London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Oshawa won that trade for sure
Not sure that’s definitive. Attack weren’t going to win the west with or without Barlow. They get back a player taken in the 2nd rd of the OHL draft and a player in the 3rd rd of the OHL draft - so two good young players plus a haul of picks. For what will be 1 year of Barlow. I’d say it’s a win win but trades like this usually need a few years to define a true winner.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
I’m not a Barlow fan as previously stated but that is a light package going the other way. Well done Oshawa.
Ya it doesn’t seem huge but the trade market has indeed changed since Phil Tomosino trading days. Since we are only allowed to trade picks 4 years out trades have been watered down.

With that in mind, to me it’s not a bad haul.

Reactions: LDN

JRHOCKEYBUZZ

Aug 22, 2024
Oshawa won that trade for sure
Not sure about that; If Oshawa wins the championship and Barlow plays a big part in that then yes. If however Oshawa comes up short- What make this a trade loss for Owen Sound? They move on from someone who was not coming back. They send him to a contender; In return they get two younger players who can develop into a top 4 Dman & top 6 forward during their "window". Plus Owen Sound refills their draft cupboard. The risk all runs on Oshawa to convert this season into a championship. Owen Sound just needs to develop the two players and capitalize on the early draft picks and I think the Attack are happy with the return.

Reactions: MidwestStorm

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
regardless of outcome. Oshawa wins that trade. They got a premium player for almost the entire season for a low cost. It’s a huge win for them.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
regardless of outcome. Oshawa wins that trade. They got a premium player for almost the entire season for a low cost. It’s a huge win for them.
Disagree, OS got a plethora of assets that will help them down the road for a guy who isn't going to move the needle for them this year and if he lives up to hype will be graduating next year.
There is a reason London doesn't often go one year big game hunting it rarely provides value for the shopper...

Reactions: LDN and Stellar29

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Disagree, OS got a plethora of assets that will help them down the road for a guy who isn't going to move the needle for them this year and if he lives up to hype will be graduating next year.
There is a reason London doesn't often go one year big game hunting it rarely provides value for the shopper...
Agreed, but the value is there for OSH. They are East favourites now

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
They win the trade if they win the championship. Definition of boom or bust. Can say that about a lot of big trades but especially this one- trading 2 young talented bodies along with 4 high picks and 2 mid ones

Unless oshawa wins the championship- Owen sound barring any injuries or lack of development to those 2 boys win this easily. Have to over pay though to play. Like this in any big trade.

They have the team for it. Could absolutely see them hoisting the cup however a lot of hockey is to be played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad