OT: Looking for best way my dad can watch all leafs games without cable

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
So my father with dementia would like to be able to watch all leafs games. He technically has cable, but it's a nightmare from a distance to try to explain over the phone each night how to switch from the ROKU back to cable and then have him navigate through cable with a different remote. I know I know...so easy...but trust me if you know, then you know (these challenges).

I'd like to sign him up for a streaming service that he can navigate from the ROKU app page that will give him access to Sportsnet and TSN games. Ideally I wouldn't have to sign him up for both Sportsnet and TSN, but if I have to, I will. Is there a service that provides both games?

Money isn't really an issue here. Don't worry about online non-pay streaming, my dad would not be able to figure that out in a million years not to mention he only uses a TV.

Any help greatly appreciated!
I hope you got your answer and your dad gets to enjoy watching the Leafs. Kudos to you for helping him.

But I disagree, it’s not easy to set up and watch programs today and I think it’s awful what has happened to a large portion of the population that can’t believe something so simple is now so difficult.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
The best scenario is a TV that automatically plays Leafs games.

Turn on TV if off. Turn to game. Stay on until game is over.

A remote with 3 buttons is ideal. *only one remote*. No cable, TV, Blu ray, Hulu remotes. Just one remote.

Power on off.
Up.
Down.

Maybe a 4th button: Leafs Logo.

Or maybe something like this:

Alexa says: There is Leaf’s game in 10 minutes, do you want to watch ?

Dad: Yes.

Alexa: OK I turned the game on. Go Leafs Go.

horner

May 22, 2007
Is there any one else in the retirement home that has the same issue that you are trying to figure out.
Ask administration the might be able to help out , maybe they will upgrade your rogers package to include tsn and sportsnet.

I hope you got your answer and your dad gets to enjoy watching the Leafs. Kudos to you for helping him.

But I disagree, it’s not easy to set up and watch programs today and I think it’s awful what has happened to a large portion of the population that can’t believe something so simple is now so difficult.
The easiest way 9is through rogers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad