London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

horner

May 22, 2007
Saginaw us f***ing really good .

London hasn't yelled yet having so many players at NHL camps

Brutal game last night, was hard to watch. Our D can’t make an outlet pass for the life of them. Dickinson drives me nuts at times (defensively) - let’s hope this was a wake-up call for the team. Let’s see how they respond Sunday!
He's like Bouchard when he played for the nights

Reactions: MarnerMatthews

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
Was he worth the assets we traded to get him? It’s hard to judge as we got Dickson (sp?) and Mete under similar circumstances and of course both of those guys were home runs? He almost looks like he needs to grow into his body a bit as he seems a bit “unpolished” BUT has all the tools be a true standout. Still loves how he stepped up on last years team and played forward.
Three draft picks were spent to acquire him. Smart move

Reactions: rve24

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
Once again left wondering why Sim was kept over Leonard. Very little offence, plus lots of dumb penalties. This D group needs Leonard. Poor choice there IMO
Honestly....atleast Sim is out there giving it all and not out there floating....not naming names.

Exactly, he was crazy tough when the liney had Epperson tied up haha all of the sudden he wanted to "fight"...stop kidding yourself. He also seemed pretty tough taking shots at London's players so Aboflan was sent out. So he was tough when Barkey was out but a turtle when Aboflan was out. So your assesment on the matter is moot.
What part of my assessment is "moot".

Reactions: Fastpace

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111
Brutal game last night, was hard to watch. Our D can’t make an outlet pass for the life of them. Dickinson drives me nuts at times (defensively) - let’s hope this was a wake-up call for the team. Let’s see how they respond Sunday!
It's crazy as he was better as a rookie defensively. Too much focus on the offensive this year. I am a HUGE Dickinson fan as he was fantastic as he was a very balanced defender. But now...the whole crew need to watch tape on George and how he was able to clear his zone, make outlet passes and get it out of the defensive zone. There is a TON of talent on the back end. They need to put in place better systems as what they have now is not working. We have slow footed defensemen in the back end and the aggressive forecheck Saginaw implemented exposed that. I'm not sure if you can teach footspeed but I hope better systems can fix this.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
It's crazy as he was better as a rookie defensively. Too much focus on the offensive this year. I am a HUGE Dickinson fan as he was fantastic as he was a very balanced defender. But now...the whole crew need to watch tape on George and how he was able to clear his zone, make outlet passes and get it out of the defensive zone. There is a TON of talent on the back end. They need to put in place better systems as what they have now is not working. We have slow footed defensemen in the back end and the aggressive forecheck Saginaw implemented exposed that. I'm not sure if you can teach footspeed but I hope better systems can fix this.
Totally agree about Sam. Slightly concerning that London has a number of veteran returnees and they look lost, for lack of a better word. It is early, but this isn’t a new league for lots of these guys.

I would have kept Leonard over Sim as I’ve opined before but that’s in the past now. I do appreciate Sim’s physical presence, but as an OA, you’ve got to choose your spots.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Just scored his first NHL goal
awesome!

Totally agree about Sam. Slightly concerning that London has a number of veteran returnees and they look lost, for lack of a better word. It is early, but this isn’t a new league for lots of these guys.

I would have kept Leonard over Sim as I’ve opined before but that’s in the past now. I do appreciate Sim’s physical presence, but as an OA, you’ve got to choose your spots.
Sim is extremely effective. Watch how he will drive Erie bonkers today

One bad game. Today I expect a huge improvement and a big win

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Sorry it was supposed to be the reply to BC not yours we were on the same page.

Agreed on Sim. I know he takes some bad penalties but this team right now needs some jam.
And as the Memorial Cup major......personally I think that bone head penalty is down the list of why Saginaw were the better team that day. ( and yes it was a bad penalty to take )

Looking for some balance.
This team will eventually find an identity. Juggling things up is a way to get there.

Roadhog

May 3, 2020
Toronto
Visitor from the other conference here, at my first Knights game. Is Bidgood wearing the cage to protect an injury? He doesn't appear to be a call-up.

Knightsfan90

Sep 17, 2014
Visitor from the other conference here, at my first Knights game. Is Bidgood wearing the cage to protect an injury? He doesn't appear to be a call-up.
he's still on a B card atm having played 9 games of the10 limit till he has to be on an A card. I've heard he's being showcased for possible trade .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad