Luc-ifer: dark lord with white hair

kingsfanman

Jul 24, 2010
Why does Blake agree to being a puppet of Luc? He is already financially independent (I think he earned more than Luc). I wish the media would ask such questions.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Remember when Bobby Boucher showed up at halftime and the Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl?
images

Jun 30, 2006
Not sure what you are asking, but Dean definitely did not allow Luc to participate in anything related to player personnel decisions.

When they held Luc's retirement party, across the street from Staples Center, Jeremy Roenick spoke and I thought what he said was pretty insulting to Luc, but it turns out he was right on the mark. Roenick implied Luc was fortunate to have his position with the Kings, because he had never really done anything of note as an executive in any capacity.
You look at the old YouTube clip of the conversation between that old guy and milbury, they were openly wondering why Luc was President of Business operations. They openly said, “why is he there, he never had a business to run.”

I wish it was discussed more openly but I surmised we have journalists that are cowards and are afraid of losing access to the team and facilities.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Its funny since there must be truth to this that a lot of King issues media figures incorporate Lucs name.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I wish it was discussed more openly but I surmised we have journalists that are cowards and are afraid of losing access to the team and fafacilities.
We've already seen that happen a handful of times over the years. Look at what happened with Rosen and Hammond and LAK Insider.
No one affiliated with the team is seemingly allowed to be critical or else they are gone at some point, for some reason.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Luc isn't smart, but that doesn't mean he isn't devious. I saw and listened first hand to the Robitaille's disdain for Lombardi when I spoke with Stacia during one of their pre-poker tournament parties in Vegas.

She made it clear that she didn't like Lombardi, because he had relegated Luc to being a mascot and having nothing to do with player personnel. She also didn't like being slighted by Lombardi when it came to player participation in her "Echoes of Hope" organization.
I always was a little skeptical of you and the robitaille stuff but I'll eat crow on it. You have long not been a fan of the way he runs things.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I always was a little skeptical of you and the robitaille stuff but I'll eat crow on it. You have long not been a fan of the way he runs things.
No worries, you pick up pieces of information from different sources here and there, then pretty soon when you look in them in context of the overall situation, you can start doing the math.

This isn't all that complicated, 2 + 2 = 4, when it comes to the Kings.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
"How did you get coach macclellan to agree to go to australia during training camp?"
"Its easy. I didnt ask him." raucous laughter

Reactions: David Lunch
Jun 30, 2006
We've already seen that happen a handful of times over the years. Look at what happened with Rosen and Hammond and LAK Insider.
No one affiliated with the team is seemingly allowed to be critical or else they are gone at some point, for some reason.
I know with Hammond, it wasn’t DL or management that pushed him out. It was the league, the NHL brass was PISSED at the Wesgarth interview and subsequent interviews with others on the negotiations between players and league. Here was a technically league employee undercutting their position.

I can’t speak for Rosen as I didnt follow LAKI closely since the canning of DL/Sutter.

But to my point, there’s a lot of podcasts and journalists that are just way too scared to say anything negative about this organization or ask questions about the plan. I suspect today’s press conference will be the usual canned questions and answers. This is a business and everyone is going to play it safe and try to get the fans to continue to buy in.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
He is the biggest problem, for sure. If Blake does end up being fired and Luc is kept on then things will just repeat themselves as Luc will promote Bergevin or make a similar poor decision. He was brought into the fold like so many other alumni which is fine, he is a legend and a nice guy and a beloved figure of the franchise, but for some obscene reason he was given actual power unlike most.

He somehow managed to climb up marketing and business operations to actual hockey operations and becoming the president overseeing everything. I don't think he went to college, isn't known to be particularly clever/smart, or has any actual qualifications or experience for any of the positions or powers he's been given outside he was a good hockey player for us. He is similarly compromised as Gretzky was and sounds just as naive in that he loves and promotes anyone who has been a friend or nice to him and is biased and nepotistic about his job and those around him.

I don't think he is this evil, malicious, mastermind or anything, I just think he is a naive guy, making it up as he goes, enjoying LA life and status, and learned what he is doing from his peers which are people like Blake, Gretzky, etc. I don't hate the guy, he has always been my favorite player and I've met him a few times and wish he could stay with the franchise in a non-decision making role, but he has to be taken out of that spot and if he cannot be made into a non-facotr within the organization he needs to be fired and separated from the front office.

It is clear that whether he is actually running things, or if he, Blake, and company are all running things by committee they are in way over their head, have no idea what they are doing, just winging it off of their feel and collective old boys club decision making and it needs to stop.

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
I don't think the issue is necessarily the hire. I think it's the insinuation that Luc himself came with the pitch without consulting the decision makers of the scouting team.

I'm sure there were more discussions than just a whimsical hire, but it's a valid concern that Luc is throwing his weight around more than he should.
Yeah there's definitely some pieces to the story that we don't know here but I think it's important to point out that it probably wasn't as simple as "Luc walked up to Blake Bolden and offered her a job as a scout without consulting anyone"...

It sounds like he just started the conversation to see if she'd be interested in scouting. Most likely, there was an entire interview process that followed to confirm she'd be a good fit and get sign off on the decision from additional members of the scouting department. Although I guess you never really know... If Luc really is as power hungry / conniving as some of this info is suggesting, I suppose it's possible he did offer her a job on a whim and just told the scouting staff to deal with it.

Either way, it seems pretty clear he needs to go. Kings fans deserve better than this joke of a management group

fivehole32

Kicking rebounds to the slot
Jan 11, 2015
He is the biggest problem, for sure. If Blake does end up being fired and Luc is kept on then things will just repeat themselves as Luc will promote Bergevin or make a similar poor decision. He was brought into the fold like so many other alumni which is fine, he is a legend and a nice guy and a beloved figure of the franchise, but for some obscene reason he was given actual power unlike most.

He somehow managed to climb up marketing and business operations to actual hockey operations and becoming the president overseeing everything. I don't think he went to college, isn't known to be particularly clever/smart, or has any actual qualifications or experience for any of the positions or powers he's been given outside he was a good hockey player for us. He is similarly compromised as Gretzky was and sounds just as naive in that he loves and promotes anyone who has been a friend or nice to him and is biased and nepotistic about his job and those around him.

I don't think he is this evil, malicious, mastermind or anything, I just think he is a naive guy, making it up as he goes, enjoying LA life and status, and learned what he is doing from his peers which are people like Blake, Gretzky, etc. I don't hate the guy, he has always been my favorite player and I've met him a few times and wish he could stay with the franchise in a non-decision making role, but he has to be taken out of that spot and if he cannot be made into a non-facotr within the organization he needs to be fired and separated from the front office.

It is clear that whether he is actually running things, or if he, Blake, and company are all running things by committee they are in way over their head, have no idea what they are doing, just winging it off of their feel and collective old boys club decision making and it needs to stop.
Regarding Gretzky, I know people who have golfed with him, and they say he is a buckethead. Super nice, extremely accommodating, but on the smart meter doesn't register very high. I would assume the same for Luc.

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
Milbury also did a similar segment with Liam McHugh during the 2012 run on NBCSN. It was again Milbury "Luc should stick to selling hot dogs out in the parking lot" and mentioned there is tension with DL. I believe this segment aired during the Coyotes series, I've looked for it on YT over the years, never could find it.

I had never seen the CBC one from 2008 above before now! The 2012 NBCSN one was pretty similar

The 2012 segment always colored my view of the DL regime change- I always felt it was at the hands of Luc

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Regarding Gretzky, I know people who have golfed with him, and they say he is a buckethead. Super nice, extremely accommodating, but on the smart meter doesn't register very high. I would assume the same for Luc.

Heh, yeah, that is where I was going. Everyone sort of knows that Gretzky isn't the most effective communicator and decision-maker. Luc has never struck me as any different, he is very inarticulate with his thoughts and his doesn't offer any real logic or reason to the decisions other than his feelings.

More insanity from the source

They are going to have a riot and mutiny on their hands.

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
Get Biznasty in on it. Pick a game early in the year, ideally one that will be on TNT and don't go into Crypto for the game. If they open the season with a game against McDavid on TNT it would be perfect. Stay outside at LA Live and burn any and all Robitaille jerseys, signed or not signed, from '82 to '06. The biggest jersey bonfire at LA Live

If you don't want to take one for the team, keep your Luc jersey on but wear a paper Ralphs bag over your head

The guy has completely killed his legacy as a King, let the hockey world know we're breaking up

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
As long as Dan Beckerman is Uncle Phil’s point man for hockey in LA, there will be zero winning.

This guy can literally not give a shit as long as franchise value is top 5 in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad