London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Saginaw dominated much of the game. Medvedev was good despite the five goals.
Spencer really struggled during most of his shifts.
Julien looks out of place out there. Not sure what the issue is.
O’Reilly brings it every game at both ends of the ice.
Nice to see physical play but it was getting stupid late in the game. No need for that nonsense from Sim but we shouldn’t be surprised.
Burn it and move on.

Hendy

Dec 1, 2018
Noticed after the game some players just skated off while others went to Medvedev (who played very well I thought). Must be one of the reasons why some players get letters and some never will.

Reactions: LDN and dino200022

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
I liked Aboflan going after Epperson. You don't come into London and showboat like he did. He turtled like every other Saginaw player but he will think twice next time. Aboflan is a more disciplined Boulton and provides added toughness to the lineup.

Reactions: LDN and dino200022

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
I liked Aboflan going after Epperson. You don't come into London and showboat like he did. He turtled like every other Saginaw player but he will think twice next time. Aboflan is a more disciplined Boulton and provides added toughness to the lineup.

Going after a dude who doesn’t fight because you can’t stop him on offense, just like Coach Dale. I bet he gets more ice time next game. Great way to grow the game

• Haha
Reactions: LDN and howler2

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
If we wanted to grow the game the way it sounds you want to, why even play with goalies? Maybe we should take tackling out of football as well?

Yes because people watch hockey to see fringe OHL players attack skill guys. Jumping a dude who doesn’t want to fight isn’t the future of the game despite what the old school mouth breathers want to believe.

Playing hard and playing defense is ok. Attacking a dude is not

dino200022

Yes because people watch hockey to see fringe OHL players attack skill guys. Jumping a dude who doesn’t want to fight isn’t the future of the game despite what the old school mouth breathers want to believe.

Funny because he seemed pretty tough two shifts before when he elbowed Barkey in the face and then punched Cowan in the face on his way off. But I guess that is ok, start the fight and then turtle haha

crowncarrier

My father hung me on a hook once....once.
Apr 10, 2015
Section 111

Although I agree with most of what you said.... I did find it quite funny that Epperson was willing to throw punches while going after a Knight player that was already tied up with a Saginaw player during the dust up near the end.

dino200022

Although I agree with most of what you said.... I did find it quite funny that Epperson was willing to throw punches while going after a Knight player that was already tied up with a Saginaw player during the dust up near the end.
Exactly, he was crazy tough when the liney had Epperson tied up haha all of the sudden he wanted to "fight"...stop kidding yourself. He also seemed pretty tough taking shots at London's players so Aboflan was sent out. So he was tough when Barkey was out but a turtle when Aboflan was out. So your assesment on the matter is moot.

MarnerMatthews

Jun 27, 2017
Brutal game last night, was hard to watch. Our D can’t make an outlet pass for the life of them. Dickinson drives me nuts at times (defensively) - let’s hope this was a wake-up call for the team. Let’s see how they respond Sunday!

Reactions: dino200022

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
If we wanted to grow the game the way it sounds you want to, why even play with goalies? Maybe we should take tackling out of football as well?
I think a lot of teams would benefit if one coach sent a player out to cross check Cowan to the throat or shatter his ankle.

Reactions: dino200022

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I’ll say tomorrow we better light Erie up! The boys need to be ready to friggin dominate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad