Recalled/Assigned: Lucas Condotta called up by the Canadiens

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
434264738_927533642163488_8821825477226947232_n.jpg

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Anderson is likely at minimum a game time decision. He's on the plane to Philadelphia with the rest of the team, apparently.

If Anderson can go, Condotta probably replaces Pezzetta. You don't want to be giving freebie PPs to Philadelphia.
I try to be a homer to Pezz, but he sucked then you add in two bad penalties and he easily sits.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
For the bottom six probably the best option in Laval. Others aren't ready or don't have the skillset.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Isn't Condotta just another Pezz? I can honestly never remember him doing anything that's anything. Isn't Tuch playing really well and deserves a callup?

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Honestly I’m not a fan of this. Laval has been on a roll and look like they might finally compete. I know this is the reality of the ahl, but it’s frustrating seeing them lose players to a team that isn’t making the playoffs where he’ll play 5 minutes on the 4th line. The Habs and their bloody injuries year after year just keep ruining their farm teams chances of competing. If the big club is competitive, that’s different, but they’re not.

Reactions: nicehiss

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Honestly I’m not a fan of this. Laval has been on a roll and look like they might finally compete. I know this is the reality of the ahl, but it’s frustrating seeing them lose players to a team that isn’t making the playoffs where he’ll play 5 minutes on the 4th line. The Habs and their bloody injuries year after year just keep ruining their farm teams chances of competing. If the big club is competitive, that’s different, but they’re not.
While I agree with you to a point this is why farm teams exist. That's why they need depth in Trois Riviere

Isn't Condotta just another Pezz? I can honestly never remember him doing anything that's anything. Isn't Tuch playing really well and deserves a callup?
I am all for calling Tuch up which I believe will happen very soon. Condotta imo is an upgrade over Pezetta and will help the Habs.

Reactions: MasterD

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
While I agree with you to a point this is why farm teams exist. That's why they need depth in Trois Riviere

I am all for calling Tuch up which I believe will happen very soon. Condotta imo is an upgrade over Pezetta and will help the Habs.

True but the echl isn’t going to replace your better players in the ahl. I see no benefit to calling up guys from Laval and sticking them in a losing environment. Like I said, if the Habs were competitive, that would be totally different. Posters who think that just because a guy gets a couple points in Laval he should be called up are wrong. I don’t think that’s beneficial the way the Habs currently are. Mailloux had one 4 point game against a really bad team and posters were acting like he was Bobby Orr. Sure, he’s looked ok, had a nice goal, but you’re just throwing another 20 something year old into the lions den. Until the Habs get a relatively healthy lineup, they’re going to continue to get smacked by most teams and the young guys will keep getting exposed. Condotta, Tuch, Roy, Mailloux- won’t make much of a difference at all.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
True but the echl isn’t going to replace your better players in the ahl. I see no benefit to calling up guys from Laval and sticking them in a losing environment. Like I said, if the Habs were competitive, that would be totally different. Posters who think that just because a guy gets a couple points in Laval he should be called up are wrong. I don’t think that’s beneficial the way the Habs currently are. Mailloux had one 4 point game against a really bad team and posters were acting like he was Bobby Orr. Sure, he’s looked ok, had a nice goal, but you’re just throwing another 20 something year old into the lions den. Until the Habs get a relatively healthy lineup, they’re going to continue to get smacked by most teams and the young guys will keep getting exposed. Condotta, Tuch, Roy, Mailloux- won’t make much of a difference at all.
You are not wrong but this is the system for all teams

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
You're right and I'll tell you what Condotta is far from a bad player, I think he's able to handle a 4th line role in the NHL and he's also able to win faceoff and play on the PK, he's alot better then Pezzetta imo.
He's thick, too.

Get in there and be physical and defensively responsible and he could have himself a full-time NHL spot

Reactions: EveryDay

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Anderson injury is irrelevant Condo called up + trade rumors to target forwards playing with jam = wake up o clock for the forward group ⏰

You love to see it

Jul 6, 2016
Anderson injury is irrelevant Condo called up + trade rumors to target forwards playing with jam = wake up o clock for the forward group ⏰

You love to see it
I would not look too deep about it. They need Condotta just in case Anderson can’t play tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad