Value of: Looking for defense, but just gauging...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Depends what you are looking for. I’m not sure combined there’s much juice there outside of Tippett. And he’s not a good enough centerpiece for a true top level guy.

Denisenko and a pick seems like a package that would fetch a quality rental upgrade from a rebuilding team. Or Vatrano straight across for a useful depth defender of similar value?

What are the Panthers shopping for?

Reactions: themelkman

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Seattle has Giordano, Soucy, Fluery and Lauzon as options that could be had. Giordano is an UFA next year so is a rental and they can retain or take a contract back. Soucy and Fluery are signed next season at fairly cheap and Lauzon is a RFA this summer. They should be interested in young offensive talent back, I would say the order of interest would be Tippett, Denisenko then Noel. Giordano should be the one they trade and I would ask Tippett plus a pick.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
If you are looking for a bottom pairing d, the following Canucks may be available:
Hamonic
Schenn
Burroughs
Poolman (don't think you'd want his contract though)

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Id say Gudbranson for future consideratios (y'all make the playoffs and he plays in 50% of the playoffs games we get a 7th,if not zippo)

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
IF IF IF
he would waive early, what would you offer for Trouba?

can do expiring for this yr cap but then need real cap relief and decent quality return

btw I don't expect him to even consider going right now, but FL is a good relocation as discussed and Panthers are making a strong push for the cup.

Rangers should not be foolish impulsive all in now, set up instead to come back stronger after this yr

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
IF IF IF

can do expiring for this yr cap but then need real cap relief and decent quality return

btw I don't expect him to even consider going right now, but FL is a good relocation as discussed and Panthers are making a strong push for the cup.

Rangers should not be foolish impulsive all in now, set up instead to come back stronger after this yr
With the $10 million extension for Barkov starting next season and currently only $4.5 million in cap space next season with 6-7 players needed to be signed, I don’t see the Panthers wanting to add another $8million dollar defender. This would also make resigning Hubby (after next year) difficult. I like Trouba but his contract, his nmc and personal reasons for wanting to sign in NY will significantly reduce the number of trade options for Trouba right now.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IF IF IF

Cap won’t work for Florida

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
If you are looking for a bottom pairing d, the following Canucks may be available:
Hamonic
Schenn
Burroughs
Poolman (don't think you'd want his contract though)

Any of the 3 who aren't bolded would be available, Luke's looked pretty good next to Quinn Hughes.

Burroughs can play both sides, Hamonic's missed time due to COVID and travel restrictions (only vaxxed later) but is stable defensively at least. Poolman honestly is meh (does occasionally make risky rushes and passes) but then again OP's offering fringe roster guys and projects so maybe there's something there?

Hamonic (when healthy) for Vatrano + Noel maybe? The others aren't really what Vancouver needs (Vatrano's good but smallish and only included him for cap balancing reasons [hopefully can flip him down the road], and we don't really need more skilled wingers).

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Any of the 3 who aren't bolded would be available, Luke's looked pretty good next to Quinn Hughes.

Burroughs can play both sides, Hamonic's missed time due to COVID and travel restrictions (only vaxxed later) but is stable defensively at least. Poolman honestly is meh (does occasionally make risky rushes and passes) but then again OP's offering fringe roster guys and projects so maybe there's something there?

Hamonic (when healthy) for Vatrano + Noel maybe? The others aren't really what Vancouver needs (Vatrano's good but smallish and only included him for cap balancing reasons [hopefully can flip him down the road], and we don't really need more skilled wingers).
Rather just get a 3rd/4th for Hamonic.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Depending on where Winnipeg is sitting come the TDL, I could see Dillon being available, maybe Schmidt and/or DeMelo. One of those guys will be a cap casualty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad