London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

dino200022

That was a great effort, I hate Saginaw. They are 10 ply.

We out skilled them and won the physical game. These ones feel good.
I second this opinion, feels good to beat those guys with sheer hardwork and determination.

Nice to see Medvedev have a solid game as well, not that he was not playing well before but nice to see he does have that extra gear in him love it!

Reactions: Fastpace and LDN

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
PJ Fagan is a waste of a roster spot IMO.
Wouldn't be upset if he was traded.
I think there are a better choice of words to use imo.

Not trying to be holier than thou, but it wasn’t that long ago this forum was trying to be more tasteful with their discussion points or criticism - I think triggered by the tragedy two years ago.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
I think there are a better choice of words to use imo.

Not trying to be holier than thou, but it wasn’t that long ago this forum was trying to be more tasteful with their discussion points or criticism - I think triggered by the tragedy two years ago.
Not criticising the person. I'm criticising the player. Hasn't shown any flashes at all. Game is way too fast for him at this level.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Good win despite some wobble in the second period with a bit of fatigue setting in. But they found a second wind in the third Sims tge best player today.

Reactions: LDN

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Another strong game, a 5-2 win over Sarnia this time, and we did not trade anyone. How about that posters?
Lighten up dude. It's a discussion forum. If you can't take criticism of a player then maybe just move on instead of your comments. Yes they're young adults but the OHL is a business... You don't do your job you get replaced, bottom line. Not everyone gets a participation ribbon. And I know for a fact that they hear way worse from the coaching staff. Stop being the feellings police.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Just a reminder that the Sting organization released Van Gorp last year from camp.

They also barred London postal codes from purchasing tickets in the 2023 playoffs, after years of Londoners supporting the Knights/Sting matchups when Sarnia were lucky to get 2500 fans.

I have gone on record saying that I am an OHL fan first, but this is one organization that I have very little respect for. Nothing to do with any of the players. I wish all players the best in any career they pursue.

dino200022

Not criticising the person. I'm criticising the player. Hasn't shown any flashes at all. Game is way too fast for him at this level.
I guess my rebuttal would be...if he is as bad as we are saying. What team is going to be trading for him...no real value if he is that bad. I also think that Fagan has played a better all around game so far than Jenken. But that is just my thoughts..

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
I guess my rebuttal would be...if he is as bad as we are saying. What team is going to be trading for him...no real value if he is that bad. I also think that Fagan has played a better all around game so far than Jenken. But that is just my thoughts..
I think Fagan and Jenken are playing like most rookies/17 year olds do. It’s an adjustment. It was rare to see d-men like Dickinson and Bonk flourish at 17 and even Isaiah George to a lesser extent. We were/are spoiled with all the recent talented young D.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Northern Quebec ( Abitibi Québec)
Lighten up dude. It's a discussion forum. If you can't take criticism of a player then maybe just move on instead of your comments. Yes they're young adults but the OHL is a business... You don't do your job you get replaced, bottom line. Not everyone gets a participation ribbon. And I know for a fact that they hear way worse from the coaching staff. Stop being the feellings police.
Is it now ? 😂! This reply suggests that the writer has trouble reading common sense, if only player criticisms were of merits or from experts.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
I think Fagan and Jenken are playing like most rookies/17 year olds do. It’s an adjustment. It was rare to see d-men like Dickinson and Bonk flourish at 17 and even Isaiah George to a lesser extent. We were/are spoiled with all the recent talented young D.
I completely agree with this post, rookies are bound to commit errors, they need some development time, and Dale and company are doing a great job with most of them. They even sat one in the third for taking earlier selfish penalties, willing to bet some posters here, never bother to take notice, they are so hard up for seeing strictly offense!

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Is it now ? 😂! This reply suggests that the writer has trouble reading common sense, if only player criticisms were of merits or from experts.
This reply suggests that the writer would award everyone a participation medal if he could. Well welcome to the real world where if you can't hack it you get shipped out. None of this "You're all winners" BS!
And I don't profess to be an expert but I do have some connections on the Knights and they tend to agree with my assessment.

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
He's expendables for sure
Moves coming soon still a log jam on D
Personally, I think we are in need of another strong stay-at-home D. Fagan and Jenken are serviceable rookies (mistakes expected), but if we get any suspensions/injuries (which are inevitable), we will be short-handed. Spencer doesn't have the foot speed to play a regular shift, and Mitchell isn't ready.

I definitely would NOT say there is a logjam on D.

Reactions: dino200022

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
This reply suggests that the writer would award everyone a participation medal if he could. Well welcome to the real world where if you can't hack it you get shipped out. None of this "You're all winners" BS!
And I don't profess to be an expert but I do have some connections on the Knights and they tend to agree with my assessment.
🤣Poor thing, it must hurt! Working overtime for creating up such self-made assumption and stories. Well, good for you, do you want a medal for the accomplishment?

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
🤣Poor thing, it must hurt! Working overtime for creating up such self-made assumption and stories. Well, good for you, do you want a medal for the accomplishment?
Not from you. You'd give a medal to anyone as long as they "tried their hardest".
Believe what you want about my credentials.
As far as your opinions, they mean about as much to me as the next whiner. Which is to say, absolutely nothing. So go back to your fairy land where everything smells like roses and everyone is a winner.

• Wow
Reactions: frontsfan67

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Once again, you guys have a great team. My fricken god it must be nice to never even be supbar. Just ridiculous consistency.

Sim certainly looks to have taken up Mccue's role pretty seamlessly. He was a beast today. Dickinson I can't imagine is back next yr. Man amongst boys it feels like watching him.

🍻🍻

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad