London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Not a god damn hope in hell it’s more than that…..

You are talking about Mark Hunter…. He will win literally every horse trade. He will not over pay for a rental.

Mark acquired Taveras and Del Zotto for first rounder Christian Thomas, Scott Valentine, Micheal Zamora and 4 seconds and a third…. If you take just the value for Del Zotto today that would be equivalent to Musty, let’s say Valentine a 2nd and a 3rd.

Today that’s Musty for Arrowsmith 1x2nd 1x3rd

Or Arrowsmith and Fagan and a third

I think the asking price is much higher but if I’m Mark I’m not moving far from that.
Probably not met to be. Sorry but a motivated player of Musty’s calibre will cost more than your evaluation..
Time will tell. Best of luck the rest of the way!

Reactions: tjziel

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
We've seen so many wasted talented players kept up over, instead sending them for more seasoning in juniors, ex. à la Rico Fata that often comes to mind, sometime higher level league play don't always help player development. NHL teams must ensure that they maintain an open mind when it comes to the development of players between the ages of 18 and 19. This stage of their development requires a significant amount of playing time.
Rico Fata was sent back for his draft plus one year. This makes no sense

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Make an offer you are uncomfortable with. I think if we both feel we are giving up something special it’s a win/win for both teams. So far your offers don’t feel like a win for the Wolves. Reach deeper..
To me it is obvious that the asking price is too high because none of the other 19 teams have ponied up yet. I don't think Sudbury holds the cards here. They can only move him for what a buying team is willing to offer. It will likely be disappointing for Sudbury fans on the return.

Reactions: tjziel and LDN

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
The one that holds the cards is Musty and his agent, he will have a no trade clause and can dictate where he plays.

If Sudbury doesn’t like the return then they should negotiate better or settle for less.

Reactions: LDN

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
I guess it's revocable waivers in the OHL

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I guess it's revocable waivers in the OHL

I like this move. Leonard will pick up Konnor Smith's minutes, while he's on injury , and open an option in December, should he want a move .

Leonard will be great for a mostly inexperienced blueline.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I like this move. Leonard will pick up Konnor Smith's minutes, while he's on injury , and open an option in December, should he want a move .

Leonard will be great for a mostly inexperienced blueline.
You changed your mind pretty fast as 2 weeks ago when someone else said OS would pickup an OA D to replace Smith and you said no, OS shouldn't do that because "this year is about developing a young roster". But then when it happens, you love the move!:laugh:
If Smith goes , OS won't take an OA in return.

This year is about developing a young roster.

They'd go the last 3 months with 2 OA, and either a younger Dman or picks to turn into one .
Haha but I'm not hating, I prefer fans who break their back trying to justify their teams move even when a week ago they said doing that literal thing would be a bad move. Much better than the fans who complain about their team/GM just for the sake of complaining

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Make an offer you are uncomfortable with. I think if we both feel we are giving up something special it’s a win/win for both teams. So far your offers don’t feel like a win for the Wolves. Reach deeper..
As usual, people think we are giving them scraps. K Johnston should put up 50pts this year and Arrowsmith and Hawery will carry us to the next era of Knights hockey if he is not traded. Arrowsmith and Van Gorp will hurt because it hurts our team “next year”.

Guaranteed that Van Gorp and Arrowsmith get top 6 minutes on the Knights next year if we keep them so I say that’s a good price. Them and picks…

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
You changed your mind pretty fast as 2 weeks ago when someone else said OS would pickup an OA D to replace Smith and you said no, OS shouldn't do that because "this year is about developing a young roster". But then when it happens, you love the move!:laugh:

Haha but I'm not hating, I prefer fans who break their back trying to justify their teams move even when a week ago they said doing that literal thing would be a bad move. Much better than the fans who complain about their team/GM just for the sake of complaining
This post is about the Attack acquiring a Knights player.

The conversation between Oshawa fans regarding Colby is over .

Your input is no longer required.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Northern Quebec ( Abitibi Québec)
Rico Fata was sent back for his draft plus one year. This makes no sense
That is right, and why he keeps coming back to mind all the time. Yes, he was sent back but not before the damage was done, he was also loaned to Olympic Men Team Canada for part of that one season as well, just couldn't hack it there either, that was the reason for his return

Reactions: zman77

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Mark Hunter waits until the Halttunen situation is cleared up. Be patient. Mike Grier isn’t set on him staying in the AHL either.

“Grier seemed more confident about Cagnoni being around for the Cuda playoff push than Halttunen, though he hasn’t finalized a decision on either. He has until the Trade Deadline in both prospects’ respective CHL leagues, the OHL’s London Knights for Halttunen and the WHL’s Portland Winterhawks for Cagnoni, to decide. The Trade Deadline for both leagues is roughly early January.

Grier seemed less committed to keeping Halttunen in the AHL than he was with Cagnoni: “I think Tuna is a little bit different. I think it’s good for him, he’s getting a taste of playing against men and playing pro hockey.”

Regardless of how the San Jose Sharks proceed with Halttunen, Grier doesn’t think there’s a wrong answer.

“We’ve just got to make a decision here, as a development group and as an organization. If it’s better for him to be up here and have to really work for it, or get more puck touches with a really good London team and have the puck and produce offensively. I don’t think there’s a right or wrong answer, and it’s not an easy answer, but something we’re going through probably a little bit more with him than with Luca.”

Grier was careful not to set too strict of a deadline on making the decision but said he’d prefer to get it done sooner rather than later for Halttunen’s sake and to be fair to London.“
Hold up.... he's playing for the "Cuda" and his nickname is "Tuna"?! I love this.

Also adding a note to say I hope Nelli is O.K.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I'm happy for Leonard. He can now focus on finishing his junior career in Owen Sound. He should fit right in and be a leader on that team.
Screenshot_20241023-115315_Chrome Beta.jpg

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
London has three on the early list in:

Medvedev C
Brzustewicz C
and Arrowsmith W

Notable missing: Van Gorp, Fagen, Jenkin

To put things in perspective last year for preliminary rankings:

Dickskin A
O’Reilly C

Not on the list: Nichol and Woolley