Pre-Game Talk: Los Angeles Kings @ New York Rangers 7:00 PM ET 2/12 FS-W, MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2012
NY
I have almost no memory of the finals. All I remember is the goalie interference and the series winning goal. I even went to game 3 and don't remember a single thing. Apparently they were down by three at the end of the first period.

I remember the other three series just fine though.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Sacrificial game...stay healthy...play Raannta ? and spot the King.....we need the two points worse from the Flyers game IMO . Just play a tight checking no offense wait for a break type of contest and hope for the best . No shame losing one every now and then .

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I've tried my best to erase that series from my memory.

I threw a remote when Girardi went full Girardi in game 1. I was at game 3, paid a nice chunk of money to watch a shutout :(

Why couldn't it have been the Hawks?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I can remember every single moment from the first 3 series but it seems like I blocked out the final. The only things I can remember:

- Zuccarello penalty for being tripped
- Girardi on his knees unable to clear the zone
- Voynov's stick (**** THAT!!!)
- Goalie interference on Lundqvist not called

That's all. I cannot remember anything else.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I've tried my best to erase that series from my memory.

I threw a remote when Girardi went full Girardi in game 1. I was at game 3, paid a nice chunk of money to watch a shutout :(

Why couldn't it have been the Hawks?

I still believe if it was the Hawks, we win that series.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Sacrificial game...stay healthy...play Raannta ? and spot the King.....we need the two points worse from the Flyers game IMO . Just play a tight checking no offense wait for a break type of contest and hope for the best . No shame losing one every now and then .

How is this a "sacrificial game"? Rangers and Kings have the same exact point total. The Rangers are 20-5-2 at home.

What makes you (and everyone else) think the Kings are SO MUCH BETTER than the Rangers?

The Kings were such a great team last year too, oh but they missed the playoffs.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I mean, ultimately I think the Kings would have most likely won that series anyway, but them getting help from the officials was ******* infuriating. I think we could have taken them to 7 games if the officials had done their jobs correctly.

I honestly believe the NHL wanted the Kings to win, and did things to ensure they would.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Only thing I remember was the non-goalie interference call. That completely flipped the series for them.

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
Which directly led to us losing that game, which directly lead to me breaking a few lamps in my house (not lying). The most furious I have been watching a hockey game. When the stakes were that high, I went to another level.

I actually found a piece of cracked lightbulb under the couch a couple weeks ago that I missed when I cleaned it up. :laugh:

And the league said after the fact that it should've been a goalie interference call (before last or this season started I believe).

****ing steamroll these corsi chucking *****es.

BarbaraAlphanse

I'm on to you Rick Nash. Well played...

That settles it. Nash was so skilled he located legitimately the one area he couldn't score a goal by shooting at (martinez's uncontrolled stick), missed a game winning OT goal to send us to game 6, and then the Rangers lost.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
That settles it. Nash was so skilled he located legitimately the one area he couldn't score a goal by shooting at (martinez's uncontrolled stick), missed a game winning OT goal to send us to game 6, and then the Rangers lost.

Or the NHL played a double coup on the Rangers using Rick Nash as a pawn because they knew he would choke.

Well played Bettman...

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I have a question for the mods.

Is there any way you guys can keep the Post-Game Threads open more than just 12 hours or so? There are some of us who don't have the time to add our thoughts in the 12 hours following the game, but might want to when we get the chance to the next day.

Maybe you could just keep them open after the 12 hours where the regular threads are instead of keeping them at the top for 12 hours where the important threads are and then locking them.

Don Jaroodi*

on a 4 game winning streak, vs.. yeah I don't need to explain why this is the worst idea I've ever heard.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I have a question for the mods.

Is there any way you guys can keep the Post-Game Threads open more than just 12 hours or so? There are some of us who don't have the time to add our thoughts in the 12 hours following the game, but might want to when we get the chance to the next day.

Maybe you could just keep them open after the 12 hours where the regular threads are instead of keeping them at the top for 12 hours where the important threads are and then locking them.

I mean... it all depends on the scheduling of the games. When they are every other day, no we usually won't keep them open past a pre-game thread being started. If we have more than a day in between games then they stay open.

Having a Post-Game and Pre-Game thread open at the same time is counterproductive. Despite what anyone says, history has shown that you have the same conversations happening in both threads.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I mean... it all depends on the scheduling of the games. When they are every other day, no we usually won't keep them open past a pre-game thread being started. If we have more than a day in between games then they stay open.

Having a Post-Game and Pre-Game thread open at the same time is counterproductive. Despite what anyone says, history has shown that you have the same conversations happening in both threads.

To be fair, Girardi-Staal suck either individually/pairing or no they don't, Nash either sucks or is the best forward, Rangers cant afford to trade Yandle or in fact should, why is McIrath not playing, are in literally 5 different threads each. I know I think I post in all of them. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad