NBA Los Angeles Lakers thread

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Lakers are winning the championship this season.
Agreed. I don't think teams will be able to match their intensity in the playoffs. Nor do I see them making any major trades - I think their core will believe they can win it all as is.

Man, Kobe's last social media posts dedicated to LeBron. I feel sorry for the teams that will run into him and the Lakers, because they will be on a mission.

Sep 19, 2008
  • i

Ohm YoungmisukESPN Staff Writer
LOS ANGELES -- It took almost a year and a half, but LeBron James accomplished one of the goals he set when he moved to Los Angeles, ending the Lakers' six-season playoff drought.
Fueled by an MVP performance from James, the Lakers clinched a postseason berth for the first time since the 2012-13 season with Friday night's 113-103 win over the Milwaukee Bucks at Staples Center.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Lakers showed the Bucks that 2 superstars will beat one all the time. Also the Bucks are not as good as their record. Great depth but taking advantage of the fact they have been the healthiest team, of all the contenders , in the east.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Lakers showed the Bucks that 2 superstars will beat one all the time. Also the Bucks are not as good as their record. Great depth but taking advantage of the fact they have been the healthiest team, of all the contenders , in the east.
Middleton went 5 for 19, he is one of the most efficient shooters in the NBA. That likely won't happen too often. Plus, Bucks already beat the Lakers in December.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Middleton went 5 for 19, he is one of the most efficient shooters in the NBA. That likely won't happen too often. Plus, Bucks already beat the Lakers in December.
Middleton benefits a great deal from having Giannis; and he does really well against sub 500 teams. the good teams can slow down GA and in turn still cover KM.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Middleton was terrible in the Raptors series last year, so it does happen often in high leverage moments.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
You don’t know basketball, go look at the Lakers net rating when LeBron is off the court.

Just an absolutely terrible take.
Thanks Rippy! I didn't mean to insult a LeBron fanboy. Just saying that AD is the key to that team especially against good teams like the Clippers.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Thanks Rippy! I didn't mean to insult a LeBron fanboy. Just saying that AD is the key to that team especially against good teams like the Clippers.
Sure, but you worded your posts incredibly incorrectly if that was your point.

LeBron is far and away more valuable than AD to the Lakers and every metric of analysis backs it up.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Is time still done?

The overreaction after the Christmas game was hilarious, a one possession game where the Lakers led for most of the game.

Lakers dominate with a double digit win today, place is quiet.

Clap back after the western finals

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad