London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
No goalie in the CHL is stopping that 2nd Rehkopf goal, so let that slide. I thought Leonard had a decent period, Julian appears just out for a skate today. Knights will be fine when all their bodies are back and people aren't playing roles above their heads. Hawrey with a good lesson early in the season to not be cute especially with a big dog bearing down on you. The sky is not falling, still favourites in the West... likely will need a different tender if planning to compete for the title either way. Lots of time for things to shake out.
Willmore is a BUG, no better. The book in him is high blocker which was exploited twice today already.
Leonard has not had his best games lately. A little slow to react. That could be because of his injury but do we really have time to give him the chance to get back to 100%. Nope
Julien has been lazy and coasting since laye in thr playoffs last year. Time to cut bait on all these OAs.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Exactly. It might do some posters good to get out n enjoy the nice weather n pop back in come November as part of a personal mental health initiative.
They may or may not be the best team in the West but let's give it a wee bit of the season before freaking out.
It’s like people haven’t watched junior hockey or more specifically, the Knights, before. Maybe they just like to complain. I dunno. 22 straight years of a competitive product hasn’t stopped these folks from doom and gloom and turning over the roster three times. Lmao.

dino200022

Can someone please give Julien a giant kick in the ass. As of 5 minutes left in the 2nd period of the Brampton game he is -8 on the year and has provided 1 point over 5 games. Something has to give, I understand he is probably disappointed coming back so early and not getting a pro contract but a competitive body would turn that into an I will prove you wrong mentality. He is acting like a Prima donna out there.

Reactions: LDN

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Can someone please give Julien a giant kick in the ass. As of 5 minutes left in the 2nd period of the Brampton game he is -8 on the year and has provided 1 point over 5 games. Something has to give, I understand he is probably disappointed coming back so early and not getting a pro contract but a competitive body would turn that into an I will prove you wrong mentality. He is acting like a Prima donna out there.
Something does seem off about him dating back to last season.
Hope he’s okay and rebounds.

Lots of work to be done by the staff. History suggests things will be corrected. Patience. You also can’t win every year and this club is coming off two straight OHL finals. I still think they’ll be competitive.

JagrBomb93

Mar 1, 2014
London, Ontario
Agree that things are not looking good for Willmore. He may get another start or two to see if he can figure it out. It would be tough to give Medvedev starter role with no prior OHL experience. Hunters make look to go get a starter somewhere.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Agree that things are not looking good for Willmore. He may get another start or two to see if he can figure it out. It would be tough to give Medvedev starter role with no prior OHL experience. Hunters make look to go get a starter somewhere.
Sztuska is an OA and a big upgrade. Willmore is an average at best goalie. Sztuska already had a better save percentage last year on a rebuilding Peteborough team. Imagine him with defencemen like bonk, Dickinson, Leonard, Woolley etc in front of him.

On a team without all the big guns Willmore wouldn’t put any numbers up and he’s really getting exposed now at the start of the year with some of the big guns out- point proven

Reactions: ArielNederland

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
;)! Wait for it, wait for it, London Knights new star; "Cohen Bidgood" Do not second guess Dale Hunter's coaching ;)
I certainly trust Dale more than some people on here

Good for Cohen.

Also team playing better with Medvedev in front of them. Since he came in it’s 3-1 Knights lol

Last edited:

Knightsfan90

Sep 17, 2014
They will be fine! Imo the crease is medvedevs. I say bring up Wilson his numbers aren't terrible in Jr B

I believe Bidgood is being showcased for trade but I'm not sure he needs to be moved he looks to be a solid 07 and will be very valuable this year and next!
I hope Bidgood stays but the chance he doesn't is high

Reactions: dino200022

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Everyone breathe, if you remember back to last season. The sky was falling and everyone was in full panic mode the first 15/20 games. Then they figured it out and won the OHL.

Dale will get them straightened out and get chemistry figured out, especially once all the regulars get back in the lineup. They are still missing their 4 best players and a guy who stirs the drink in Sim.

They will be okay, there’s a reason they were ranked number 1 and quite frankly after watching todays game, if Brampton is the best in the east, once they get a full roster and get rolling. They can beat them.

Reactions: dino200022

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Sztuska is an OA and a big upgrade. Willmore is an average at best goalie. Sztuska already had a better save percentage last year on a rebuilding Peteborough team. Imagine him with defencemen like bonk, Dickinson, Leonard, Woolley etc in front of him.

On a team without all the big guns Willmore wouldn’t put any numbers up and he’s really getting exposed now at the start of the year with some of the big guns out- point proven

Not necessarily disagreeing with your analysis here but I don’t see London rushing to make a move with Medvedev and Wilson at their disposal. We really don’t know what Wilson is capable of yet. Perhaps London is also waiting out the overage market to get Liam at a perceived discount. In any event, it will be a purposeful move and one not made out of panic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad