Post-Game Talk: Looks like you might still need him - Leafs win 2-1 and clinch playoffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Good job boys! Hopefully we can get a little win streak going heading into the playoffs.

Man was I scared when Austin took that shot to the ankle area

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Rosen is definitely a NHL defensemen.
In his first stint he just wasn't ready for the speed and intensity of the league and it brought a lot of panic to his game.
He can skate, moves the puck well and has good hockeysense.

That Dermott pairing looked really good. Having two guys that not only can skate as well as they do but also be reliable puck movers is huge.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Matthews and Marner keeps their playoff streaks alive. With how bad we were before him it’s amazing that Matthews has never missed the playoffs as a Leaf.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I got an infraction and limited access to the site because I said it’s good that JT got the winner which would help strengthen the rivalry. Bit of a joke if you ask me.

No need to post, just read and enjoy the salt. I rarely look at other teams boards but I was curious this morning so I had a look and was not disappointed. I didn't read the entire GDT but the last few pages were fun. TWS was really quiet, had hardly anything to say at all, then got excited when they scored a goal and then when the game ended, he started posting like crazy rationalizing the loss. Pretty funny stuff. :)

Reactions: MattySnipes

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Great win all around, we played solid last night. Can't wait for the playoff avatars to start popping up.

I think Sparkz should start against the Canes and Lightning then play Freddy for the final tune up on Saturday

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
We know how it's going to go down. Either we get frustrated and discouraged because Boston is controlling the puck, outworking us big time, and getting all the calls in their favour while the Leafs are just lost. Or, we turn on some switch and outplay them since game 1. It either goes as expected, or really well. No in between

So we'll either win or lose? Yeah why bother watching if that's the case.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Thought Andersen played really well and the team's defense looked pretty good. Zaitsev has been looking solid with Muzzin, that's a pair that can really disrupt the cycle game well. Thank god Dermott is back too, he is just so damn good at everything.

Having JT get the game winner was nice, but that was the kind of stingy-defense, lots of offense, whole team win that we wanted to see. Very happy with the game and once our shooting% regresses back to normal we're going to be filling the net, we've been putting up almost 40 shots a game for a while now.

Took a stroll through the Isles gamethread and thought it was really funny how they kept referring to this game as our Stanley Cup. If only they were that relevant lmao. We care about the real cup.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
What do the Leafs do with Freddy? Do they just rest him for the remainder or the games and just give maybe a 1 period tuneup game?
He'll take the rest of this week off and play Saturday.
Sparks can swim around tonight and Thursday.

RLF

May 5, 2014
Clinched a playoff birth and played a solid 60 minutes. JT getting the winner is poetic justice.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
A lot to like about tonight's game. My only criticism is that we once again sat back in the third to protect a lead instead of just continuing to play the way that got us into the lead in the first place. This is one of my biggest pet peeves about the way this team is, I assume, coached. Keep the foot on the gas and I feel strong chance Freddie get away with his shutout intact. In any case, with us winning and Boston losing, the chase is still on, tonight could be pretty big. Go Leafs!

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
A lot to like about tonight's game. My only criticism is that we once again sat back in the third to protect a lead instead of just continuing to play the way that got us into the lead in the first place. This is one of my biggest pet peeves about the way this team is, I assume, coached. Keep the foot on the gas and I feel strong chance Freddie get away with his shutout intact. In any case, with us winning and Boston losing, the chase is still on, tonight could be pretty big. Go Leafs!
It was my impression that 5x5, the leafs stepped on the gas. It was the officiating that gave the trailer park team a chance on the pp

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I've never seen a fanbase disgrace themselves like isles fans have with JT.
I have to admit that I felt quite satisfied when they showed the fan reaction after Tavares' goal.

man this cold streak is the best thing to happen to this team.

we're at 59cf% and 61scf% since that ottawa blowout. the best hockey we've ever played.

once the bounces start going our way again we're scary good.
Yeah, I have no idea how people can watch how we've played lately and think that we've been poor. It's like the only thing that matters is the box score.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
JT scores the eventual GWG that secures a playoff spot ... Excellent

Scanning the Arena crowd for reactions after the goal .... Priceless !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad