Prospect Info: Luca Pinelli, 114th Overall

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
The winger has had a good season with the stacked Ottawa 67’s with 63 points in 67 games. This production came despite not having a lot of consistency in terms of his linemates throughout the season. Regardless of who he was on the ice with Pinelli kept performing at a high level. While there are concerns of his ceiling his two-game should prove to be very intriguing for most NHL teams in the upcoming draft.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Team was stacked and he didn't put up wonderful numbers. I think the offensive upside is limited but I think he has potential to play in the NHL as a 4th line defensive forward. If he can put together some of his offensive tools maybe there is middle 6 potential.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
More info on Pinelli for you:

We also had Pinelli on podcast (along with Ritchie and Terrance):

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Team was stacked and he didn't put up wonderful numbers. I think the offensive upside is limited but I think he has potential to play in the NHL as a 4th line defensive forward. If he can put together some of his offensive tools maybe there is middle 6 potential.
As a stat watcher noones point totals stand out, even Mintyukov. His playoffs do though

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Surprised to see such little discussion of him in this thread.

Other than his size, is there a reason he has not received more attention?

Purely from a stats point, 48 goals last year and then eight points, with five goals in just four games to start the year would seem worth watching.

With Ottawa coach Dave Cameron coaching the Canada U20 team is he likely to play at the World Juniors? Possibly joining the Jackets after that?

Jovavic

Concept of a Plan
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Jarmo went alittle nuts with the small players so he kinda blends in with them, and we drafted another Luca lol

I don't really know why he's not talked about more, to be honest. Would be nice to have one of these lesser hearlded guys "pop" into a good NHL player.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Surprised to see such little discussion of him in this thread.

We have a ton of small promising players. He is behind Brindley, Dumais, and Malatesta on the hype train.

We also have plenty of prospects named Luca. I have him ranked as our 3rd best prospect named Luca.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
such little discussion of him in this thread.

Purely from a stats point, 48 goals last year and then eight points, with five goals in just four games to start the year would seem worth watching.

With Ottawa coach Dave Cameron coaching the Canada U20 team is he likely to play at the World Juniors? Possibly joining the Jackets after that?
Most prospect talk just goes in the general CBJ prospect thread, you'll find I've posted numerous videos of his goals there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad