London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Looking forward to seeing Simmer back. He’s such an integral piece. The leadership core on this squad is great. Does anyone have a prediction for letters? Mine is:

Cowan C (home)
Barkey C (away)

Bonk A
Dickinson A
O’Reilly A
Julien A
Sim A

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015
@LDN Keep being you, life is dark and sad, we can all use a laugh!

I also think the Knights should kick the tyres on every player available even to simply raise the prices for our competition

There is a game within the game.
I agree. I would rather read posts from @LDN than the posters who come on here whenever the Knights lose a game and call for the team to be blown up. I also think @LDN has a sense of humour about himself and his posts.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Looking forward to seeing Simmer back. He’s such an integral piece. The leadership core on this squad is great. Does anyone have a prediction for letters? Mine is:

Cowan C (home)
Barkey C (away)

Bonk A
Dickinson A
O’Reilly A
Julien A
Sim A
You get a letter, and you get a letter… EVERYBODYS GETS A LETTER!

In all seriousness I think this is the right call. Either this or Cowan C (home) and Dickinson C (away)

dino200022

As much as everyone here hates me posting about player X or Y would make us better you cannot deny that the Knights need to add to address needs.

Currently our goaltending does seem shakey (can that change yes, but currently neither goalie looks like a game stealer). If Halttunnen is not back you cannot deny we need another forward. Also as good as our D is and can be a defensive D would make a lot of sense. So yes we need to make some moves.

I do like some of the younger guys though. Arrowsmith has been productive which is encouraging!

We also have to remember that Medvedev has also played a total of 4 ( It says 5 but I will put the two relief apperances as 1 game) OHL games at this point and has very respectable numbers in those games. To put that into persepctive lets look at some of our goaltending legends first 4 games in the league.

Steve Mason - 2.50 GAA, 93.6 Sv%
Michael Houser - 4.00 GAA, 86.8 SV%
Brett Brochu - 1.75 GAA, 92.7 SV%

So he would come in the middle of the pack at this point, but we would have to think that he is only going to get better as the season goes on. If a guy with a 90.8 Sv% is our weak point then I think we are doing alright.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
We also have to remember that Medvedev has also played a total of 4 ( It says 5 but I will put the two relief apperances as 1 game) OHL games at this point and has very respectable numbers in those games. To put that into persepctive lets look at some of our goaltending legends first 4 games in the league.

Steve Mason - 2.50 GAA, 93.6 Sv%
Michael Houser - 4.00 GAA, 86.8 SV%
Brett Brochu - 1.75 GAA, 92.7 SV%

So he would come in the middle of the pack at this point, but we would have to think that he is only going to get better as the season goes on. If a guy with a 90.8 Sv% is our weak point then I think we are doing alright.
And Knights fans were ready to run Mason out of town after his first start.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Medvedev is fine. He is poised, confident and has great form. He is gonna be just fine.

He covers the lower part of the net well will quick pad reflexes like Parsons, and is poised with his butterfly that reminds me of Simpson.

We will be just fine, just wanna find another goalie to step up and take some games so Medsy isn’t gassed when March comes around.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohloutsider and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
If I was a betting man this is what I would bet the letters look like.

Captain - Barkey

White A - Cowan
White A - Dickinson

Coloured A - Bonk
Coloured A - Julien

Honrable mentions to Sim and O'Reilly who can fill in if injuries happen.
Barkey does have that captain vibe to him for sure. Honestly we are so lucky to have such a great leadership core. Sim, Bonk, Dickinson, Cowan, Barkey could all be captains and it would t be any issue!

Reactions: dino200022

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad