London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
The return that some of the Sudbury fans are asking for Quentin Musty is unrealistic. Owen Beck who is better than Musty was traded for Aiden Young, two, 2nds and one, 3rd. He was part of two World Junior Teams and won an OHL Championship with Peterborough. (in answer to a usual response the Petes are the best). The return for Colby Barlow was two players, two, 2nds and two, 3rds for a full season of him.
Owen Beck wanted to be traded to Kitchener. Had to be convinced to report to Saginaw. He eventually called his shot to Saginaw and the return reflected that.

If, for example, Musty says Erie or bust, the return Sudbury gets for him will reflect that as well.

Based on the return for Barlow and Rehkopf, perhaps the return for Beck at the last deadline was unrealistic. Unrealistically low.

Reactions: Fastpace

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Owen Beck wanted to be traded to Kitchener. Had to be convinced to report to Saginaw. He eventually called his shot to Saginaw and the return reflected that.

If, for example, Musty says Erie or bust, the return Sudbury gets for him will reflect that as well.

Based on the return for Barlow and Rehkopf, perhaps the return for Beck at the last deadline was unrealistic. Unrealistically low.
I was disappointed in the draft picks. I had hoped for three, 2nds and three, 3rds plus Aiden Young. I don’t think Owen Beck wanted to leave the Petes. Peterborough had made a decision to rebuild after not getting Tucker Robertson back as an overage and they needed to trade him.

Knightsfan90

Sep 17, 2014
By the looks of things, Wolves don’t have the luxury of waiting until the trade deadline for an 08. Furthermore, I don’t believe either Beck or Barlow had 2pts per game last season or were ever the first overall pick in a priority draft…price will be high. Even for London..
If the Wolves prevent a move till after Christmas good luck getting any top talent in the future. Sometimes it's better to move on get most you can then waste half a year of development. I'm sure the Sharks would be pretty upset aswell

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Just a thought but what is the record for most players from one team sent to juniors?

Barkey Cowan Bonk Dickinson (Canada)

Nurmi Halttunen?? (Finland)

If we do win the Musty sweepstakes (USA)

7 players?

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Just a thought but what is the record for most players from one team sent to juniors?

Barkey Cowan Bonk Dickinson (Canada)

Nurmi Halttunen?? (Finland)

If we do win the Musty sweepstakes (USA)

7 players?
Windsor had 5 in 2010,Team Canada with Hall,Ellis,Nemisz, and Henrique, with Cam Fowler playing for Team USA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad