London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 7)

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
The great thing about winning is that you can say whatever you want and your opponent just has to STFU and take their medicine.

I don’t fault the London fans at all for wanting to run up the score, because I’m just as ignorant and unsportsmanlike when Oshawa is winning.

Pulling off a Michigan goal to make it 8-0 late in the 2nd period was really rubbing their face in it, but once again that’s what you can do when you’re blowing out an undermanned opponent.

I suppose Oshawa should be thankful that Hunter didn’t pull the goalie late in the 3rd to try and get to double digits?

All I can say is karma has a way of evening these things out.
London is missing Leonard. Sim and Lawrence soooooo...

• Haha
Reactions: All the Answers

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
I dont want to be THAT guy but does anyone remember the 2018-19 Second round series against Guelph where the Knights were up 3 games to 0 and Guelph came back and won that series in 7? I do, thats why I cant get excited. I'm also a Maple Leafs fan which might have something to do with it also but it just aint over till you win that 4TH game!!
That Guelph team was a much different beast.
Totally agree it isn't won yet but much different vibe here.
Mentioned after game 1 it seems Shwa is out of gas.
Never got that vibe from the Storm.
As far as the Leafs.........I'm a Habs fan so I can't comment ;)

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
I remember reading that Fagen was injured during playoffs. I understood he was a big part of our future plans. Anyone have any info?
He had a high ankle sprain in the playoffs for the Nationals

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Assuming you are referring to the roster losses both teams have and the fact Oshawas are far more critical? If that's the case be careful we were missing arguably the leagues best goalie last year in Brochu. Yet we have had to listen all year to a Pete's fan run around the forum telling us how great last year's Pete's team was. Thank goodness that's about to become history .... LOL.

Yes, that’s precisely what I was referring to. Appreciate the explanation though, because now I understand where the overcompensating and attempts to dismiss the impact of Oshawa’s injuries comes from.

Not sure why anyone would let a Peterborough troll get in their head though. Especially when they went from the Memorial Cup last year to being laughable bottom feeders this year.

dukedukowski

Jun 11, 2022
IMG_20240511_200022085.jpg
IMG_20240511_200052627~2.jpg

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
After watching, when home, the fumbling on pre game n intermission TSN coverage by "one" of the panel........we have actually been spoiled with the current and last..... between period community TV broadcasters. Way better than what I saw tonight.
London develops not only players to move on to pros but looks like ch 13 is starting to as well lol.

I feel for the Shwa players. Tough to play 2 games in a row when they are over early n get lopsided.
They showed frustration but didn't let it go overboard. Kudos.

Reactions: sbpointer

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Sooooo, check everything I wrote about the Gennies. that, apparently is not the team we have seen in the last two games.

Honestly Im stunned. I have never seen a team so dominated.

Surprised me that Willmore didnt start the third.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
If there’s any silver lining to Sennecke missing this series it’s that he might slide a bit in the draft and somehow still be on the board when the Maple Leafs pick at #23.

Prior to the playoffs, some clueless media shills were proclaiming Sennecke would be a 2nd round pick.

I knew if Oshawa had a deep run in the playoffs, he would be a major part of it and wouldn’t be under the radar anymore.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
TSN isn’t showing them but they’re on the OHL homepage.
thank you. I just viewed the Oshawa interview. They tried to put on a hopeful spin, but you could see the pain.

And who is the moron who asked why they changed goaltenders? The coach's response was priceless :D

Just watched the Knights interview. Dale's legendary interview skills are on full display. I've been laughing nonstop for a few minutes.

... and now my personal opinion on what many consider cool. I don't like The Michigan. I'm aware it takes skill but I don't like it. played goal for 15 years until the knees gave out and I think it's unfair to tenders. Thats just me. Flame away.

Last edited:

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
thank you. I just viewed the Oshawa interview. They tried to put on a hopeful spin, but you could see the pain.

And who is the moron who asked why they changed goaltenders? The coach's response was priceless :D

Just watched the Knights interview. Dale's legendary interview skills are on full display. I've been laughing nonstop for a few minutes.

... and now my personal opinion on what many consider cool. I don't like The Michigan. I'm aware it takes skill but I don't like it. played goal for 15 years until the knees gave out and I think it's unfair to tenders. Thats just me. Flame away.
I certainly don’t like it in an 8-0 game but considering he just got smoked behind the net then they gave him the time and the space to pull it off……also it was his 3rd of the playoffs. Not like it was Haltunnen throwing his 4th of the night in there.

Reactions: Fastpace

Donnie740

May 28, 2021

Let’s not get into the semantics of fairness because the ridiculously oversized goalie equipment is also “unfair” to shooters.

I can’t stand the “Michigan” because it’s an asinine hotdog move that belongs in beer leagues or the NCAA - - not in major junior or the NHL.

• Haha
Reactions: luiginb

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
I’m old fashioned I guess but I didn’t love McCue’s lacrosse goal. Seemed over the top. In his defence, he took a cross check and had time to do it. Still seems like rubbing it in.
I will give Oshawa credit for not turning the games into gong shows. If roles were reversed, I think it’d be different.
London is exploiting the slower Oshawa D (fatigue?). Cowan and Barkey back together is dangerous for the opposition. Henry B is doing a very good job on left wing. Defence was excellent besides a rare George gaffe.

Reactions: All the Answers

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
If the rules allow for it, then anything goes. Also saw Generals Updates whining about the Knights playing the top powerplay line when the game was out of hand and said Dale900 would "be the first to cry" if the roles were reversed. That Couldn't be further from the truth. I remember a game I was at years ago at St Mike's, Knights went up by 4 or 5 in the first, Toronto came back to tie it and Dale kept rolling his #1 powerplay line and I think the final was 14-8. Toronto coach was livid, but Dale900 said, they came back once, what's to stop them from doing it again. Schremp had 8 points that game. Dale900 would expect nothing less than other teams using their #1 line in a blowout.

The other side of it, Knights would be accused of sending out the goons if they ran the Boulton line out every other shift.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
My team didn't play Oshawa 4 times, but did outshoot them 43-14 in their own barn.

One game is hardly a useful sample, though. The Conference as a whole was way, way below .500 and extremely weak as a whole. The 4 best teams in the league were in the West, maybe more.

It was NB going 3-1 vs SSM, winning 6-3 in the only post dead line meeting.
The mid-west as usual was best. The west was the worst division post deadline. The east was much better post deadline than early in the season.
We went through this prior to the play-offs. I think it was from Jan.1; the east as a whole went 9-3-1-1 vs SSM, and SSM ~0.500 vs the east. Oshawa was 3-0-1 vs SSM, Saginaw, & London.

Last edited:
Reactions: 190 is almost 206

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Let’s not get into the semantics of fairness because the ridiculously oversized goalie equipment is also “unfair” to shooters.

I can’t stand the “Michigan” because it’s an asinine hotdog move that belongs in beer leagues or the NCAA - - not in major junior or the NHL.
It don't matter as long it's legal, don't care how they go in as long it goes in. The thing to watch for is the crossbar, it is being used to determine high stick, it appears McCue's stick was above the bar coming down with the puck, before putting it in the net. It was very close to a high stick nevertheless, this is a skilled move for anyone that can make it, and more so in playoffs game action

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
No problem with the Michigan, McCue get nailed and instead of taking the kids head off he scores an incredible goal and mad celies. Good on you kid!

Hockey is blood sport, Oshawa has no business being here. It’s like watching an amateur get into a UFC match, they are going to get punched hard over and over until the fight is called.

Too bad they can’t call the series now, this isn’t even great practice time.

Also, why can’t Oshawa just play a trap, Flint did it well with no skill and almost won a game!

Can’t believe I likely saw the last game at the bud this year. See yall in Saginaw!

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
If the rules allow for it, then anything goes. Also saw Generals Updates whining about the Knights playing the top powerplay line when the game was out of hand and said Dale900 would "be the first to cry" if the roles were reversed. That Couldn't be further from the truth. I remember a game I was at years ago at St Mike's, Knights went up by 4 or 5 in the first, Toronto came back to tie it and Dale kept rolling his #1 powerplay line and I think the final was 14-8. Toronto coach was livid, but Dale900 said, they came back once, what's to stop them from doing it again. Schremp had 8 points that game. Dale900 would expect nothing less than other teams using their #1 line in a blowout.

The other side of it, Knights would be accused of sending out the goons if they ran the Boulton line out every other shift.
I remember this exact game and interview you are talking about. If I remember correctly, he also said something along the lines of, if you don’t want us to put our PP out there, stop taking penalties.

Reactions: Otto

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I’m old fashioned I guess but I didn’t love McCue’s lacrosse goal. Seemed over the top. In his defence, he took a cross check and had time to do it. Still seems like rubbing it in.
I will give Oshawa credit for not turning the games into gong shows. If roles were reversed, I think it’d be different.
London is exploiting the slower Oshawa D (fatigue?). Cowan and Barkey back together is dangerous for the opposition. Henry B is doing a very good job on left wing. Defence was excellent besides a rare George gaffe.

The generals D is definitely a weakness without Punnet for 25+ minutes.
I don’t mind the lacrosse style wrap around too much, though I would like to see the player’s head removed while attempting such a move more.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021

No issue with PP1 out there. It’s the championship series, not a random blowout game in November. And PP2 did see more time with the game out of reach on the last few powerplays.
You can’t converse with GeneralsUpdates. Any criticism of his team, he goes into attack mode. Not surprised he’s tweeting about London in that way.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
It's interesting when you listen to London players doing interviews as there's one expression you constantly here: "we stick to the system" (or, "we trust the system").
I suppose all teams have their own system, but you can tell that the Knights preach it, and it's taken as the gospel.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
No problem with the Michigan, McCue get nailed and instead of taking the kids head off he scores an incredible goal and mad celies. Good on you kid!

Hockey is blood sport, Oshawa has no business being here. It’s like watching an amateur get into a UFC match, they are going to get punched hard over and over until the fight is called.

Also, why can’t Oshawa just play a trap, Flint did it well with no skill and almost won a game!

Can’t believe I likely saw the last game at the bud this year. See yall in Saginaw!

Punnet & Senneke are needed more by Oshawa than Mallioux & Cowan by London last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad