OT: Lounge (Read OP).

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
distrokid.com
The day of the 94 Rangers parade I was watching game 5 of the Knicks/Rockets finals and they pre-empted it for a low speed O J. Simpson car chase. We didn't have the net or cells so there was no way to watch the game.

Reactions: DrandonBudinsky

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
I love both iterations of the Liberty jerseys. Wasn't a huge fan of the new design because of the thinner stripes/different sleeve design, but they grew on me real fast especially after seeing them on the ice. The OG version will always be the better one in my eyes though just for nostalgia.

My brain also definitely made up that the old version had some kind of striping on the bottom. But I found a fan made version that is exactly what I wish the Liberties looked like:

quick_nyr-front.jpg
Funny same thought- initially hated the thin stripes but love them now. Weird. I never liked the liberty head- seems to amateurish to me.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Funny same thought- initially hated the thin stripes but love them now. Weird. I never liked the liberty head- seems to amateurish to me.
I always thought it was a great alternative to the traditional diagonal lettering or large crest. Plus the 'Rangers' name has a tacky origin so I'm not terribly tied to the branding. The Liberty head is a great modern association to NYC, I think it's badass looking, and the navy is another cool update to the traditionally brighter blues.

I like the new version with a full kit, but I don't think I'd spend money on one. I would buy/wear that fan-made one in that picture.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Albania update: this is a stunningly beautiful country. Holy cow. I have been to 7 non-us countries and 46 states here, including time at over 2 dozen national parks, and this place is top freaking drawer in the natural beauty department. I am just blown away.

Planning to go to prague over the weekend and stay there until flying hole Wednesday.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

This continues to be my all-time favorite YouTube video. I don't think it will ever be surpassed.

Also, Ante Up is my all-time favorite workout song as well, LOL.

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
The day of the 94 Rangers parade I was watching game 5 of the Knicks/Rockets finals and they pre-empted it for a low speed O J. Simpson car chase. We didn't have the net or cells so there was no way to watch the game.
AA30DF87-A756-4513-89C2-247D9C8244F0.jpeg

ESPN did a 30 For 30 documentary on this exact day and how much of a huge news day it was for sports.

I was a young kid tuning in to MSG/local news channels for the Rangers parade and gearing up for that Knicks game. Then I remember the 4 big channels all of a sudden picked up the feed of the Bronco chase. At the time, there was no instant news, so I wasn’t too sure why we were supposed to
be glued to some car chase being led by OJ - all the way at the other end of the country. I’m pretty sure even WPIX and WOR also covered that surreal moment. It was inescapable.

Pre-internet this was such a strange moment. The newscycle became 24/7 overnight. I remember it was all OJ all the time-even after the nightly news. Everything changed in media that day. For better or worse.

DrandonBudinsky

Black & Blueshirts
Mar 15, 2022
SADisonSquareGarden
I love both iterations of the Liberty jerseys. Wasn't a huge fan of the new design because of the thinner stripes/different sleeve design, but they grew on me real fast especially after seeing them on the ice. The OG version will always be the better one in my eyes though just for nostalgia.

My brain also definitely made up that the old version had some kind of striping on the bottom. But I found a fan made version that is exactly what I wish the Liberties looked like:

quick_nyr-front.jpg
The original 1998 white Lady Liberty had a single blue stripe on the bottom. Maybe you’re thinking of that one?

I think we’ll always have strong feelings for the first Liberty jerseys. They remind me of the Gretzky Rangers teams and of course this gem of a marathon shootout goal by instant MSG legend Marek Malik:

I don’t own the Reverse Retro 1.0, but did pick up RR2.0 when they came out to add to my Liberty collection.
It stands up well against the 90s versions IMO.
But my all time favorite is the white lady Liberty. The Libertyhead crest just pops more against the white jersey for some reason. Here are my different Liberty jerseys colors against each other
43F50A62-F917-4516-8EE5-E2147A724BDF.jpeg

Still not sure why they were considered “reverse” retro since very little was reverse about the colors. Rangers still used versions of blues they’ve always used.
97BABBA6-934C-435A-83B0-B0BFE928AB55.jpeg

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
The original 1998 white Lady Liberty had a single blue stripe on the bottom. Maybe you’re thinking of that one?

I think we’ll always have strong feelings for the first Liberty jerseys. They remind me of the Gretzky Rangers teams and of course this gem of a marathon shootout goal by instant MSG legend Marek Malik:

I was at that game (Malik shootout). My first game post lockout. It was insane. I was sitting behind the opposite net when he made the move. My jaw dropped. I was literally like, wait, did Marek Malik just shoot through his legs? The place went absolutely bonkers.

That game and the Esa Tikkanen first overtime goal game (the one that hit the camera) in 1997 were two of the best games I've ever seen live.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad