 6 centers…. Right now you can argue center is a spot go weakness for the wings.

For Anaheim we need a top 6 winger, but I think we see carlsson as our 1c going forward…. Very rarely will you see a 1c moved. I think we’re trying to add a top 6 winger without taking anything off the roster.

Ultimately tho there’s maybe 5 players in the league I’d consider moving Leo for at this point

Reactions: Trojans86

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
I think there is a world where redwings would want something like this, but it depends on how high they are on kasper/danielson as potential top 6 centers…. Right now you can argue center is a spot go weakness for the wings.

For Anaheim we need a top 6 winger, but I think we see carlsson as our 1c going forward…. Very rarely will you see a 1c moved. I think we’re trying to add a top 6 winger without taking anything off the roster.

Ultimately tho there’s maybe 5 players in the league I’d consider moving Leo for at this point
Can be argued, for sure...but not until both Kasper and Danielson bust out.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
No point to this for both teams. I don’t do it as Detroit either. We need to start competing ASAP and Raymond looks to be in the cusp of hitting 90 pt potential. Anaheim isn’t competing imminently so they stick with Carlssons sky high potential.

Reactions: SEALBound

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
No point to this for both teams. I don’t do it as Detroit either. We need to start competing ASAP and Raymond looks to be in the cusp of hitting 90 pt potential. Anaheim isn’t competing imminently so they stick with Carlssons sky high potential.
I actually think we’ll be where Detroit is this year with the right moves this offseason

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
thoughts ?
No from Detroit. You've never brought anything remotely interesting to the table.

Detroit likes Raymond a lot. Anaheim likes Carlsson a lot. We need to add to Raymond. Even adding a C for him just moves a strength from W to C without a good way to replenish that.

• Haha
Reactions: Pierce Hawthorne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad