OT: Lounge (Read OP).

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
I live S of ATL and it's so hot and humid here idk if I can smoke underneath my backyard patio roof.
Imagine having this as your weather forecast...

20240702_172419.jpg

The Phoenix/Scottsdale Metro area is pretty brutal in the summer but if you can handle it, the rest of the year is very nice.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Imagine having this as your weather forecast...

View attachment 895126

The Phoenix/Scottsdale Metro area is pretty brutal in the summer but if you can handle it, the rest of the year is very nice.
This type of weather was one of the many factors why I couldn't leave Vegas soon enough. I put up with that for 10 years...now I despise the summer. Sigh...

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Well, due to not having childcare for Henrik and having to call out or attempt to work from home too many times, I’ve lost my sales role at the brewery, which also means I’ve lost my car because I was using a company vehicle while my ex has my car. I’m now overdrawn, unemployed, vehicle-less and alone. I really need an angel.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Well, due to not having childcare for Henrik and having to call out or attempt to work from home too many times, I’ve lost my sales role at the brewery, which also means I’ve lost my car because I was using a company vehicle while my ex has my car. I’m now overdrawn, unemployed, vehicle-less and alone. I really need an angel.
Oh jeez I was upset today because of a blown tire. Im really sorry buddy. That is a lot to handle. May I ask what city/state are you in now?

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I don't want to pry but are you with the brewery in any role at all now? You said you lost the sales role.

No, I’m politely being humored about picking up bartending shifts, but I am unemployed.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
No, I’m politely being humored about picking up bartending shifts, but I am unemployed.
Im really sorry dude. I know you have had a tough time. You sounded so optimistic about the brewery. Hopefully this bump in the road is really short.

Reactions: bernmeister

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I’m recording with the London Symphony next month wish me luck

Dang, that’s pretty awesome.

My car insurance came out of my account today and now I’m overdrawn lol

Cracks me up since my ex is the one driving the car and I don’t have one.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Dang, that’s pretty awesome.

My car insurance came out of my account today and now I’m overdrawn lol

Cracks me up since my ex is the one driving the car and I don’t have one.
Do you have overdraft protection? I worked at a bank when I was young and I was amazed at how a few small $5-$10 purchases on a negative balance could turn in to hundreds in fees. Sorry to hear of your troubles.

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I need to come up with $400 to make it to Monday and I will be fine. I just finished an interview with a rival brewery and received an offer comparable to what I was receiving at the brewery. I need to take care of this overdraft, my cell phone bill, and my electric.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Popped my head in this thread wondering what people were discussing. This is awful news bud. If you have some sales experience and need to make money, don't neglect dealerships. I have 14 sales guys at my dealership, with 8 of them having made over 6 figures last year. All 8 are pacing to exceed that again this year. Even some of the stragglers here are making 75k+. I know Texas has some massive superstores.

If you don't want to sell cars, but you know about cars, you might want to consider a position as a service advisor. We have 6 at my service center, all making very good money.

One of the perks of working in the car business, is it's fun. Or it can be fun. We f*** around all day. I've worked for corporate companies where you can't fart the wrong way without getting written up. Working in small cubicles that feel like they start to shrink after a few months. I met my ex wife in the car business. We used to go to one of the lots we had most of our inventory and I would bang her in the minivan lol.

The car your ex is driving -- is it under your name, or hers? If it's under yours, get it back. If you have your car, you can at least do some uber/doordash which will keep you afloat. Same day payout. I did that during Covid when my dealership was shutdown for a few months.

Keep your head up!

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If I remember you have extensive computer skills, forgive, top of my head I forgot exactly what....
is that still of interest for gigs?
a lot of biz is who you know....
do any of us know a match for our friend @LokiDog ?

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
Hey fellas, I will visiting NYC next week with the family. Need some suggestions on accommodation. I want to stay near the subway and near the major attractions.

I know prices can get a little crazy this time of year. What would you guys recommend?

Travelling with wife and three boys (18,14,13).

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Hey fellas, I will visiting NYC next week with the family. Need some suggestions on accommodation. I want to stay near the subway and near the major attractions.

I know prices can get a little crazy this time of year. What would you guys recommend?

Travelling with wife and three boys (18,14,13).
when I was a kid, near 42nd st + 10th ave, was a place called travel inn motor lodge; was reasonable for a working man to rent an afternoon so his kids + wife could get away and have a pool day.
Howev, I think it is no longer for tourists, but rental/or condo
---------------

best bet is internet
dep on budget,
one interesting place tucked away on Jane St near West St /highway
is
"The Jane Hotel"

Not cheap but given everything Manhattan is major moolah and you want location, that might be a swallowable number if it is a short few days stay

You are already way downtown close to Tribeca, West Vil, and So. Man., which also has historic sites.

I would consider looking at car rental as may make sense. Cabs, it's almost $10 just to get in!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad