Recalled/Assigned: Lucas Carlsson

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Didn't realize he had as much of an offensive game as he showed yesterday. I vaguely remember hearing that the Hawks were giving him tapes of Hammer to watch, so I figured he'd be a SHD type, but he was jumping up in the play a fair bit against Dallas in his very first NHL game; that rush where he dumped it in at the red line and him making the between the legs pass to Kubalk near the blue paint come to mind.

If he plays like that every game, I don't think we'll lose much of anything with swapping him in for Gus.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Didn't realize he had as much of an offensive game as he showed yesterday. I vaguely rememb er hearing that the Hawks were giving him tapes of Hammer to watch, so I figured he'd be a SHD type, but he was jumping up in the play a fair bit against Dallas in his very first NHL game; that rush where he dumped it in at the red line and him making the between the legs pass to Kubalk near the blue paint come to mind.

If he plays like that every game, I don't think we'll lose much of anything with swapping him in for Gus.
As soon as I saw this post I remembered this clip...

That was in his draft year in the SHL. His offensive skills go unnoticed because he commits himself to his defensive game. He could score a lot more if he opened up but that’s not what you want out of him. I think he was actually always one of rockfords shooters in the shootout.

Reactions: TPOEJ6489

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
For him falling off the radar it's been interesting. Here on our top prospects I think after that top SHL season or 2 he was voted like 7th, then the Boqvist/Beaudin draft with other talent filling in and Carlsson dropped to around 15ish.

But he's steadily become Rockfords top dman just waiting for this time. I see he lacked explosiveness and that's probably his main weakness, but I like his game.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Kid is a breath of fresh air on the blue line. Much more composed / better than 4K / Maatta. Not afraid to shoot the puck.
Been taking the tough matchups with Murphy already too and doing a great job. Believe they held the Drai line relatively in check until carlsson went down last night.

Crazy how much his absence already meant. I’ve been one of the posters that’s been bigger on carlsson and he’s even exceeded my expectations so far. Real happy with how he’s playing

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Been taking the tough matchups with Murphy already too and doing a great job. Believe they held the Drai line relatively in check until carlsson went down last night.

Crazy how much his absence already meant. I’ve been one of the posters that’s been bigger on carlsson and he’s even exceeded my expectations so far. Real happy with how he’s playing

Yeah he's contributing very well to this new found crisp transition passing game we are showing. Super poised with the puck but not trying to skate it rather just making the simple fast plays.

Plus he's taking shut down mins... Like what's not to like lol. I bet JC is already is already in love.

Btw without taking anything away from Carlsson because it's super rare to come in and show this much poise, but I just can't wait for when Mitchell gets here. He provides the exact same elements and then some.

We could be looking at a pretty crisp defense next year if the youngsters hold this form.

Last edited:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Yeah he's contributing very well to this new found crisp transition passing game we are showing. Super poised with the puck but not trying to skate it
rather just making the simple fast plays.

Plus he's taking shut down mins...
Like what's not to like lol. I bet JC is already is already in love.

Sexy thought if Mitchell season ends early or the hawks make the dance.

Keith/Boqvist
Carlsson/Murphy
Maatta/Mitchell
Koekkoek Back to press box duty

Reactions: Rick C137

giza

Jul 19, 2011
If Carlsson continues to impress, Maata might be a good unload for a quality 4th line grinder.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Keith - Boqvist
Carlsson - Murphy
CDH - Mitchell

Honestly if Mitchell’s game translates as well as I think it’s gonna, that could be a pretty damn good defense. We’ve seen some great play out of a Boqvist - Keith pair and it’s not really a ridiculous thought that Boqvist may be even more impactful next season. I really like the prospect of a Murphy/Carlsson shutdown pair (although much longer term maybe see Carlsson with Boqvist. We’ll see). And I don’t know how you can break into the league much easier than having CDH as a partner on a third pair. Obviously there’s some ifs such as CDH/Seabrook health but there’s for sure some intriguing options.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I was a big fan of him when he played in Sweden and I was pretty upset that he didn't get a chance before to play for Hawks.

He is very mobile two-way defenseman who has good puck moving skills. I'm pretty optimistic here but I think he could be prime Johnny Oduya for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad