London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Is he the best available?
In my opinion yes but someone that watches mainly western conference may think it’s parsons.

Or Ottawa fans may think Mackenzie but I’m not going to include a guy that can’t play all the games. If Ottawa were to trade him I don’t think teams that are looking to contend would pay as much for him with his injury problems.

Reactions: dino200022 and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Maybe he should have been training with the rest of the London Knights prior to camp with the Leafs.
Meh idk. I think he really wants it, but he needs to do something dynamic. I wish they played him SH. I think they would appreciate his value if they used him in that type of role/situation

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
You guys all think we are trading for Quentin Musty or Colby Barlow…..

We all know Mark will then just acquire a guy like Sam McCue at the trade deadline super cheap lol! Actually not a bad idea cuz he would be a great OA next year for the new wave after the Cowan Barkey era.

It’s always how it works. We should all know by now lol!

Reactions: sbpointer and LDN

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
You guys all think we are trading for Quentin Musty or Colby Barlow…..

We all know Mark will then just acquire a guy like Sam McCue at the trade deadline super cheap lol! Actually not a bad idea cuz he would be a great OA next year for the new wave after the Cowan Barkey era.

It’s always how it works. We should all know by now lol!
Not what I said, just Barlow and George are the only players I covet at this time. Not going to happen.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
So the Barrie Colts acquire Gabriel Eliasson for a 3rd and 15th. That is crazy low.

Either they will be this years version of Saginaw or Sudbury of last year. Both have opposite projections…

Reactions: LDN

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
most of these teams would like to keep their players that are coming back next year as well lol
That’s pretty obvious - no need to even state the obvious, but you can’t be that naive to think that Owen Sound will be anywhere competitive in the next 2 years.

High chance that Sam McCue gets traded this year. He’s also an 05 so he could turn pro next year if he gets signed.

Last edited by a moderator:

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
That’s pretty obvious - no need to even state the obvious, but you can’t be that naive to think that Owen Sound will be anywhere competitive in the next 2 years.

High chance that Sam McCue gets traded this year. He’s also an 05 so he could turn pro next year if he gets signed.

at the trade deadline last year it was a massive struggle for teams to trade players 'with term'. i heard so many 04s that teams were calling about that were not on the table. i think the same will happen with 05s this year.

the only way that it happened was if they were part of a 1st round pick return (smith and mccoy), a significant overpay (ride/veccia), or a team that wanted to get the cash off the books (lavioe).

if mccue goes up it would be such an overpay that id be surprised if it would fit any of the above formats. if veccia is worth a 2,3,4, mccue is worth much more then that. which is why i dont see them moving him or anyone trading for him. certainly not london who prefers the smart stratigic moves.

with regards to george, why would owen sound move him when odds are they can get the same package next summer? its not like someone will give them 20 picks now, the price will be close to barlow/rehkopf and it will be the same return next summer.

Reactions: Stellar29

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
as an aside, if wakley didnt get signed after their amazing years last year, i dont see why the leafs would use a contract slot on mccue regardless of how he plays, especially given they load up their ahl team with 25/26 year olds all the time.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
at the trade deadline last year it was a massive struggle for teams to trade players 'with term'. i heard so many 04s that teams were calling about that were not on the table. i think the same will happen with 05s this year.

the only way that it happened was if they were part of a 1st round pick return (smith and mccoy), a significant overpay (ride/veccia), or a team that wanted to get the cash off the books (lavioe).

if mccue goes up it would be such an overpay that id be surprised if it would fit any of the above formats. if veccia is worth a 2,3,4, mccue is worth much more then that. which is why i dont see them moving him or anyone trading for him. certainly not london who prefers the smart stratigic moves.
McCue is not going to be an overpay lol!

Putting up 37pts in 68 games is not overwhelming. Veccia had a bit more value to himself. This is in fact a Mark Hunter move and is very much smart and strategic.

Even if it were to cost us a 3rd, 5th and a conditional 3rd pending on an OA season, it would be a smart move.

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Interesting, the Knights roster has been updated on the OHL site for the 24/25 season.
The roster has Gazizov, Nurmi and Halttunen but no Semenov.

Which also means with Gazizov listed, there are 5 OA's.

Of course, a lot to happen with NHL camps and so on, but most interesting to me, is no Semenov. I wonder if the plan will be Nurmi and either Halts or if he doesn't return Gaz and then deal 2 other OAs.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
McCue is not going to be an overpay lol!

Putting up 37pts in 68 games is not overwhelming. Veccia had a bit more value to himself. This is in fact a Mark Hunter move and is very much smart and strategic.

Even if it were to cost us a 3rd, 5th and a conditional 3rd pending on an OA season, it would be a smart move.

it would cost more then that. if mccue went up there would be a lineup given how he plays. theres a reason why you want mccue, its not about points, and he will produce more this year.

i dont see why this years deadline would be different then last years deadline, players with a year and a half left were hard to get and when you got them, they went for a boatload, see above for the 'proof'

come to think of it, ethan hay trade may be a better comparable based on 7th round pick who didnt produce signicfantly but played the same way, he went for 6 picks. 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 5th, 7th.

with half a year gone, maybe that eliminates a 2nd and 3rd?

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
it would cost more then that. if mccue went up there would be a lineup given how he plays. theres a reason why you want mccue, its not about points, and he will produce more this year.

i dont see why this years deadline would be different then last years deadline, players with a year and a half left were hard to get and when you got them, they went for a boatload, see above for the 'proof'

come to think of it, ethan hay trade may be a better comparable based on 7th round pick who didnt produce signicfantly but played the same way, he went for 6 picks. 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 5th, 7th.

with half a year gone, maybe that eliminates a 2nd and 3rd?
Difference is Dave Drinkell had a plethora of picks from the Minty trade and he could do that trade and didnt care as much about giving up a lot of picks cuz he was doing whatever he could to win the Memorial Cup.

That is not how Mark Hunter does business. He will be a hard bargain of how many picks he gives up.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Difference is Dave Drinkell had a plethora of picks from the Minty trade and he could do that trade and didnt care as much about giving up a lot of picks cuz he was doing whatever he could to win the Memorial Cup.

That is not how Mark Hunter does business. He will be a hard bargain of how many picks he gives up.

so then if mccue is moved, someone else with a plethora of picks, perhaps brantford or kingston, may be able to pay that price, hence why im surprised his name was brought up with london.

im well aware of how mark does business, ive applauded him for it many times on the road, hence why if, and its probably an if, mccue is traded, it wont be london, as his value would be high.

Last edited:

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Heads up to anyone who has printed tickets. There's one there that says Sunday December 20th... that date is actually a Friday.

Also paying the extra for the ticket booklet is well worth it. $7 extra I think.. each ticket has a free Chik FIL A sammich and there's coupons for little Ceasars.

There's also the Culberts Bakery Windsor Spitfires coupon. A free 6 pack of cream puffs

Reactions: tjziel

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
Heads up to anyone who has printed tickets. There's one there that says Sunday December 20th... that date is actually a Friday.

Also paying the extra for the ticket booklet is well worth it. $7 extra I think.. each ticket has a free Chik FIL A sammich and there's coupons for little Ceasars.

There's also the Culberts Bakery Windsor Spitfires coupon. A free 6 pack of cream puffs
Enjoy the last year for the booklets, Only reason they are here this season was because Ticketmaster came in late.
Interesting, the Knights roster has been updated on the OHL site for the 24/25 season.
The roster has Gazizov, Nurmi and Halttunen but no Semenov.

Which also means with Gazizov listed, there are 5 OA's.

Of course, a lot to happen with NHL camps and so on, but most interesting to me, is no Semenov. I wonder if the plan will be Nurmi and either Halts or if he doesn't return Gaz and then deal 2 other OAs.

Semenov is having Visa issues, this is why he is off the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad