London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
So we are assembling at this point. Adding Peanut back is awesome!

When we have a depleted squad sometimes coaching wins games. Kaeden gone is fine with me..he might get 20 goals with Sarnia but coaches know why hes gone. As soon as Barkey gets back the team will really catch fire.
KJ will hopefully have a ppg season for the sting! I hope he lights it up! It’s a numbers game. He wouldn’t have top 6 mins here

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Our top 6F currently are O’Reilly, Nicholl, Julien(OA),Van Gorp, Nurmi Van Bommel

My thought would be go Nurmi- O’Reilly- Nicholl
Van Gorp-Julien-Van Bommel

Thoughts on Barkey, Cowan and Halttunnen coming back? Mine is Barkey and Cowan are for sure. Halttunnen is 50/50 chance

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
In the scenario without Halttunnen it would be nice if Semyenov comes but if he doesn’t we would likely want to make a trade to round out our top forward unit.

I’m of the opinion that this is a championship calibre lineup when all the soldiers return.

Barkey-Cowan-Halttunnen (or other import)
Nurmi-O’Reilly-Nicholl
Van Gorp-Julien-Sim
Boulton-Hawery-Van Bommel

You could easily slot Arrowsmith, Read, Gerber or Bidgood in too. All capable OHLers!

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
If you have followed the sharks camp at all your know that Halttunen is like back this week with Dickinson coming back very soon as well.

Barkey is waiting on medical clearance to be sent back and will not play at all for the big club, hard to jump into game mode missing all the work up.

Bonk should be back within a week or two.

Sim will be back once medically cleared 3-4 weeks.

Cowan I think will be back sooner than expected, he has played well but he needed to show some dominance in the exhibition games. The NHL regularly season gets progressively harder. He admitted to reporters post game he still has some work to do.

Next week top 6:

O’Rielly Nicholl Hawery
Nurmi Julien Van Gorp

Nurmi is going to take some time to adjust, as did Halttunen last year. Hawery has show he can use the top minutes while he can, reminds me of Evangelista but stronger at 16.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Leafs are cutting down the lineup in the next 24-48 hours

1727706436859.png

Reactions: Geff and LDN

Slowpace

Jan 8, 2018
If you have followed the sharks camp at all your know that Halttunen is like back this week with Dickinson coming back very soon as well.

Barkey is waiting on medical clearance to be sent back and will not play at all for the big club, hard to jump into game mode missing all the work up.

Bonk should be back within a week or two.

Sim will be back once medically cleared 3-4 weeks.

Cowan I think will be back sooner than expected, he has played well but he needed to show some dominance in the exhibition games. The NHL regularly season gets progressively harder. He admitted to reporters post game he still has some work to do.

Next week top 6:

O’Rielly Nicholl Hawery
Nurmi Julien Van Gorp

Nurmi is going to take some time to adjust, as did Halttunen last year. Hawery has show he can use the top minutes while he can, reminds me of Evangelista but stronger at 16.
Halttunen will likely be sent to their AHL camp first.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Halttunen will likely be sent to their AHL camp first.
Yup, this is exactly the case. He'll go through Barracuda camp and try and make the AHL team, and get sent back to London if he doesn't. Our (Sharks fans) feeling is that he'll be OHL-bound, but obviously if he shows out at Cuda camp that can change.

Dickinson survived another round of cuts, but you'll get him back soon. There's no way he's making the NHL roster.

Reactions: LDN and Slowpace

JRHOCKEYBUZZ

Aug 22, 2024
Any concern on the goaltending front for the Knights? If this is a go for it year- Which all indications seem likely of that- I think a goalie is needed. Willmore and his 30 GP of Major Jr and sub .900 do not indicate a true number 1 especially as an overage, Is there enough from Medvedev & Wilson that makes Hunter & Co confident enough in running with a rookie tandem this season?

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Why would they assign him to the AHL if they’re intending on having him play in the OHL?
They want to give him every chance and every piece of experience possible, to help further his development. He certainly has a chance to make the AHL team and he earned the right to get a chance to try and do so. But from Sharks posters, they seem to think he would be better suited having one more year in the O.

Personally, I think his defensive side of the game could use some more work. He has certainly outgrown the O in some areas of his game, but another year of Hunter teaching wouldn't do him harm. At this point, he will determine his own fate. He will either have a great camp and make the AHL team, or the Sharks will think he needs a bit more seasoning in the OHL. It is not unheard of for players to be sent back to junior after playing a portion of the AHL season either, for example, Josh Bloom last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad